Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 4:25 PM

And then we have the annual blackouts in the radically liberal state of California.  One party rule for decades has created the most screwed up energy situation imaginable.  It is like a third world country.  Their answer:  rationing energy.  baaahhaaaa

And this is exactly what the Marxists want to bring to the entire nation.  What a bunch of fools.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:55 PM
posted by QuakerOats

And then we have the annual blackouts in the radically liberal state of California.  One party rule for decades has created the most screwed up energy situation imaginable.  It is like a third world country.  Their answer:  rationing energy.  baaahhaaaa

And this is exactly what the Marxists want to bring to the entire nation.  What a bunch of fools.

Would you rather live in Mississippi or Alabama? Lol republican states are also trash and last in every cate

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 12:52 AM
posted by geeblock

Would you rather live in Mississippi or Alabama? Lol republican states are also trash and last in every cate

The Problem is one party rule. We need term limits and we need people who will vote for the best candidate not the D or R next to their name.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 4:37 AM
posted by sportchampps

The Problem is one party rule. We need term limits and we need people who will vote for the best candidate not the D or R next to their name.

Or perhaps stop fooling yourself (generally speaking), that the Government is going to fix anything for you.  Biden will win and nothing will change for the disenfranchised people they are pretending to “fight” for, book it.

And before someone comes in with “wHat aBoUt TeH RePuBLiCAns?”  the same applies to them.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 8:13 AM
posted by geeblock

Hey, I live in Alabama. I'm quite happy here and it is a nice place. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 11:35 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

There are literally 50k+ gatherings in china right now because they shut down their economy for a few months and got rid of the virus. Wuhan hasn’t had a positive Covid test in 3 months. 

PERHAPS, a couple shut down months is better than 6 (and counting) semi-shut down months...but don’t tell our federal and state governments that.

Tells you how bad Chinas COMMUNIST economy is compared to ours.

THE US CANT SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 11:41 AM
posted by like_that

Or perhaps stop fooling yourself (generally speaking), that the Government is going to fix anything for you.  Biden will win and nothing will change for the disenfranchised people they are pretending to “fight” for, book it.

And before someone comes in with “wHat aBoUt TeH RePuBLiCAns?”  the same applies to them.

It's almost like the system is designed to be broken to keep both sides fighting amongst each other in perpetuity.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 22, 2020 12:41 PM
posted by like_that

100% the current system is broken.

It’s more who will screw my life up the least. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 27, 2020 10:30 PM

I’m old enough to remember when a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask was the worst thing ever.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:24 AM
posted by geeblock

I live in Ohio, a diverse but republican state (outside of the largest cities).  All state officeholders are republican.  Their overall leadership over the last decade has been solid - from a taxation standpoint, business friendly standpoint, and definitely from an energy standpoint.  Embracing fracking and other technologies to tap the massive God-gifted resources underlying our lands has been exponentially positive for our economy and all energy users in the eastern half of the country.  We are not controlled by ultra-radical environmental whack jobs, and the result is safe, inexpensive energy to power our homes, factories and transportation.  If you want to pick just one sector where the differences between repubs and dems is massive, pick energy; it is night and day; affordable vs unaffordable; reliable vs unreliable; science vs hysteria.

Good luck.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 29, 2020 10:07 AM

Am I the only one who has noted that over 30 people have been killed during these riots but the 17yr old shooter gains the most outrage?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 29, 2020 10:32 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Am I the only one who has noted that over 30 people have been killed during these riots but the 17yr old shooter gains the most outrage?

I'd say more attention before outrage because that kind of ignores all the people acting like a 17-year-old crossing state lines with a gun he's not legally old enough to use who shot and killed protestors is some sort of hero because he supposedly is a big fan of cops who was there to "help". An attitude that likely ties into the added outrage this guy has received.

Sat, Aug 29, 2020 12:00 PM

I'm seeing reports now that he didn't travel to Kenosha just to stand guard with a gun.

He was already there working as a lifeguard. Earlier that morning he was also scrubbing off graffiti 

Not saying that makes a difference of outcomes.

People are still dead. We will have to see where the process takes it from here.

But from my limited knowledge about law I would say the defense would have some solid footing to work with and manage at this point in time.

But I learned my lesson with the Covington kids to just wait and see because info never  comes out fast enough. Better to just take some kinds of info at a time.

Mon, Aug 31, 2020 9:09 AM

I'm aging myself with this but, and hear me out...

I finished all of my education before Critical Theory actually became so prevalent in educational systems. I'm leaning into the idea that this is a major factor in the differing worldviews between Gen X and Millennials and GenZ.

@BRF, if you are keeping up in this thread, I'd like to get your thoughts on this.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 11:44 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm seeing reports now that he didn't travel to Kenosha just to stand guard with a gun.

He was already there working as a lifeguard. Earlier that morning he was also scrubbing off graffiti 

People are still dead. We will have to see where the process takes it from here.

But from my limited knowledge about law I would say the defense would have some solid footing to work with and manage at this point in time.

But I learned my lesson with the Covington kids to just wait and see because info never  comes out fast enough. Better to just take some kinds of info at a time.

This seems to refute all of that. He was furloughed in March. Was living in Illinois. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/27/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-protests/

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 12:12 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

White kid travels across state lines with a weapon and kills someone: he was gainfully employed and that very morning he was scrubbing graffiti off buildings!

Black man gets shot 7 times by the police for resisting arrest: here’s his unemployment record, criminal record, and anything else we can find that paints him in a bad light  

Did I about sum up the narrative? 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 12:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

White kid travels across state lines with a weapon and kills someone: he was gainfully employed and that very morning he was scrubbing graffiti off buildings!

Black man gets shot 7 times by the police for resisting arrest: here’s his unemployment record, criminal record, and anything else we can find that paints him in a bad light  

Did I about sum up the narrative? 

You forgot the part where media members have called the kid a white supremacist, dug up false information about his past (it was another person), and post a video of him sucker punching a girl (actually bad).  Other than that you are spot on.  It's definitely only black people who have their problematic past brought up. 
kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 12:49 PM

Yeah I definitely don't think is strictly black or white. People are fixated on being the first to dox everyone. Any times there's a school shooting or something serious happens, you can guarantee someones info gets released who's not it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a retraction either. That persons life it just made miserable for a few months and they're part of the collateral damage. 

Mon, Aug 31, 2020 12:56 PM

Kizer: The WaPo article was written two days before my post. I'm sure a lot of things are new/different/found by now, inbetween what they reported and what I said. Also, did you look at the link I gave to the NYTimes investigative findings? I think it shows a much more comprehensive timelines than what the WaPo is describing.

Goofy Ass Attention Whore : I never offered my own narrative about the guy that got shot in the back, seven times, by a group of police who couldn't seem to even stop him from getting to his car door. You're confusing me with somebody else. But I never had high expectations from you, anyway. So there's that.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 6:45 PM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login