Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 16, 2021 10:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Whatever topic brought up seems to send you two on a Wikipedia rampage - citing obscure facts as though they're  ready knowledge.  Assume we can all Google. 

So who controlled the “Holy Land” just prior to the formation of Israel as a nation is now “obscure information”?

Maybe our education system has truly failed. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, May 17, 2021 9:17 AM

Since we're being primed daily now with the atrocities being committed against Israel, the time is right for a story to all of a sudden hit the front pages about Iran showing a video of a missile attack against the US capital. Kind of seems like we're being conditioned to start thinking of another middle east war to secure our freedom. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 9:28 AM

Just an idea, but perhaps we should consider staying the fuck out of no-win scenarios.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, May 17, 2021 9:32 AM

Since we're being primed daily now with the atrocities being committed against Israel, the time is right for a story to all of a sudden hit the front pages about Iran showing a video of a missile attack against the US capital. Kind of seems like we're being conditioned to start thinking of another middle east war to secure our freedom. 

Does this shock anyone? Once Biden hit office I predicted another 911 type attack. Should be expected when you let the foxes in the hen house.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 9:35 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Just an idea, but perhaps we should consider staying the fuck out of no-win scenarios.

The only strong opinion I have on the situation is that we shouldn't be involved.

Mon, May 17, 2021 9:55 AM
posted by justincredible

The only strong opinion I have on the situation is that we shouldn't be involved.

But Let Freedom Reign, right?

Mon, May 17, 2021 10:00 AM
posted by jmog

Maybe our education system has truly failed. 

I don't know, it seemed to fluff you up. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 10:06 AM
posted by jmog

The West Bank and Gaza were won in wars where Israel was the one attacked.

That tends to happen in wars. You attack me, and lose badly, I take some of your land.

Don’t make it sound like Israel attack the Arab countries around them to gain more land.  That would be easily proven wrong by historical facts.

Except the Oslo Accords changed that. Israel has been chipping away at the land it agreed to give to the PA at Oslo ever since then. Again, if you think it is a one sided affair, you are being bias. 

Mon, May 17, 2021 10:08 AM

That means cutting all aid to Israel....you good with that? 

Mon, May 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Whatever topic brought up seems to send you two on a Wikipedia rampage - citing obscure facts as though they're  ready knowledge.  Assume we can all Google. 

Well, the history and tint is favored to one side on here...

Israel=good

Palestine=bad and terrorists

Mon, May 17, 2021 10:22 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yes

Mon, May 17, 2021 11:07 AM

100% yes.

Mon, May 17, 2021 11:13 AM

Israel=good

I'd say to both sides, good luck with your problems - we've got problems of our own. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 11:15 AM

Yes

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, May 17, 2021 11:21 AM

I'd say to both sides, good luck with your problems - we've got problems of our own. 

Kind of the way I feel about flooding the country with illegals.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 11:48 AM

Israel=good

I don't think its as black and white as that, Israel has done some of their own terrible things.

But to even believe both sides are "equal" in their attacks/atrocities is rather biased. 

Eventually you get tired of defending yourself, 9 out of 10 times its the Palestinians attacking the Israelis. The Israelis have never said, to my knowledge, that Muslims should not exist at all, yet the Palestinians have said that about Jews and Israel dozens of times.

To act like the two sides are morally equal is just as biased as believing Israel can do no wrong.

Mon, May 17, 2021 12:48 PM

These people have lost their fucking minds.

Mon, May 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Yes

Ok, good to know and I am in the camp we should revamp/ reduce our aid as well. 

Mon, May 17, 2021 1:02 PM
posted by jmog

I don't think its as black and white as that, Israel has done some of their own terrible things.

But to even believe both sides are "equal" in their attacks/atrocities is rather biased. 

Eventually you get tired of defending yourself, 9 out of 10 times its the Palestinians attacking the Israelis. The Israelis have never said, to my knowledge, that Muslims should not exist at all, yet the Palestinians have said that about Jews and Israel dozens of times.

To act like the two sides are morally equal is just as biased as believing Israel can do no wrong.

Israel has and continues to. I think you need to look into the current settlement and "real estate" issue in the country.  Ultra Orthodox Jews are not so much saying Muslims shouldn't exist, so much as saying, they shouldn't exist on the land of Judah. They are for pushing out all Palestinians from the West Bank. That point of view, unthinkable 20 even 10 years ago, is growing in the country. 

I think they are morally equal, as I think both have a right to live in the area, and both are guilty at continuing the cycle of violence. 

Mon, May 17, 2021 1:03 PM
posted by justincredible

These people have lost their fucking minds.

I read that story over lunch. Holy shit people are dumb. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login