Covid-19 discussion, continued...

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 1:43 PM

Nephew was supposed to get surgery today for tubes i his ears to prevent ear infections but he tested positive yesterday. He went home took an at home test and was negative went to another testing place today and was positive again. He is perfectly fine and was snowboarding and going to basketball practice and games just a day before. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Got a call from my primary doctor’s office.

They had to reschedule my yearly physical in April because the doctor would be out. So they had to move my appointment from like mid April to the week before. 

No big deal, the lady asked me what day/time and I said “it’s so far out you pick a time and I will be there/put it on my calendar.

All is fine.

Then she asks me…

“In the last month have you been in contact with anyone who had COVID?”

And she starts down her list of 10 COVID questions like my appointment was tomorrow.  

I said “ma’am, why does it matter if I have been exposed for an appointment 3 months from now?”

She went silent and said “I can’t make an appointment without answering these questions”

I said “ok, since the answers mean nothing for April, just make up the answers, as it would be nonsense for an April appointment.”

She said “hold, I have to ask my manager what to do”. 

A minute later she gets back on, she’s still confused like she doesn’t understand why COVID exposure questions don’t mean anything for 3 months from now and just starts asking again.  

I said “ma’am, just put whatever answer you want, the appointment is in April, not tomorrow. So if I was exposed I would have gone through the disease and cured of it like 2 months before the appointment. Just put all yes’s, all no’s, or any mixture you want, I don’t care.”

She was really confused and just started again with the first question. 

I said “ma’am, just put whatever you have to put to get the appointment scheduled, it doesn’t matter, put all no’s I don’t care”

She finally just answered them herself. 

The lack of understanding of reality by some people who then just go off a script is troubling. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 26, 2022 9:56 PM

Nurses are making bank….but working tough hours too.

My aunt at Scioto Memorial during the past month is being offered $1500 for unscheduled shifts. Said she can take them pretty much whenever she wants….but she’s 61 and has worked forever so she has been only doing them every couple weeks so she can fund her gambling habit at Scioto Downs lol.

State numbers were high today but trending down so that won’t last too much longer but that’s crazy money.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 10:56 AM

tweet chernobyl dissident scientist soviet union

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 12:01 PM
posted by jmog

The lack of understanding of reality by some people who then just go off a script is troubling. 

This.  All of this.  It bottles my mind on a daily basis, that we are STILL where we are.  
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 12:04 PM

boggles 

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 12:10 PM
posted by jmog

Got a call from my primary doctor’s office.

They had to reschedule my yearly physical in April because the doctor would be out. So they had to move my appointment from like mid April to the week before. 

No big deal, the lady asked me what day/time and I said “it’s so far out you pick a time and I will be there/put it on my calendar.

All is fine.

Then she asks me…

“In the last month have you been in contact with anyone who had COVID?”

And she starts down her list of 10 COVID questions like my appointment was tomorrow.  

I said “ma’am, why does it matter if I have been exposed for an appointment 3 months from now?”

She went silent and said “I can’t make an appointment without answering these questions”

I said “ok, since the answers mean nothing for April, just make up the answers, as it would be nonsense for an April appointment.”

She said “hold, I have to ask my manager what to do”. 

A minute later she gets back on, she’s still confused like she doesn’t understand why COVID exposure questions don’t mean anything for 3 months from now and just starts asking again.  

I said “ma’am, just put whatever answer you want, the appointment is in April, not tomorrow. So if I was exposed I would have gone through the disease and cured of it like 2 months before the appointment. Just put all yes’s, all no’s, or any mixture you want, I don’t care.”

She was really confused and just started again with the first question. 

I said “ma’am, just put whatever you have to put to get the appointment scheduled, it doesn’t matter, put all no’s I don’t care”

She finally just answered them herself. 

Right, they probably came up with these questions for no reason just to waste 5 more minutes of everyones time. Next time, just answer a few questions instead of giving shit to someone who has absolutely no input on the subject. If you have THAT big of a problem with it, ask to speak with someone who can actually give you an answer. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 12:21 PM

Get a doctor that sends the survey to your phone prior to the appointment. Takes maybe 30 seconds to submit. Problem solved! 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 12:56 PM
posted by Rotinaj

Right, they probably came up with these questions for no reason just to waste 5 more minutes of everyones time. Next time, just answer a few questions instead of giving shit to someone who has absolutely no input on the subject. If you have THAT big of a problem with it, ask to speak with someone who can actually give you an answer. 

I didn't say I had a problem or was mad. I said the questions made no sense and had no logic behind them.

It would be like if they asked me how my ankle was feeling if I was going in for headaches. Or asked me if I had a a knife or a gun in my home for a sprained elbow visit. 

The questions were non-sensical. I wasn't mad at the person and I didn't give them a bad attitude, I just found the questions hilarious and absurd for a visit 3 months out.

Nothing more, nothing less. 

Hope this helps.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 27, 2022 2:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

boggles 

I'm well aware of what I typed.  Figure it out.  It's not rocket surgery. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 4, 2022 6:51 PM

Covid related bc of Canada, but stop donating to people on these platforms. Also LOL about the left complaining about actual peaceful protests. And don’t forget, the current VP donated money to violent protestors to get them out of jail. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 11:45 AM

Uggh, whole family tested positive this morning. Fiancee has it the worst.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 11:53 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Hope all goes ok

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 11:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Get better quick. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 2:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

Hope all goes ok

And now the 3 year old grandkid, who my fiancee and her daughter (both positive) babysat last week, has it. 

My symptoms are pretty mild (scratchy throat, fatigue, runny nose, coughing) but it's just getting started. Took a few days for my fiancees to ramp up. Hopefully all of these vitamins I've been shoving down my throat for years keep it to a minimum.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 4:05 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And now the 3 year old grandkid, who my fiancee and her daughter (both positive) babysat last week, has it. 

My symptoms are pretty mild (scratchy throat, fatigue, runny nose, coughing) but it's just getting started. Took a few days for my fiancees to ramp up. Hopefully all of these vitamins I've been shoving down my throat for years keep it to a minimum.

Hopefully just tired for a few days and a sore throat and then start to mend back to normal.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 1:34 AM
posted by BR1986FB

My wife and I are at the tail end of a 2 week battle with this shit.  Both of us being vaccinated not at all what we were expecting when testing positive.  My wife brought the plague into our home so she was about 3 days ahead of me.  Started out with a raw feeling in the chest then dry cough.  Scratchy then sore throat.

Day 3-5 turrable.  My wife was ahead of me and was telling me she feels like she has swallowed broken glass and coughing fire.  Then my turn.  With my dry cough I felt like I huffed a bag of fiberglass insulation.  Like the blow in kind.  Bad coughing fits for the both of us. But I am shooting blanks.

My wife ended up developing pneumonia.  She was treated at home with antibiotics.  I have not been in the office for 2 weeks nor has my wife.  We still have coughing spells though far less frequent.  If you feel like it is settling into your lungs keep them exercised.  My wife and I blew into straws in a glass of water.  My wife ordered a lung exercising device off amazon that we dubbed the crack pipe.  Pretty much shaped like a crack pipe with a metal ball in a bowl on the end.  You take a deep breath and exhale into it getting the metal ball to vibrate.  It vibrates back into your lungs then a coughing fit.  Just like the real thing.  If you want to add a little more humor to a shitty situation take your other hand and act like you are flicking a lighter.

Not to scare you my wife is the activities director at an elder care facility.  When someone tests positive the residents are quarantined in their rooms.  When this happens my wife helps out the nurses and aids with their duties and getting food delivered to individual rooms.  That is how she got it.  None of the people she likely got it from had anything other than the initial mild symptoms.  Hopefully this is as bad as it gets for you.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 8:15 AM

And just think that if our government didn’t play politics with therapeutics,  you could have gotten some in the first few days and likely been done with this in 48 hours.  

I wonder if the vaccine is making it worse?

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 9:37 AM
posted by Fletch

I wonder if the vaccine is making it worse?

Two part answer: 1) No, and 2) you're a moron.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 9:51 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7131326/

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-safety/antibody-dependent-enhancement-and-vaccines

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00789-5

Since I doubt you know how to read or understand clinical research:

These “vaccines” only replicate one part of the virus,  the damn spike protein that allows for binding to the ACE2 cell receptor,  it is causing an abnormally high response to allowing the virus into the cell.  

They literally aren’t vaccines at this point.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login