Progressives, part 3...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 4:10 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Even if you take those limits away the dominate military has rarely if ever been able to finish the job. Any study of military history and counterinsurgency will show you that. 

It would be a better look if you just admitted you don't want Hamas to get its neck broke.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 4:18 PM

Trust me, I am not saying Israel is perfect, never does wrong to the Palestinians, etc. 

But ANYONE that tries to equate Israel to Hamas and the PA morally quite frankly needs to stay off the Vox/MSNBC echo chamber and stop pretending to be a “moderate”.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, May 18, 2021 4:23 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.wkbn.com/news/penn-state-to-drop-freshman-other-male-specific-terms/

Hilarious

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 4:41 PM

I'd be really interested to see if anyone has bothered to do a study on career success/advancement among the super woke butterflies.

I can't imagine people who put that much energy into being offended have the focus and dedication to succeed in the workplace.  Not to mention all that drama and hysteria doesn't play nice with leadership and rational decisions.

You would think someone who is offended by being called a "freshman" is going to quickly establish themselves in the workplace as someone to be avoided at all costs.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 5:40 PM

Lol imagine if you got a resume with pronouns on it. Or on their LinkedIn/ social media. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 6:29 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol imagine if you got a resume with pronouns on it. Or on their LinkedIn/ social media. 

A few days ago, someone had passed away and a post literally started out with something like "blessed to know Jim - he, him, his - ...."

Like I keep saying, nothing surprises me any more.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 7:40 PM
posted by majorspark

It would be a better look if you just admitted you don't want Hamas to get its neck broke.

They wouldn't. That is what you fail to understand. Any study of modern warfare will show you more force does not translate to victory. 

Tue, May 18, 2021 7:41 PM
posted by jmog

Trust me, I am not saying Israel is perfect, never does wrong to the Palestinians, etc. 

But ANYONE that tries to equate Israel to Hamas and the PA morally quite frankly needs to stay off the Vox/MSNBC echo chamber and stop pretending to be a “moderate”.

You yourself are downplaying the Israel part. Again, there is blood on everyone's hands. 

I am not defending any of the PA or Hamas. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 19, 2021 10:35 AM
posted by gut

I'd be really interested to see if anyone has bothered to do a study on career success/advancement among the super woke butterflies.

I can't imagine people who put that much energy into being offended have the focus and dedication to succeed in the workplace.  Not to mention all that drama and hysteria doesn't play nice with leadership and rational decisions.

You would think someone who is offended by being called a "freshman" is going to quickly establish themselves in the workplace as someone to be avoided at all costs.

Exactly

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 19, 2021 10:37 AM

BLM now siding with their terrorist counterparts, Hamas.  

Have a great day.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 8:14 AM

You yourself are downplaying the Israel part. Again, there is blood on everyone's hands. 

I am not defending any of the PA or Hamas. 

No, but you are saying Israel is “just as bad” which is asinine equating Israel to terrorists.

Thu, May 20, 2021 10:29 AM
posted by jmog

No, but you are saying Israel is “just as bad” which is asinine equating Israel to terrorists.

I doubt the Palestinian civilians being killed by Israeli weapons (which we have largely paid for) agree with your assessment who the terrorists are.  

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:25 AM
posted by jmog

Your response shows the exact problem as you see the conflict in Israel=good and Palestine=Hamas=bad. 

You also lump all Palestinian together, when in reality there are Israeli Arabs, Gaza Palestinians, and West Bank Palestinians that all have different points of view. Folks in the West Bank largely dislike Hamas and think the rockets are doing more harm than good, yet have zero power to do anything about it. 

Same goes for Israel as there are numerous factions that have different points of view, and the fact the government is in dissray right now so has a vested interest to try and look tough. 

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:27 AM

I have never understood the difference between the Q and + in the LGBTQ+.  Apparently the new thing is this non-binary title.  Again, I'm not sure how is different than queer, genderqueer, gender fluid, etc.  But anyway, singer Demi Lovato is now non-binary and wishes to be addressed with the pronoun they/them.  I don't know how the multiple personality community will feel about their pronouns being appropriated, but they'll (pun intended) have to work that out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/entertainment/demi-lovato-nonbinary-intl-scli/index.html

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I doubt the Palestinian civilians being killed by Israeli weapons (which we have largely paid for) agree with your assessment who the terrorists are.  

Terrorist or Freedom Fighter?

Liberator or Invader?

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:30 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I have never understood the difference between the Q and + in the LGBTQ+.  Apparently the new thing is this non-binary title.  Again, I'm not sure how is different than queer, genderqueer, gender fluid, etc.  But anyway, singer Demi Lovato is now non-binary and wishes to be addressed with the pronoun they/them.  I don't know how the multiple personality community will feel about their pronouns being appropriated, but they'll (pun intended) have to work that out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/entertainment/demi-lovato-nonbinary-intl-scli/index.html

Good for them. I honestly do not care. I think people should be called whatever the hell they want to be called. Who am I to judge? 

I take the treat them as I want to be treated approach. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 11:34 AM

Your response shows the exact problem as you see the conflict in Israel=good and Palestine=Hamas=bad. 

He doesn't equate them, he says one is less bad than the other. And he is correct.

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:36 AM

Good for them. I honestly do not care. I think people should be called whatever the hell they want to be called. Who am I to judge? 

I take the treat them as I want to be treated approach. 

I don't care either except I think it is very difficult to keep track of all these new categories that continually come online.  

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:36 AM
posted by gut

I have sat in on some interviews and work with some younger folks. They are fine, and actually pretty damn smart and tech savvy. I've also seen some of the pronoun stuff on Linked-In. Does not seem to harm anyone. 

I was on a conference webinar where the speakers each had them on their profiles, and they were VPs of engineering firms. 

I think you are being a little too broad and sound old man like saying this generation is doomed to fail kind of thing. As the saying goes, the kids are alright. 

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:41 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

He doesn't equate them, he says one is less bad than the other. And he is correct.

Nope. Israel is just as guilty of not finding a solution as the Palestinians. That is my point. They are just as guilty on the violence being used, the lack of rights for Arab Israelis, and the expanding settlements as the Palestinians are about their tactics and violence. 

Stop thinking of Israel as this great shining democracy on a hill. It is not. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login