Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Mar 15, 2020 2:55 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

If there was ever a time to turn that shit off, if only for a few days...

agreed, but the left wont.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Mar 15, 2020 3:33 PM
posted by Spock

Herein lies the problem.  Both sides do it, but if you are so unflappably loyal to one side, you only see the shady politics of the other.  In the middle where the vast majority of people are, both sides engage in this stuff over and over.  The missed opportunity for either side is to rise above it.  A national emergency such as this gives the president a huge chance to do this.  If he would just trust people can figure out the political crap for themselves and focus on what's being done.  If the other side wants to act trivial, people can then see it for what it is.  But Trump is not taking advantage to do this.  We all get that he doesn't like Obama.  But Obama's gone.  Lead through this emergency, let the buck stop with you, quit saying shit that isn't true, etc and those in the middle will rally behind their leader when they're support is needed most.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 6:35 AM
posted by Spock

Thanks for showing why I so hate politics, everyone claims the other side is scum, and that's where they set their own bar.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 8:04 AM

I was impressed with Trump last night while watching the Dem debate........at least Trump wont stand on live TV and flat lie 10 times to the American people

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 8:40 AM
posted by Spock

I was impressed with Trump last night while watching the Dem debate........at least Trump wont stand on live TV and flat lie 10 times to the American people

Where's the laugh and eye roll emoji when I need it?

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:10 AM
posted by jmog

Where's the laugh and eye roll emoji when I need it?

If there had been a camera on me when I read Spock's post, I would have gladly submitted it as this.  I legitimately just chuckled a "What the hell?" as I read that.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:00 PM

Those "it's the left who won't stop" and "Trump won't lie to the people" are either signs that CCSpock is either an elite-level troll who has gotten us all going for years, making him decide to give up the ghost and go so over-the-top we'd have to know he's trolling...or that he's the poster child for stupid, uninformed people.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Those "it's the left who won't stop" and "Trump won't lie to the people" are either signs that CCSpock is either an elite-level troll who has gotten us all going for years, making him decide to give up the ghost and go so over-the-top we'd have to know he's trolling...or that he's the poster child for stupid, uninformed people.

I think he's just the type who wears a MAGA hat to provoke people.  Most Trump supporters would prefer to avoid an interaction with the TDS afflicted.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:43 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Going on about H1N1 - how the testing was late and thousands died. 

I think he did a good job yesterday. I really liked seeing all the leaders up there together. That instills confidence. I just wish he'd project a little less pettiness. 

agree

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:44 PM

I wish congress had some sense of duty ……loading up a bill that is to confront the effects of the virus with abortion funding is downright disgusting.  Can they do no better?

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 2:18 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I wish congress had some sense of duty ……loading up a bill that is to confront the effects of the virus with abortion funding is downright disgusting.  Can they do no better?

The answer is no and never.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:24 AM

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...

www.foxnews.com › politics › doj-drops-once-heralded-prosecution-of-...

15 hours ago - DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian troll farm ... moved Monday to drop charges against two Russian companies that ...

The libtards and Mueller take another beatdown.  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:26 AM
posted by QuakerOats

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

LOL.  Have you learned nothing?  This is proof that Trump is a Putin puppet, and taking advantage of the coronavirus to slip this under the radar....

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 12:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian ...

www.foxnews.com › politics › doj-drops-once-heralded-prosecution-of-...

15 hours ago - DOJ abruptly drops once-heralded prosecution of Russian troll farm ... moved Monday to drop charges against two Russian companies that ...

The libtards and Mueller take another beatdown.  I doubt Rachel mentions it, even though it took her to tears when she first reported it two years ago.

I truly believe that the vast majority of her audience is right wing zealots that watch to feed their rage. No one else seems to have any knowledge of her. 

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Mar 17, 2020 4:17 PM

So did I hear that EVERY American is getting $1000?  

Also tax free till July?

Tue, Mar 17, 2020 4:20 PM

JFC, now there are conspiratorial right wingers blaming George Soros for this virus outbreak.  This bloc of conservatives is basically attempting to regress human progress - I don't know what else you call it.  They refuse to trust anyone in any position of authority (besides the president), see every action in the universe as some effort by American liberals to undermine Trump and spew the most ridiculous nonsense imaginable over every major story that occurs.

Just go hunker down at the Creation Museum and wait for Soros' and MSNBC's created virus to do its work.  Good God.  Imagine an Indian or Chinese learning that his parent died from Coronavirus so that Trump could be brought down.  Crazy as that sounds, that is the exact same logic.  

gut Senior Member
Tue, Mar 17, 2020 6:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

JFC, now there are conspiratorial right wingers blaming George Soros for this virus outbreak. 

Wow.   I mean, it's pretty obvious that it's a conspiracy to hide Joe Biden from the public...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 18, 2020 7:55 AM
posted by Spock

So did I hear that EVERY American is getting $1000?  

Also tax free till July?

That's the plan so far and suddenly fiscally conservative Tea Party Republicans are all about increasing the debt and deficit. 

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:07 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

That's the plan so far and suddenly fiscally conservative Tea Party Republicans are all about increasing the debt and deficit. 

Unlike the dems who gave ALL the money from TARP to big business and banks (who just sat on it).  Recession lasted way to long.  Trump is wanting to give the money right to the people.  Completely different outcome will likely occur.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 18, 2020 8:14 AM
posted by Spock

Unlike the dems who gave ALL the money from TARP to big business and banks (who just sat on it).  Recession lasted way to long.  Trump is wanting to give the money right to the people.  Completely different outcome will likely occur.

Maybe. I mean the 2001 and 2009 Stimulus kinda did the same thing, most people under a certain income amount got a "tax credit"/ check. Also, yesterday the administration is talking about bailing out the airline and hotel industry. That is a little more dicey as hasn't airlines been making record profits the last few years and no suddenly, they need a government handout? 

I just can't wait in a few years when Rs suddenly return to fiscal conservative type and cry about the debt and deficit when Trump has increased it tremendously. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login