Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 5:35 PM

When BLM (and the squad) and Palestinians supporters are beating Jews in public, it’s pretty easy to see which side to be on. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 5:56 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Nope. Israel is just as guilty of not finding a solution as the Palestinians.

Simply not true.
jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 6:22 PM

No. Hamas is not leading the government. Not in the West Bank. 

Hamas also does not have any jurisdiction over Israeli Arabs, that do not have full rights in Israel. 

Quit giving talking points like it is 2006. The dynamics have shifted. 

Hamas has the most seats in the Palestinian Legislative branch. 

Fatah, the second highest number of seats and control of the executive, was considered a terrorist organization forever as well but has since lost that designation by most/all governments.

And you can keep saying Hamas isn’t in the West Bank but that doesn’t make it true.

For one any google link will prove you wrong but Wikipedia is the quickest/easiest.

Second, last I checked, the most recent attack came from Gaza, so you keep saying “well Hamas isn’t in the West Bank” is just trying to gaslight the situation and deflect.

You once again equate Israeli Arabs not having full rights with rockets from Gaza.

You can’t make this stuff up...

Israel is not great, but morally they are on higher ground than Hamas, Fatah, the PLO, et al and that isn’t even really debatable.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, May 20, 2021 6:23 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It's a matter of perspective. Perhaps if you were a Palestinian, you'd see these entities as your only line of defense. You don't have a huge advanced military provided by the US. 

Ok, so the Germans in WW2 were “right” then because the Nazis were their only line of defense?

See how stupid that statement was? It equals yours.

jmog Senior Member
Thu, May 20, 2021 6:26 PM

I don't defend or equate the two. I'm sick of us funding one side of a multi-centuries conflict and paying for our support heavily in many other ways besides money. Neither side wants the other there, so they will always continue to fight. I want no part of it and am tired of our country putting itself in the middle of it. As such, I'm not going to be "outraged" Everytime the Israelis get attacked anymore than I'm going to support the destruction brought on by the Israelis with their US supplied weapons. 

I am all for pulling all support for all countries out there myself  I am all for smaller government, smaller federal budgets, even smaller military (large enough to defend the USA, but not the rest of the world).

But you aren’t reading your own posts if you don’t believe you are equating Hamas/PLO with Israel morally.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 6:42 PM

Sounding very get off my lawn right there....

Believing that changing the English language to coddle and enable 0.03% of the population, many of whom probably have a mental illness, is not only stupid but potentially really stupid?  

Hardly "get off my lawn" type stuff.  Get out of DC and re-discover what normal, rational logic looks like.

Or how about a more libertarian interpretation: Pretending to address an issue by changing or banning words isn't only pointless, it's likely to end-up worse than doing absolutely nothing.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 20, 2021 7:02 PM
posted by jmog

And you can keep saying Hamas isn’t in the West Bank but that doesn’t make it true.

Likely the reason Abbas "postponed" elections.  Blamed it on Israel knowing Fatah was at high risk of losing to Hamas.  Also a likely reash Hamas started this shit with Israel.  To show they have more power than Fatah.  Abbas is a very corrupt individual who unlike the average Palestinian has used the situation to enrich himself.
jmog Senior Member
Thu, May 20, 2021 7:07 PM
posted by majorspark
Likely the reason Abbas "postponed" elections.  Blamed it on Israel knowing Fatah was at high risk of losing to Hamas.  Also a likely reash Hamas started this shit with Israel.  To show they have more power than Fatah.  Abbas is a very corrupt individual who unlike the average Palestinian has used the situation to enrich himself.

Factual information mixed with most likely scenarios.

Here comes ptown to tell you that you are wrong with nothing to back it up.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, May 20, 2021 9:09 PM

Ptown seems like a total troll that can’t possibly believe what he writes

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 20, 2021 10:31 PM
posted by jmog

Ok, so the Germans in WW2 were “right” then because the Nazis were their only line of defense?

I'm not saying anyone is right. I'm saying from their own perspective, that's how they may see it. 

Thu, May 20, 2021 10:35 PM
posted by jmog

I am all for pulling all support for all countries out there myself  I am all for smaller government, smaller federal budgets, even smaller military (large enough to defend the USA, but not the rest of the world).

But you aren’t reading your own posts if you don’t believe you are equating Hamas/PLO with Israel morally.

I know what I said. I'm not equating anyone and I don't care to be involved with any of them. If you want to look at it as good vs evil, have at it. I hold the opinion that none of it will ever be sorted out, and I don't like my taxes supporting a war that goes on into perpetuity and in which we have no business. 

Thu, May 20, 2021 10:38 PM
posted by jmog

I didn't say they were right, I said that if you were Palestinian , you may see it that way. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, May 21, 2021 3:23 AM

I didn't say they were right, I said that if you were Palestinian , you may see it that way. 

Searched long and hard....Couldn't find a PLO version of "My Way or the Highway". 

Sinatra is pissed.

gut Senior Member
Sat, May 22, 2021 3:51 PM

https://gizmodo.com/in-nod-to-dystopian-fiction-citizen-wants-to-send-priv-1846943077

Every once in a while, the leftwing writers on Gizmodo make a few good points.  Doesn't mean there aren't plenty of LULZ, especially in the comments.

This is a direct and expected result of riots and defund the police. They are all very alarmed, as if they somehow have no concept of private security for hire.  It's an interesting thing how they all immediately jump to "this will be used to target poor minority neighborhoods".  Sure, because when I'm down in the barrio buying my drugs I'm calling my security team when my dealer can't make exact change.

An angle everyone seems to miss - which is easy when you are laser focused on class and culture warfare - is this could be a real trial/pilot program security without limited immunity, held accountable the same way any other person is.  Only problem, which should be obvious to most, is you make public safety a luxury item only the wealthy can afford.

Mon, May 24, 2021 2:48 PM
posted by gut

Searched long and hard....Couldn't find a PLO version of "My Way or the Highway". 

Sinatra is pissed.

I don't get it.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, May 24, 2021 11:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

When BLM (and the squad) and Palestinians supporters are beating Jews in public, it’s pretty easy to see which side to be on. 

A couple of years back Trump and the white nationalist were fomenting anti-semitism.  In my lifetime I have seen media bias but Trump got them to just shit the bed.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, May 25, 2021 11:32 AM

FYI, please stop the violence against the Jews because...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/opinion/israel-palestine-zionism.html

Tue, May 25, 2021 12:01 PM
posted by like_that

FYI, please stop the violence against the Jews because...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/opinion/israel-palestine-zionism.html

I would guess that most all of these violent encounters are perpetrated by members of the Religion of Peace.  Those types are so far gone they are incapable of differentiating between an Israeli politician and a Jewish-American eating dinner with his family.  However, lack of basic intelligence by the Religion of Peacers doesn't justify our country dumping billions of dollars into a centuries-old conflict that does nothing for us except keeping us at the center of a bunch of fighting religious zealots.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 25, 2021 1:50 PM
gut Senior Member
Tue, May 25, 2021 6:11 PM

Here we go again with WaPo breaking a huge story based on "two anonymous sources" that a grand jury has been convened to charge Trump.

This is like Christmas for the tanking CNN ratings that they'll get to speculate and make wild claims, incontestable and unverifiable, for at least the next 6 months.  Really feels like ground hog day, again.

It won't surprise me if the Trump and his organization aren't charged, legitimately, for a variety of financial/tax crimes.  Real estate conglomerates engage in a lot of shady stuff.  But it will be curious to see just how politically motivated other aspects are.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login