Progressives, part 3...

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 12:56 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I think you know exactly "what". The important message here is Rutgers cares. It still doesn't change the fact that their football team sucks. 

Cares about what?

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 1:01 PM
posted by like_that

Between shit like this and universities charging students full price tuition for online classes,  I wonder if we will see a big drop in enrollment numbers.

Almost every kid I know is staying home and attending the local community college 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Cares about what?

Cares about whatever the current societal whim is.  Right now, that whim is that systematic racism pervades everything.  So Rutgers' English department wants to surf that wave by showing the world how in tune they are to that, and how they're on the side of good - i.e. "we're not racists here!"

The obvious question is if teaching proper English is clearly racist, why was it acceptable until today?  No one seems to be able to answer questions like this. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 1:13 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The obvious question is if teaching proper English is clearly racist, why was it acceptable until today?  No one seems to be able to answer questions like this. 

It almost seems like you're setting kids up to fail if you don't teach them proper grammar.  Which, IMO, is racist.
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 27, 2020 2:53 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol what?

Somebody, please stop the insanity

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Over the years, I've noticed how moderate center-left people have leaned into progressivism. I've witnessed it with a handful of people in my area, definitely on social media and even on this site (social media, technically as well).

I've been thinking why that is, what happened. Is it the constant inundation? Don't want to be left out of a peer group? Just want to be contrarian? Do they truly find marxism alluring?

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 3:45 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Over the years, I've noticed how moderate center-left people have leaned into progressivism. I've witnessed it with a handful of people in my area, definitely on social media and even on this site (social media, technically as well).

I've been thinking why that is, what happened. Is it the constant inundation? Don't want to be left out of a peer group? Just want to be contrarian? Do they truly find marxism alluring?

Coddled generation that is expecting to just be handed everything and the real world hits them in the face hard.

No coping skills for the real world

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:04 PM

Good ad; truth hurts

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Good ad; truth hurts

Fun fact: they matter even less to the GOP

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 3:10 PM
posted by geeblock

Fun fact: they matter even less to the GOP

False.  In addition, black employment under Trump at a record high; he actually gives a damn about everyone having a job.

geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 3:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

False.  In addition, black employment under Trump at a record high; he actually gives a damn about everyone having a job.

It was already trending that way nice try tho. That is just a byproduct of when economy was good, has nothing to do with blacks people. Also I notice when you lob this stat out for the 100 th time u never mention wages of American workers. Are they rising?  These jobs you speak of are often 10$ an hour. Is trump helping or hurting blacks to gain access to good schools? Or does he just want them to work this 10$ and live in the hood where they belong?  I think bubba Wallace would disagree with you also. NBA/nfl players thugs! Yea please go sit down somewhere 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 3:43 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Ehhh any economic data pre-COVID is largely irrelevant now. 

That is like claiming credit for the market success before the 2008 recession. 

The economy post-COVID will not be like it was before.  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 3:48 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Good ad; truth hurts

I'll give her credit, it is a good ad. 

She will still likely lose by double digits. 

If she does win...I think she will be the only African American woman in the Republican House and Senate. I think that is part of the problem for the Republican party. 

The party also has the problem that the people they are sending to Congress that are winning primaries are also fucking nuts....like the Georgia and Florida ones that won the last few days. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 4:12 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I'll give her credit, it is a good ad. 

She will still likely lose by double digits. 

If she does win...I think she will be the only African American woman in the Republican House and Senate. I think that is part of the problem for the Republican party. 

The party also has the problem that the people they are sending to Congress that are winning primaries are also fucking nuts....like the Georgia and Florida ones that won the last few days. 

Given AOC, Omar, Tlaib, Pelosi, etc, I really don't think the dems should talk much about crazy republicans going to the HoR/Senate.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 4:35 PM

Yeah that nutjob who won the FL (I think it was Florida?) primary yesterday Is a whack job. There’s no way she’ll win as her county votes left every election, but why does the GOP think they’re going to get anywhere by having extreme, extreme right wingers in elections? 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 4:50 PM
posted by geeblock

It was already trending that way nice try tho. That is just a byproduct of when economy was good, has nothing to do with blacks people. Also I notice when you lob this stat out for the 100 th time u never mention wages of American workers. Are they rising?  These jobs you speak of are often 10$ an hour. Is trump helping or hurting blacks to gain access to good schools? Or does he just want them to work this 10$ and live in the hood where they belong?  I think bubba Wallace would disagree with you also. NBA/nfl players thugs! Yea please go sit down somewhere 

Take your blinders off.  Trump was setting ALL TIME records for jobs for minorities, had lowered the public assistance handouts by millions (most of them minorities). 

You can say all the "trend" talk you want.  I dont think it was.  

Trump passed massive legislation that made this happen.  It wasnt trending anywhere after 8 failed years of a community organizer

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The economy post-COVID will not be like it was before.  

You sure about that?  Under Biden and the dems it surely wont.  The dems will kill the energy sector, source back out all the manufacturing jobs that Obama said werent coming back (but did under Trump) and regulate the hell out of small businesses that will kill local jobs for peple.

geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 5:16 PM
posted by Spock

Take your blinders off.  Trump was setting ALL TIME records for jobs for minorities, had lowered the public assistance handouts by millions (most of them minorities). 

You can say all the "trend" talk you want.  I dont think it was.  

Trump passed massive legislation that made this happen.  It wasnt trending anywhere after 8 failed years of a community organizer

There are actual graphs that have been posted here before that show the trend. There actually hasn’t been massive legislation passed. Most of the people getting handouts are white(I know that blacks have a higher percentage). You are truly a qanut. Just so I know how nuts you are this ALL TIME  record beat the previous record by how much? I also notice you don’t mention wages or actual jobs that people of any race can actually support a family on 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 5:45 PM
posted by geeblock

Wages were rising nicely as well, especially with the huge rebound in MFG (that obama doomed and wrote off).  It was all pretty good ......no wonder China let loose.
geeblock Member
Thu, Aug 20, 2020 5:54 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Wages were rising nicely as well, especially with the huge rebound in MFG (that obama doomed and wrote off).  It was all pretty good ......no wonder China let loose.

Weird you never mention that or post a link also u ignored the rest of my post. Strange. Why don’t u just go to parler 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login