Covid-19 discussion, continued...

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 2:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Shit like this is cringey when the left does it, and it doesn't make it less cringey if someone on the right does it (assuming she is on the right). 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 2:44 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Sounding very 2003 liberal you are...

Sadly, those liberals pretty much went missing around 2008 and were never to be seen again.  

If they ever come back, they will be ashamed to see that liberals became everything that they hated. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 5:13 PM

I. Don't. Know.

I don't know if her evidence is credible. Do you? Have you verified it? 

Ever heard of curveball? 

So who would be credible if not someone who worked there? 

In a generic sense, wouldn't that be someone who is most credible, an eye witness?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 6, 2023 5:14 PM

My view? I say 50/50 as in I don't know. I can't dismiss either one of them. 

If I had to pick one, I'd say lab, but little confidence in that option.

I don't think we will ever know for sure unless we get some key intel or credible human sources, so anything is really guess work. 

50/50 whether this virus was from a lab or from bat soup? 

Come on ptown, what does logic/common sense tell you?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 9:12 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biggest-scandal-american-history

We now know this censorship and speech silencing was part of a systematic effort of senior scientists to mislead the American people. When COVID-19 first became a threat in early 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci already knew the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) had funded research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology via EcoHealth Alliance. He knew the WIV was a subgrantee of EcoHealth Alliance – and that EcoHealth Alliance was not in compliance with its grant reporting. Specifically, the organization was out of compliance for a project that NIAID knew could potentially make novel bat-borne coronaviruses much more dangerous.

Fauci knew all this.

So, the same experts who are paid by the American people and given tens of billions of dollars to invest in research decided that they would deliberately mislead the American people.

This perfectly captures the arrogance of the aristo-bureaucrats, who believe they are intellectually and morally superior to the people to whom they are supposed to be accountable. They believe they have the right and duty to censor what we think and say – and to feed us falsehoods in the name of some higher duty.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 3:11 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biggest-scandal-american-history

We now know this censorship and speech silencing was part of a systematic effort of senior scientists to mislead the American people. When COVID-19 first became a threat in early 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci already knew the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) had funded research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology via EcoHealth Alliance. He knew the WIV was a subgrantee of EcoHealth Alliance – and that EcoHealth Alliance was not in compliance with its grant reporting. Specifically, the organization was out of compliance for a project that NIAID knew could potentially make novel bat-borne coronaviruses much more dangerous.

Fauci knew all this.

So, the same experts who are paid by the American people and given tens of billions of dollars to invest in research decided that they would deliberately mislead the American people.

This perfectly captures the arrogance of the aristo-bureaucrats, who believe they are intellectually and morally superior to the people to whom they are supposed to be accountable. They believe they have the right and duty to censor what we think and say – and to feed us falsehoods in the name of some higher duty.

I agree with everything about this article except the title.  You can’t have multiple “biggest” scandals in American history.  You yourself have called about 5 things in the past year the “biggest”.

I believe most people (not extremes) probably assume this thing came out of the Wuhan lab.  I think it was unintentionally released because I don’t see the strategy of releasing on your own people who also had the most restrictive Covid measures, as being sensible, but maybe I’m wrong.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 7, 2023 7:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I believe most people (not extremes) probably assume this thing came out of the Wuhan lab.

I think it's like 50/50 lab or market...but not at all remotely confident it came from a wet market.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login