Belly's daily question? 04-06-2020

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 9:23 AM

After the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided (it will never be over) would you be willing to pay more for products Made in the USA, Built in the USA, Manufactured In the USA?

Note: Iphone and Smartphone and other digital products are manufactured in China, Taiwan, and Asia predominantly.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 9:41 AM

iPhones already cost too much.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 9:58 AM

I say we tell China to fuck itself.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by Belly35

After the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided (it will never be over) would you be willing to pay more for products Made in the USA, Built in the USA, Manufactured In the USA?

Note: Iphone and Smartphone and other digital products are manufactured in China, Taiwan, and Asia predominantly.

After this I will go out of my way to look at labels (on things I can) to make sure I DON'T buy anything from China. Again, fuck them.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 10:35 AM

yes

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 12:11 PM

No, won’t think about it

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 12:14 PM

Do we have a grand plan to magically start producing the items we buy from China? 

We're too reliant, that won't change anytime soon. I always try to buy US made, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 1:28 PM

I can't remember the last time I looked to see where something is made and probably haven't even noticed unless I'm ordering a shirt online and see that the price is in pounds instead of dollars. If I want something, I buy it and that's usually all the thought I need to put into it.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 1:47 PM

It depends on if we pull our manufacturing back from China.  Right now it is impossible to buy some things not made in China - literally impossible.  

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 1:57 PM

Yes. 

Also Homage shirts made outside the US suck and the ones made in the US are great. I like to online shop and they don’t tell you online where they are made so I’ve pretty much stopped shopping with them.

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 2:30 PM

I owned a company where we bought nothing but from China and had our products designed, programmed, tested and built-in China (shame on me). However, I hated every minute of it, several times I looked into other alternatives. Those alternatives were too costly to transfer the production to another country and or America. 

I will and I know my wife will for sure not want to buy anything from China for a long time... She will not let me call in a take-out order from our favorite Chinese restaurant yet. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 2:52 PM
posted by Belly35

I owned a company where we bought nothing but from China and had our products designed, programmed, tested and built-in China (shame on me). However, I hated every minute of it, several times I looked into other alternatives. Those alternatives were too costly to transfer the production to another country and or America. 

I will and I know my wife will for sure not want to buy anything from China for a long time... She will not let me call in a take-out order from our favorite Chinese restaurant yet. 

Hurting an American business owner because of racism...very cool.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 3:01 PM

China can go fuck themselves and I hope they rot (mainly the CCP), but as Auto said bringing our supply chain back won't happen over night (if ever).  It will also take more than one country to tell them to fuck themselves. 

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 3:34 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Hurting an American business owner because of racism...very cool.

Pulling the race card is not cool .... it has nothing to do with race but with the simple fact of ordering food as a takeout.... note: we have not even ordered pizza or corn beef she is just scared of who touching our food ... the fear of the unknown.   I could careless the restaurant business is still the same, just take out now and the cooks are still doing the cooking.  I have an order of ribs now... but the wife is concerned for my health and safety.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 3:53 PM
posted by Belly35

Pulling the race card is not cool .... it has nothing to do with race but with the simple fact of ordering food as a takeout.... note: we have not even ordered pizza or corn beef she is just scared of who touching our food ... the fear of the unknown.   I could careless the restaurant business is still the same, just take out now and the cooks are still doing the cooking.  I have an order of ribs now... but the wife is concerned for my health and safety.

Most food you order will be cooked at such a high temperature you will be good. The bigger challenge is the packaging it’s put jnto

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 4:05 PM
posted by Belly35

You didn't mention pizza or corned beef or any other takeout food in your post. You said you won't buy anything from China and you won't order from a Chinese restaurant. Perhaps you should have been a little more clear with your reasoning. 

Tue, Apr 7, 2020 4:10 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

You didn't mention pizza or corned beef or any other takeout food in your post. You said you won't buy anything from China and you won't order from a Chinese restaurant. Perhaps you should have been a little more clear with your reasoning. 

Thank you for ending racism. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 7, 2020 4:52 AM
posted by sportchampps

Yes. 

Also Homage shirts made outside the US suck and the ones made in the US are great. I like to online shop and they don’t tell you online where they are made so I’ve pretty much stopped shopping with them.

That and it takes nine years to get the shirt after you order it. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
Tue, Apr 7, 2020 8:06 AM
posted by like_that

Thank you for ending racism. 

You're welcome. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Apr 7, 2020 8:29 AM
posted by Belly35

Tue, Apr 7, 2020 8:39 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Thank you as well for ending racism. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login