Impressed by the Trump administration part II

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 17, 2020 1:22 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Great stuff at the Daytona 500 yesterday.

Sure, it was great to see the Beast take a lap around. Although, it would have been cooler if it hit the actual track, not the apron. 

Also, the pre-race stuff was waaaay too long. NASCAR wonders why ratings are tanking. They could have had most of the race in yesterday, instead of having to do it today at 4pm, where no one will watch it now. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 17, 2020 1:31 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Sure, it was great to see the Beast take a lap around. Although, it would have been cooler if it hit the actual track, not the apron. 

Also, the pre-race stuff was waaaay too long. NASCAR wonders why ratings are tanking. They could have had most of the race in yesterday, instead of having to do it today at 4pm, where no one will watch it now. 

Agreed.Start the race at 1pm. Trying to have the prime-time finish under the lights is annoying. As much as I do think the Trump stuff was cool, I read an article saying they had to have a ton of secret service agents there. Sounds pretty expensive...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 17, 2020 3:27 PM

Hopefully he can join Nicklaus and Player as honorary starters at The Masters.  

LOL                 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 6:47 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump voters in a nutshell....

The ole basket of deplorables.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 7:33 AM

Trump voters in a nutshell....

Overwhelmingly good people in that picture, why the derision?

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 8:56 AM
posted by QuakerOats

“Nearly six in 10 Americans (59%) now say they are better off financially than they were a year ago, up from 50% last year.”

“About three in four U.S. adults (74%) predict they will be better off financially a year from now, the highest in Gallup’s trend since 1977.”

Another record high in the market today.

Take care.

I also find it funny that the Clown Show (Obama) is taking credit for the booming economy.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 10:02 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Overwhelmingly good people in that picture, why the derision?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 2:22 PM

Daytona, not Talladega.

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 3:09 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Daytona, not Talladega.

Right, completely different demographic. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 4:09 PM

We’re all deplorables.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 5:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

We’re all deplorables.

No, it was half of you. Hillary said half. 

Besides, every Trump supporter I personally know wears that as a badge of honor. It was Hillary's greatest contribution. 

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 5:39 PM

I see Trump's starting to throw the pardons out to grease the skids for his upcoming ones for his pals.  Cramming through a bunch of unmentioned pardons is as swampy as it gets.  Rod Blagojevich?  Corrupt Democratic governor of Illinois?  What's that all about?  Oh yeah, he's a Trump buddy from Celebrity Apprentice. Swampy as it gets. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 18, 2020 6:42 PM

Besides, every Trump supporter I personally know wears that as a badge of honor. It was Hillary's greatest contribution. 

Well, the whole email thing was a pretty big gift basket as well.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 19, 2020 10:55 PM

Rod Blagojevich?  Corrupt Democratic governor of Illinois?  What's that all about?  Oh yeah, he's a Trump buddy from Celebrity Apprentice. Swampy as it gets. 

Yeah, it's all pretty par for the course.  I thought maybe you were going to claim the pardon's of some minorities was nothing but token window dressing.  Although I stand by my contention that, as POTUS, Trump has been pretty bad at being a racist.

I'm not aware of all the specifics of Blagojevich's crimes, but 8 years is a pretty stiff sentence - which was commuted, not pardoned.  I'm sure other politicians of similar/worse crimes served far less.

Milken was completely unnecessary.  Bartolo even less so.

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 8:21 AM
posted by gut

Yeah, it's all pretty par for the course.  I thought maybe you were going to claim the pardon's of some minorities was nothing but token window dressing.  Although I stand by my contention that, as POTUS, Trump has been pretty bad at being a racist.

I'm not aware of all the specifics of Blagojevich's crimes, but 8 years is a pretty stiff sentence - which was commuted, not pardoned.  I'm sure other politicians of similar/worse crimes served far less.

Milken was completely unnecessary.  Bartolo even less so.

Pardoning your friends and cronies is such a politics-as-usual. For a guy who claims to have come to drain the swamp, it is ironic. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 8:37 AM

Pardoning your friends and cronies is such a politics-as-usual. For a guy who claims to have come to drain the swamp, it is ironic. 

Total pardons by President

Reagan-408 (8y)

GHW Bush-77 (4y)

Clinton-459 (8y)

GW Bush-200 (8y)

Obama-1715 (8y)

Trump-25 (3y)

You are upset about Trump's pardon's because the media is telling you to be. 

No one batted an eye when Obama was pardoning more people than the last 4 Presidents combined.

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:03 AM
posted by jmog

Reagan-408 (8y)

GHW Bush-77 (4y)

Clinton-459 (8y)

GW Bush-200 (8y)

Obama-1715 (8y)

Trump-25 (3y)

No one batted an eye when Obama was pardoning more people than the last 4 Presidents combined.

It all depends on who is being pardoned. Remember, a lot of Obama's were his push on criminal justice reform and commuting nonviolent drug offenses. Trump has campaigned on doing the same thing. His Super Bowl commercial was all about that right? Yet, most of his so far have been political, with the rare exception of those in the commercial. 

I see the Trump pardons the last few days as just the latest in the ways that Presidents use the pardon for political purposes. It is one of the most Washington things Trump has done so far. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:09 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It all depends on who is being pardoned. Remember, a lot of Obama's were his push on criminal justice reform and commuting nonviolent drug offenses. Trump has campaigned on doing the same thing. His Super Bowl commercial was all about that right? Yet, most of his so far have been political, with the rare exception of those in the commercial. 

I see the Trump pardons the last few days as just the latest in the ways that Presidents use the pardon for political purposes. It is one of the most Washington things Trump has done so far. 

Trump has actually already reformed criminal justice. Didn't his policy release/commute the sentence of like 3100 prisoners? I believe most of those were black as well.

So let's not act like he is advertising/campaigning on that and hasn't already done it.

Edit: I had Obama's number wrong, it was 1927. 

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:15 AM
posted by jmog

Reagan-408 (8y)

GHW Bush-77 (4y)

Clinton-459 (8y)

GW Bush-200 (8y)

Obama-1715 (8y)

Trump-25 (3y)

It's got nothing to do with past presidents. Nothing. For a guy who ran to clean out the old cronyism of DC, giving pardons like this shows a total lack of sincerity. Obama has nothing to do with it. 

By the way, I'm sitting in a hotel lounge where the TV is tuned to Fox News. There not telling me to be upset of Trump's pardons. They're telling me to be upset over Bloomberg's late entry into the race. 

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:23 AM
posted by jmog

Trump has actually already reformed criminal justice. Didn't his policy release/commute the sentence of like 3100 prisoners? I believe most of those were black as well.

So let's not act like he is advertising/campaigning on that and hasn't already done it.

Edit: I had Obama's number wrong, it was 1927. 

Fair. Obama counted those sentences in his numbers where as Trump's did not due to it being due to the change in law. 

Still, Trump is acting just like every other President in the high profile pardons. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login