Progressives, part 3...

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 1:03 PM
posted by justincredible

These people have lost their fucking minds.

That article both surprises me and does not surprise me at the same time.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 1:05 PM

Personally, holding out 3 fingers is much easier pinky to middle. Pulling down my pinky with my thumb is not comfortable at all. mUsT bE wHiTe SuPrEmaCy!

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 1:08 PM
posted by justincredible

Personally, holding out 3 fingers is much easier pinky to middle. Pulling down my pinky with my thumb is not comfortable at all. mUsT bE wHiTe SuPrEmaCy!

I always think of this scene....

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 1:56 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Israel has and continues to. I think you need to look into the current settlement and "real estate" issue in the country.  Ultra Orthodox Jews are not so much saying Muslims shouldn't exist, so much as saying, they shouldn't exist on the land of Judah. They are for pushing out all Palestinians from the West Bank. That point of view, unthinkable 20 even 10 years ago, is growing in the country. 

I think they are morally equal, as I think both have a right to live in the area, and both are guilty at continuing the cycle of violence. 

You believe that the actions of Israel and the actions of the PA and Hamas (PA and Hamas are so intertwined its hard to distinguish anymore), the two/three "state" organizations, are equal morally over say the last 10 years or so?

Come on ptown, tell me you are not serious about that.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, May 17, 2021 2:05 PM
posted by jmog

Isn't "You're smarter than that" your usual patronizing remark?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 3:06 PM
posted by justincredible

These people have lost their fucking minds.

They are seriously ill.  They go nuts over an innocent hand gesture while looking away from cities being destroyed by enemies of the free republic.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, May 17, 2021 3:14 PM

trump israel palesting peace 240 days ago

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:18 PM
posted by jmog

You believe that the actions of Israel and the actions of the PA and Hamas (PA and Hamas are so intertwined its hard to distinguish anymore), the two/three "state" organizations, are equal morally over say the last 10 years or so?

To quote Paul Newman from Road to Perdition, "There are only murders in this room." Both the Israelis and the Palestinians have done nothing to actually solve the problem or take steps to any resolution. While Israel's tactics over the last 10 years are not as guerilla as Hamas, their actions are still not great and a greater use of force to inflict more deaths. Add to that the growing settlement growth over the last 10 years. Yes, Hamas and the PA are horrible and the rockets and violence is also bad. But, they are equally as horrible. One is not less bad than the other. 

That is why a lot of posters are right on here that it is best to stay out of it. The U.S leadership to try and solve it is pointless. 

Only the two sides can solve it, and neither one wants to actually do that.  That would lead to some hard questions about what it means to be Israeli and Palestinian that neither side wants to answer. 

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Any Palestinians in there? 

The Accords were good, but have zero to do with the situation now. 

Dirty little secret. The Arab world does not give a shit about the Palestinians. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 3:53 PM

That is why a lot of posters are right on here that it is best to stay out of it. The U.S leadership to try and solve it is pointless. 

Only the two sides can solve it, and neither one wants to actually do that.  That would lead to some hard questions about what it means to be Israeli and Palestinian that neither side wants to answer. 

I agree if outside forces were to stay out of it and let Israel finish the job with Hamas, perhaps more moderate minds could prevail.

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 4:41 PM

Dirty little secret. The Arab world does not give a shit about the Palestinians. 

Fact!

I do have some empathy towards Abdullah. That poor bastard is saddled with about 3 million of them.

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, May 17, 2021 4:58 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Marginalize the Palestinians and this is what you get.  These nations could not wait to wash their hands of them.
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, May 17, 2021 5:02 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Yes, Jared Kushner's promised end to the Middle East crisis.  Shocking that it didn't last.  Glad we got involved in moving our embassy to Jerusalem as well.  That's been awesome.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 17, 2021 10:20 PM

To quote Paul Newman from Road to Perdition, "There are only murders in this room." Both the Israelis and the Palestinians have done nothing to actually solve the problem or take steps to any resolution. While Israel's tactics over the last 10 years are not as guerilla as Hamas, their actions are still not great and a greater use of force to inflict more deaths. Add to that the growing settlement growth over the last 10 years. Yes, Hamas and the PA are horrible and the rockets and violence is also bad. But, they are equally as horrible. One is not less bad than the other. 

You are equating Jews moving into Palestinian areas with rockets...

Come on man...the Jews maybe wrong but the two things aren’t on the same level.

That’s like you saying something mean to someone’s wife, they shoot you dead, and people saying “well, he was equally wrong for saying something rude so I will stay out of it...”

Tue, May 18, 2021 9:28 AM
posted by majorspark

I agree if outside forces were to stay out of it and let Israel finish the job with Hamas, perhaps more moderate minds could prevail.

Yes, because in the last 50+ years there is a successful track record of a superior military just dominating and finishing the job on a guerilla and militia style group....

Tue, May 18, 2021 9:39 AM
posted by jmog

You are equating Jews moving into Palestinian areas with rockets...

Come on man...the Jews maybe wrong but the two things aren’t on the same level.

That’s like you saying something mean to someone’s wife, they shoot you dead, and people saying “well, he was equally wrong for saying something rude so I will stay out of it...”

Not at all actually. You are missing my point. My point is there is blood on everyone's hands here. No one is in the right.  You are missing a lot of what Israel is doing or has done to Palestinians that live in Israel. You are also glossing over the amount of people killed by Israeli attacks as well. 

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, May 18, 2021 9:52 AM

Yes, because in the last 50+ years there is a successful track record of a superior military just dominating and finishing the job on a guerilla and militia style group....

When crippling limits are placed on the use of a superior military, dominating and finishing the job is an impossibility. 

Tue, May 18, 2021 9:59 AM
posted by majorspark

When crippling limits are placed on the use of a superior military, dominating and finishing the job is an impossibility. 

Even if you take those limits away the dominate military has rarely if ever been able to finish the job. Any study of military history and counterinsurgency will show you that. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 18, 2021 11:54 AM

Even if you take those limits away the dominate military has rarely if ever been able to finish the job. Any study of military history and counterinsurgency will show you that.

Half-assed measures don't work.

But go back more than 50 years and history is FILLED with examples of people being conquered.

QuakerOats Senior Member

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login