Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 15, 2021 2:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Pick any point in history and I'm sure there's always a guy saying "Just wait, in 10 years it'll be too late.". Our present time isn't unique. 

I’d say this one was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention, and I was barely out of college and saw it. Now we’re taking about fucking pronouns and drag show brunch hours. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 15, 2021 3:32 PM

Pick any point in history and I'm sure there's always a guy saying "Just wait, in 10 years it'll be too late.". Our present time isn't unique. 

Pick any point in history and I'm sure there's always a guy saying "Peace for our time."  Our present time isn't unique.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, May 15, 2021 3:57 PM
posted by majorspark

Pick any point in history and I'm sure there's always a guy saying "Peace for our time."  Our present time isn't unique.

I wouldn't equate our present hysterical news cycle regarding trans and triggered college admins to Hitler. Just my opinion. 

majorspark Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 4:36 PM

I wouldn't equate our present hysterical news cycle regarding trans and triggered college admins to Hitler. Just my opinion. 

The point is you are just offering up a platitude instead of addressing the post on its merits.  Along the lines of my point I would not equate our present hysterical news cycle regarding trans and triggered college admins to someone forecasting 10yrs to a point of no return.  Just my opinion of course.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 15, 2021 4:50 PM
posted by majorspark

The point is you are just offering up a platitude instead of addressing the post on its merits.  Along the lines of my point I would not equate our present hysterical news cycle regarding trans and triggered college admins to someone forecasting 10yrs to a point of no return.  Just my opinion of course.

I think Boogie is being a little dismissive of what is actually going on.  The radical left wing is operating right out of the Hitler playbook.  And big tech is either onboard or afraid of them.  Meanwhile the media plays "whatabouttism" with red herrings.

Enabling never ends well.  And the left is just as afraid, probably more so, over potentially losing an election to fix the party.

Sat, May 15, 2021 4:51 PM
posted by majorspark

Fair point

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 15, 2021 6:29 PM

You being outraged about repeated showings of one side of a centuries-long conflict between people that hate each other, feeling sorry for a group that gets attacked by an impoverished group who's homes are destroyed to make way for "settlers" and feeling offended by a group of meaningless political blowhards complaining about it while at the same time your government prepares another "aid" gift to a country the the US largely financially supports and who has been - by far - the largest recipient of our taxpayer funds of any entity outside of our borders for the last 70 years.  Rinse, repeat.

The fact that you are even remotely defending a terrorist organization is rather telling.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, May 15, 2021 6:29 PM

Riiiight.

Sat, May 15, 2021 6:31 PM
posted by jmog

The fact that you are even remotely defending a terrorist organization is rather telling.

Telling of what?

jmog Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 6:38 PM

Telling of what?

I will let my words speak for themselves. 

Defending hamas, hezbollah, or the likes kind of makes the rest of your posts on the matter rather moot.

Sat, May 15, 2021 6:50 PM
posted by jmog

I will let my words speak for themselves. 

Defending hamas, hezbollah, or the likes kind of makes the rest of your posts on the matter rather moot.

I don't defend those groups. I also don't see Israel as a victim. 

jmog Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 7:14 PM

I don't defend those groups. I also don't see Israel as a victim. 

Your post did though. It was painting them as the victims in Gaza. You can say you don’t defend those groups yet your post actually made them out to be the victims.

Sat, May 15, 2021 7:58 PM
posted by jmog

Your post did though. It was painting them as the victims in Gaza. You can say you don’t defend those groups yet your post actually made them out to be the victims.

I see Palestinian citizens as victims.   The whole thing is terrible. But I'm tired of being told by my government to be outraged whenever something bad happens on Israeli land.   Go back 80 years, layout the future of Israel and the honest question is "Well, what do you think is going to happen if you do this?"

gut Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 8:37 PM

I see Palestinian citizens as victims.  

You see them as victims of the PLO?
majorspark Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 9:31 PM

Go back 80 years, layout the future of Israel and the honest question is "Well, what do you think is going to happen if you do this?"

It goes back more than 80 yrs.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, May 15, 2021 10:06 PM

I see Palestinian citizens as victims.   The whole thing is terrible. But I'm tired of being told by my government to be outraged whenever something bad happens on Israeli land.   Go back 80 years, layout the future of Israel and the honest question is "Well, what do you think is going to happen if you do this?"

The Palestinian people keep voting in terrorists as their government. 

Israel removed all settlements from Gaza like 10 years ago.

Two direct facts that dispute your claims.

Sun, May 16, 2021 8:05 AM
posted by majorspark

It goes back more than 80 yrs.

Yes it does. I was just referring to the founding of the state of Israel. 

Sun, May 16, 2021 8:10 AM
posted by jmog

The Palestinian people keep voting in terrorists as their government. 

Israel removed all settlements from Gaza like 10 years ago.

Two direct facts that dispute your claims.

There's a country that was created there on occupied land. The U S funds it and it's extensive military. When the people who are affected by that strike in terror attacks because they don't believe they have alternatives, I'm not going to feel outraged about it. 

gut Senior Member
Sun, May 16, 2021 1:56 PM

There's a country that was created there on occupied land. The U S funds it and it's extensive military. When the people who are affected by that strike in terror attacks because they don't believe they have alternatives, I'm not going to feel outraged about it.

So you would not condemn American Indians launching regular terrorist attacks across the US?

And isn't it more correct to say Israel is a re-claimed country, and the "occupiers" were, in fact, interlopers?

majorspark Senior Member
Sun, May 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Yes it does. I was just referring to the founding of the state of Israel. 

I know it's what one side refers to as the Nakba.  It's the point in time that one side chooses to define the "occupiers".  You look at the most disputed piece of property on the land.  One side has a couple of its most sacred structures sitting on top of the foundation of the ruins of the other side's most sacred structure.  Quite clear who was there before the other.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login