Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 10:21 AM
posted by QuakerOats

“Chances” are you’ll understand, in about  “100 Years”. 

Good tune. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 10:56 AM

tunes

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 1:22 PM

US CRUDE OIL EXPORTS INCREASE 45 PERCENT IN 2019

Defeating OPEC    -  maga

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Mar 5, 2020 3:22 PM

Bravo !!!

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

As per recent Federal Court ruling, the Federal Government will be withholding funds from Sanctuary Cities. They should change their status and go non-Sanctuary. Do not protect criminals!

09:11 - 5 Mar 2020

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 9:45 AM

Damn the Dow is getting hammered today.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 10:18 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Damn the Dow is getting hammered today.

In general, it's not had the best month:

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 12:00 PM
posted by O-Trap

In general, it's not had the best month:

But QO says that every single day in the market is due to Trump, so this graph/information is OBVIOUSLY fake news from MSNBC/CNN.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 12:18 PM
posted by jmog

But QO says that every single day in the market is due to Trump, so this graph/information is OBVIOUSLY fake news from MSNBC/CNN.

The rule is when the market is up, it is due to Trump's stable genius.  When it is down, it is the deep state and media working against him.  It's a constant battle of good and evil.  But it is different than the battle that took place during Obama's presidency for example.  During that time, the deep state and media drove the market up to help Obama.  The market went down when the deep state and media forgot to do its job for a day and the market was left to fend off Obama's always deadly policies.  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 12:27 PM
posted by QuakerOats

US CRUDE OIL EXPORTS INCREASE 45 PERCENT IN 2019

Defeating OPEC    -  maga

This was just 4 days ago. LOL. 

Obviously, does not matter as OPEC fighting over prices still drives the markets. 

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 12:28 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The rule is when the market is up, it is due to Trump's stable genius.  When it is down, it is the deep state and media working against him.  It's a constant battle of good and evil.  But it is different than the battle that took place during Obama's presidency for example.  During that time, the deep state and media drove the market up to help Obama.  The market went down when the deep state and media forgot to do its job for a day and the market was left to fend off Obama's always deadly policies.  

Which goes to show how stupid it is to put the ups and downs of the stock market on the President....

Trump isn't to blame for the market correction right now, nor for the ups that occurred in 2017-2020. 

He is one of many factors...

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 1:36 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

This was just 4 days ago. LOL. 

Obviously, does not matter as OPEC fighting over prices still drives the markets. 

So you favor high oil and gas prices.  Gotcha.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 1:40 PM
posted by jmog

I have said on multiple occasions to do your due diligence.

The market was a bit frothy and corrections are healthy.  But add to that the media-driven panic over covid19 and you get a perfect little storm.  There is a lot of value coming into play now.  There has never been a correction or even bear market that was not followed by substantial gains.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 1:45 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Erm ... nobody said that.  Why did you take him saying that the market is driven by OPEC competing on price to mean that he wanted high gas prices?

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 1:46 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Huh? Never said anything close to that..

How about I was stating that your post was shit....OPEC still is a major player in the world economy....and it is great the U.S. is more energy independent. 

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 1:49 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I have said on multiple occasions to do your due diligence.

The market was a bit frothy and corrections are healthy.  But add to that the media-driven panic over covid19 and you get a perfect little storm.  There is a lot of value coming into play now.  There has never been a correction or even bear market that was not followed by substantial gains.

You never say any of that shit when the market is going up. It is simply: Here is the market today, take care. Change we can believe in. MAGA.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Multiple posts of advising DD, especially when the market was running. 

And, I have no problem with cheap oil, necessarily.  Saudi Arabia and Russia are fighting over oil supplies, mainly to China, in a temporary period of potentially slower demand due to the cvirus.  Leveraged domestic companies are going to get pinched and their loan collateral values will be diving which is going to be  a real challenge.

None of this permanent.  The virus will not wipe out humanity. The fundamentals of most companies will not change.  Markets will recover, whether it is V-shaped or U-shaped, who knows, but we will go back up over time.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 4:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The market was a bit frothy....

LOL, I hear the idiot talking heads mention that a lot, but WTF does that actually mean?

Corrections are healthy?  I would say they're natural and expected, but I'm not sure how losing money can be considered a good thing. You're just throwing crap out there trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 4:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The fundamentals of most companies will not change. 

The fundamentals of most companies are going to change.  Ignoring very real disruptions to the supply chain, reduced travel and events, along with people staying in more to avoid contact....all that ripples thru the economy and a recession will hurt almost every sector and company.

Aside from Christmas shopping, the winter is not usually a great time for most companies because people stay home/inside.  The coronavirus is effectively going to extend winter a few more months.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 4:33 PM
posted by gut

LOL, I hear the idiot talking heads mention that a lot, but WTF does that actually mean?

Corrections are healthy?  I would say they're natural and expected, but I'm not sure how losing money can be considered a good thing. You're just throwing crap out there trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Frothy? I guess that Rick Santorum got to the market, but I'm not 100%...

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 9, 2020 4:43 PM
posted by Heretic

Frothy? I guess that Rick Santorum got to the market, but I'm not 100%...

I was curious to see how Webster's defines it:

"full of froth".  LMFAO.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login