Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 7:19 PM
posted by jmog

Has a press conference... no questions allowed. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 7:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

Has a press conference... no questions allowed. 

What I just saw in that video is clearly a man with demetia.  My grandmother had that and so does he.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 8:12 PM
posted by jmog

Seriously?

Way to just play that clip. The rest of the speech was perfectly fine. Yet, you think on here Biden is just sheltered and cannot do anything. 

Trump misspoke just as well recently, yet you do not see people claiming he is losing it.

Mon, Aug 31, 2020 8:12 PM
posted by Spock

What I just saw in that video is clearly a man with demetia.  My grandmother had that and so does he.

Clearly says the school teacher and not a doctor....

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 31, 2020 8:35 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Seriously?

Way to just play that clip. The rest of the speech was perfectly fine. Yet, you think on here Biden is just sheltered and cannot do anything. 

Trump misspoke just as well recently, yet you do not see people claiming he is losing it.

I could have posted the part where he stumbled over calling Trump a liar for saying Biden was going to end fracking.

Yet just a few months ago in the Democratic debates Biden said unequivocally that he would end all fracking and end all fossil fuels.

Would that have been better?

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 7:28 AM
posted by jmog

I could have posted the part where he stumbled over calling Trump a liar for saying Biden was going to end fracking.

Yet just a few months ago in the Democratic debates Biden said unequivocally that he would end all fracking and end all fossil fuels.

Would that have been better?

See that is a little better. An actual policy debate, not just some bullshit conspiracy that Biden has lost it and is mentally unfit. 

The fracking issue is pretty simple. Biden would allow existing permits for fracking, just not grant new ones.  He just needs to keep stating it, which he should over the next few weeks. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2020/09/01/Biden-s-confusing-stand-on-fracking/stories/202008260066

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/joe-biden-pa-fracking-fact-check-20200901.html

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 8:20 AM

See that is a little better. An actual policy debate, not just some bullshit conspiracy that Biden has lost it and is mentally unfit. 

The fracking issue is pretty simple. Biden would allow existing permits for fracking, just not grant new ones.  He just needs to keep stating it, which he should over the next few weeks. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/editorials/2020/09/01/Biden-s-confusing-stand-on-fracking/stories/202008260066

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/joe-biden-pa-fracking-fact-check-20200901.html

1. That’s not what he said before and that’s not what he even meant as he clarified it multiple times. He was ending fracking, not just stopping new fracking. He also said he was ending fossil fuels. You can’t deny this one ptown.

2. If you have watched him talk non-scripted over the last few months it is a legitimate concern, not a conspiracy theory.

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 8:27 AM
posted by jmog

1. That’s not what he said before and that’s not what he even meant as he clarified it multiple times. He was ending fracking, not just stopping new fracking. He also said he was ending fossil fuels. You can’t deny this one ptown.

2. If you have watched him talk non-scripted over the last few months it is a legitimate concern, not a conspiracy theory.

1. No. He said he misspoke at the debate (which happens at debates...Trump has a number of things he has said incorrectly during the 2016 debates) Every other time he has mentioned it he said he would ban new fracking and let existing ones continue. It is not hard to follow. 

2. It is not a legit concern. If it is, then the same applies to Trump, who also has the same off the cuff stupid remarks. It seems like Biden is held to some double standard than Trump. Is that because people just assume oh it is Trump being Trump, and Biden is really old and senile? If you take what they say and do on a daily basis, it is nearly the same. Both are old guys that have trouble speaking. Posters on here are just letting their own bias and personal thoughts to state Biden has mental issues without any medical evidence and let Trump slide as he is just being Trump and the media covers it so no need to bring it up. 

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 8:44 AM

I also don't believe all the shit regarding Trump and mini-strokes that is going around the liberal twitter. To me it is in the same camp as the Biden dementia shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/politics/trump-walter-reed-visit-pence/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2020-09-01T01%3A00%3A10&utm_source=twCNN

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 1:11 PM

I think some of it is 

1.) After allllllllllllllll the orange man bad

2.) After allllllllllllllll the Russiagate nonsense (even the far left saw through it)

3.) After allllllllllllllll the impeachment nonsense

4.) After allllllllllllllll the "Trump is a xenophone for shutting down borders for covid!"

5.) After allllllllllllllll the "Trump didn't do enough to try to stop covid!"

6.) After allllllllllllllll the "Trump is a tyrant!" and "Trump needs to be more authoritive!" (usually from the opposite ends of one mouth)

I for one am bored with it. I'll say whatever I want, about whoever I want. Biden just might be the next president and he can take his knocks, just like Trump did.

You're going to be ok, Ptown.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 1:33 PM

2. It is not a legit concern. If it is, then the same applies to Trump, who also has the same off the cuff stupid remarks.

....says the guy who still cannot differentiate between saying stupid stuff and fumbling over written words and numbers due to early onset.

SMH
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 2:11 PM

Speaking of Trump strokes, I saw this and thought it was pretty damn funny:

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 2:49 PM

1. No. He said he misspoke at the debate (which happens at debates...Trump has a number of things he has said incorrectly during the 2016 debates) Every other time he has mentioned it he said he would ban new fracking and let existing ones continue. It is not hard to follow. 

2. It is not a legit concern. If it is, then the same applies to Trump, who also has the same off the cuff stupid remarks. It seems like Biden is held to some double standard than Trump. Is that because people just assume oh it is Trump being Trump, and Biden is really old and senile? If you take what they say and do on a daily basis, it is nearly the same. Both are old guys that have trouble speaking. Posters on here are just letting their own bias and personal thoughts to state Biden has mental issues without any medical evidence and let Trump slide as he is just being Trump and the media covers it so no need to bring it up. 

1. It wasn’t just the Democratic debates, he said multiple times on the primary campaign trail that he was ending fracking and fossil fuels. This is not hard to find, this is not really debatable. And, if you want to say be “misspoke” then by God if he misspoke that many times about the exact same thing in the exact same way you must also believe there is ocean front property in Arizona. Just admit he is changing his tune to shift to the middle for the general election and he was pandering to the Bernie/AOC fans/morons during the primaries.

2. There is a vast difference in saying stupid shit and/or gaffes and completely losing your train of thought and turning it into blank stares. You know this, but probably won’t admit it. Biden ALWAYS gaffed in the past, his inability to read a teleprompter and not blank stare into the distance is not the same.

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 3:01 PM
posted by jmog

1. It wasn’t just the Democratic debates, he said multiple times on the primary campaign trail that he was ending fracking and fossil fuels. This is not hard to find, this is not really debatable. And, if you want to say be “misspoke” then by God if he misspoke that many times about the exact same thing in the exact same way you must also believe there is ocean front property in Arizona. Just admit he is changing his tune to shift to the middle for the general election and he was pandering to the Bernie/AOC fans/morons during the primaries.

2. There is a vast difference in saying stupid shit and/or gaffes and completely losing your train of thought and turning it into blank stares. You know this, but probably won’t admit it. Biden ALWAYS gaffed in the past, his inability to read a teleprompter and not blank stare into the distance is not the same.

1. No. I'm sorry if you cannot follow the train of logic that he has had throughout. Yes, in a primary he said he would ban fracking. It got lumped together with the Bernie and Warren crowd. However, he stressed numerous times over the last few months he would not ban existing fracking. I don't understand how you find this hard.  The two articles I posted from PA mentioned this and also stated that Biden does need to continue to explain the position to make sure he holds to it.  I guess you do not agree with those articles. This kind of also explains it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/04/joe-biden-not-banning-fracking-defense-explained/

2. Ok Dr. jmog. I'll take your expert medical opinion from watching just video of him in selected clips. Hey, can I send you a video and can you give me your profeessional opinion to see if I am mentally fit? 

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 3:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

....says the guy who still cannot differentiate between saying stupid stuff and fumbling over written words and numbers due to early onset.

SMH

Here is the funny thing. I'm not sure which candidate you are talking about: Trump or Biden? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 3:08 PM

1. No. I'm sorry if you cannot follow the train of logic that he has had throughout. Yes, in a primary he said he would ban fracking. It got lumped together with the Bernie and Warren crowd. However, he stressed numerous times over the last few months he would not ban existing fracking. I don't understand how you find this hard.  The two articles I posted from PA mentioned this and also stated that Biden does need to continue to explain the position to make sure he holds to it.  I guess you do not agree with those articles. This kind of also explains it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/04/joe-biden-not-banning-fracking-defense-explained/

2. Ok Dr. jmog. I'll take your expert medical opinion from watching just video of him in selected clips. Hey, can I send you a video and can you give me your profeessional opinion to see if I am mentally fit? 

You obviously do not understand fracking.  LOL.  You cannot ban "existing fracking" - there is no such thing.  You have either already fracked a well, or you haven't.  It is one, or the other. 

He has said he would ban fracking --- that is like falling on your knees in front of the environmentalist whack jobs and handing them your soul.  The reality of fracking though is it is among the safest industries we have - been doing it for over 60 years with nary an incident in nearly 2 million wells, and it has unleashed centuries worth of nat gas that have caused prices to plummet to unheard of levels, thus providing The People with incredibly affordable heating bills and making industries competitive again.

Only complete morons would ban fracking, or non-morons who sell out to environmental jackasses (aka Marxists)

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 3:14 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You obviously do not understand fracking.  LOL.  You cannot ban "existing fracking" - there is no such thing.  You have either already fracked a well, or you haven't.  It is one, or the other. 

He has said he would ban fracking --- that is like falling on your knees in front of the environmentalist whack jobs and handing them your soul.  The reality of fracking though is it is among the safest industries we have - been doing it for over 60 years with nary an incident in nearly 2 million wells, and it has unleashed centuries worth of nat gas that have caused prices to plummet to unheard of levels, thus providing The People with incredibly affordable heating bills and making industries competitive again.

Only complete morons would ban fracking, or non-morons who sell out to environmental jackasses (aka Marxists)

Now that...is all fair. Obviously, you know more about the industry than I. As I read it it was all related to approval of permits. Basically, the feds would not approve any more permits that were not already in process. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 3:39 PM

DC Mayor Bowser’s advisory board is recommending the following to be removed. Yes, that’s the Washington monument at 8.

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 5:04 PM

I'm trying to figure out why the dems are letting the smallest portion of their voting block dictate to them.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 1, 2020 7:08 PM

With respect to #1 you are just plain wrong. This isn’t opinion, be campaigned on it during the primaries. Here is video proof of him saying it MULTIPLE times.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login