Covid-19 discussion, continued...

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 12:14 AM
posted by sportchampps

You posted that he said OHSAA was considering moving back fall sports. I think everyone would agree it was probably at least considered. 

But did it happen? NOPE

Also fuck off, let me bash CC 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:55 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Also fuck off, let me bash CC

"I'm not an idiot....stop invading my safe space"
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 7:42 AM
posted by sportchampps

You posted that he said OHSAA was considering moving back fall sports. I think everyone would agree it was probably at least considered. 

More then considered, DeWine said it yesterday that districts had a choice of playing or moving it.  He even said that if something like football even started they could stop it at any time and move it.

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 8:00 AM
posted by gut
"I'm not an idiot....stop invading my safe space"

??

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 9:45 AM

Fall sports were being considered at being moved, that's why Snodgrass is no longer with OHSAA.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:11 PM

Notre Dame had a 17% positivity rate!!!  And saw a survey that said 32% of colleges are completely virtual.

How did any of these clowns think college kids weren't going to party?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:44 PM
posted by gut

Notre Dame had a 17% positivity rate!!!  And saw a survey that said 32% of colleges are completely virtual.

How did any of these clowns think college kids weren't going to party?

A virus spreads around a college campus like it's in a petri dish.  Meanwhile this particular virus is inimally dangerous to that age group (18-24).  Driving back an forth from their hometowns as schools close is significantly riskier than having a case of COVID turn serious or deadly for them.  Of course they were going to get it and spread it around.  How the hell would that not have happened?  Instead of acting like jackasses and shutting things back down for something that was inevitable, stick to your guns - "If you don't want to be here because you are high risk, don't be here.  Go online until its safe.  If you are faculty & staff, same goes for you.  If you want to be here and judge yourself to be a healthy individual, guess what?  There's a reasonable chance you'll get COVID.  If on the off chance you experience symptoms, you can utilize campus health services.  Other than than, we're not going to talk about it anymore.  Now get your ass to class."

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 5:56 PM

I’m so sick of hearing the “it’s not dangerous to college kids but they bring it home to their grandparents who it is dangerous for.” Then quit fucking visiting your grandparents. If you’re in school where this is bouncing around, maybe don’t hang out with the high risk crowd outside of school?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 5:57 PM

UNC suspending athletic activities until at least Thursday evening due to the uptick in cases. Not sure what that will help. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 19, 2020 6:07 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

UNC suspending athletic activities until at least Thursday evening due to the uptick in cases. Not sure what that will help. 

Seems like most of the football teams could make this work, at least the ones with the big budgets.  But as many people have pointed out, the problem would come from the general student body where the non-athletes don't have to worry about sitting out a few games, or passing it to their teammates.

So you could have had the few hundred fall athletes on campus, playing their schedules, while everyone else was online (since it looks like it's heading that way, anyway).  That would have made the campus, for the athletes, like the NBA's Disney World bubble.

And I agree about the letting kids make this choice.  Goes without saying if you've engaged in high-risk behavior, you need a 14-day quarantine before being around anyone vulnerable.  Many campuses more or less operate as an isolated/quarantine zone, anyway.  So who cares if cases spike there?  I understand it's different for schools with larger commuter populations, or colleges in the bigger cities.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:44 AM

I feel bad for people who sent kids to college for them to get corona and return. 

I drove thru OSU campus last weekend barley any masks or social distancing and a ton of parties. As much as people wanna jump on Trump supporters for not wearing masks the real problem is younger kids who feel invincible. At this point let them stay on campus, people their age rarely have problems and going home now brings it to people who are more likely to be hurt by it not to mention the community spread.

BTW I don’t blame them if I still lived off campus at OU I would still be partying knowing if they shut down classes I could stay at my place and not affect my family while having like a 99.999999% or being ok.

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 10:34 AM

Seems like people on this board are having a little Corona fatigue.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 10:56 AM
posted by sportchampps

I feel bad for people who sent kids to college for them to get corona and return. 

I drove thru OSU campus last weekend barley any masks or social distancing and a ton of parties. As much as people wanna jump on Trump supporters for not wearing masks the real problem is younger kids who feel invincible. At this point let them stay on campus, people their age rarely have problems and going home now brings it to people who are more likely to be hurt by it not to mention the community spread.

BTW I don’t blame them if I still lived off campus at OU I would still be partying knowing if they shut down classes I could stay at my place and not affect my family while having like a 99.999999% or being ok.

'Cats rule

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Is this true that "cases" include contract tracing numbers?  Or is this just with nursing homes?  

Not that "cases" mean anything, why we don't look at the serious infections only is beyond me, guess gotta keep the fear going

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 6:03 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Is this true that "cases" include contract tracing numbers?  Or is this just with nursing homes?  

Not that "cases" mean anything, why we don't look at the serious infections only is beyond me, guess gotta keep the fear going

No, it is not true. Only PCR tests are counted in the daily case counts. Even antigen tests are only counted as probable, and even then only sometimes. 

"Antigen tests are only included in the probable case count if they meet another criteria in addition to being positive, such as having symptoms or evidence the person was exposed to someone else with COVID-19, the ODH said in a statement. Antigen tests are not reported in ODH’s daily testing number by the state. PCR tests are included in the daily confirmed case counts if they are positive, ODH said."

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2020/08/are-false-positives-from-antigen-tests-ratcheting-up-ohio-coronavirus-case-numbers-doctors-correct-testing-myths.html

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 7:50 AM

Seems like the virus news has fallen to almost zero......nothing about ICU/hospital crowding.  Nothing about vaccines or theraputics.

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:24 AM
posted by Spock

Seems like the virus news has fallen to almost zero......nothing about ICU/hospital crowding.  Nothing about vaccines or theraputics.

What are you t

Trimmer36 Junior Member
25 posts 5 reps Joined Nov 2010
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:19 AM
posted by Spock

You forgot about the "pillow guy" and Oleandrin.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:42 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

The testing numbers are massively flawed and basically useless as we have come to find out.  I know a guy who had covid and was tested multipile times during that time period; he had five positive tests, and he was counted as five cases.  One guy - five cases; how totally absurd.

All that matters is how many people died in the last seven months that truly died from covid.  If we take the 160,000 deaths among a population of 330 million we get a rate of 0.0004, or less than 1/2 of one-tenth of one percent.  And that assumes that all 160k actually died of covid, which we also now know is false, so you can cut the 160k in about half - 80k, which translates to 0.0002. 

You can draw your own conclusions about what is really going on in response to the virus, but it is pretty obvious what has occurred and continues.
Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:31 AM
posted by QuakerOats

The testing numbers are massively flawed and basically useless as we have come to find out.  I know a guy who had covid and was tested multipile times during that time period; he had five positive tests, and he was counted as five cases.  One guy - five cases; how totally absurd.

All that matters is how many people died in the last seven months that truly died from covid.  If we take the 160,000 deaths among a population of 330 million we get a rate of 0.0004, or less than 1/2 of one-tenth of one percent.  And that assumes that all 160k actually died of covid, which we also now know is false, so you can cut the 160k in about half - 80k, which translates to 0.0002. 

You can draw your own conclusions about what is really going on in response to the virus, but it is pretty obvious what has occurred and continues.

How could you possibly know he was counted as 5 cases? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login