Impressed by the Trump administration part II

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:27 AM

Also, the new DNI appointment is horrible. 

By law, from the 2004 law that created the DNI, the person is supposed to be someone from the IC and be Senate confirmed. Trump is just putting in a loyal guy temporary to get around the requirements. 

The DNI is pretty much supposed to be the aggregator in chief from the various intelligent agencies to make sure nothing slips through the cracks....leading to another 9/11. 

Having a nonprofessional heading it does not help cordinate all the different agencies....

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 3:17 PM

Wait, wait, wait on Rod Blagojevich. Trump said he didn't do the crime he was convicted of. I had no idea that Trump was able to get to the bottom of this warped justice like that. Trump said he didn't do it, so that should be good enough for us all. 

Making America Great Again ... one crony pardon at a time. 

Imagine QO et al if Obama had pardoned Blagojevich?  They'd go ballistic over the "rogue regime". 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 4:34 PM

To my knowledge, Rod did not actually receive anything for “selling the senate seat”.  But, if you are a Trump/Ukraine hoax believer, then obviously Rod should be locked be up for life.

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 5:07 PM
posted by QuakerOats

To my knowledge, Rod did not actually receive anything for “selling the senate seat”.  But, if you are a Trump/Ukraine hoax believer, then obviously Rod should be locked be up for life.

Talk about misdirection - Rod went to prison long before Trump/Ukraine was on the radar - totally irrelevant.  It is funny watching blind followers now explaining why Blagovich - a name they certainly hadn't thought about in 10 years - is now suddenly the victim of a miscarriage of justice.  And perfect in the Trump playbook - the president said he didn't do it, so now you guys are out there taking up the mantra. 

Seriously QO, how is this not a pure swamp move?  

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 8:33 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Fair. Obama counted those sentences in his numbers where as Trump's did not due to it being due to the change in law. 

Still, Trump is acting just like every other President in the high profile pardons. 

So what you're really saying is, Trump did it the right way while Obama circumvented the law?  

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:22 PM
posted by superman

So what you're really saying is, Trump did it the right way while Obama circumvented the law?  

Whataboutism. 

superman Senior Member
Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:23 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Whataboutism. 

You're a moron.

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 7:36 AM
posted by superman

Huh?

No, not at all. 

Presidents have the right to pardon whoever for good or bad. There is no circumvention. The law that Trump used did not pass Congress before Obama left. Remember, Obama wanted to get it passed, but it died in the Senate. 

I'm more thinking about Trump recently, as he is behaving just like every other recent President in liking Executive Power and having the ability to pardon who he sees fit. 

Trump is not some outsider now, he has fully embraced the powers of the Executive Office. 

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 8:26 AM
posted by superman

You're a moron.

Why do you have to go there?  I joke about whataboutism with a smile. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Feb 21, 2020 9:36 AM

Over the past 12 months, average hourly earnings for all U.S. employees on private non-farm payrolls increased from $27.58 to $28.44, or 3.1%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Manufacturing outpaced the overall private sector with average hourly earnings expanding by 3.3%. 2/17/2020

Have a good weekend.

superman Senior Member
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 8:22 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Huh?

No, not at all. 

Presidents have the right to pardon whoever for good or bad. There is no circumvention. The law that Trump used did not pass Congress before Obama left. Remember, Obama wanted to get it passed, but it died in the Senate. 

I'm more thinking about Trump recently, as he is behaving just like every other recent President in liking Executive Power and having the ability to pardon who he sees fit. 

Trump is not some outsider now, he has fully embraced the powers of the Executive Office. 

Trump had the leadership ability to get it passed Obama didn't.  I know you'll never admit it but it's true.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 11:11 AM
posted by superman

Trump had the leadership ability to get it passed Obama didn't.  I know you'll never admit it but it's true.  

I'm sure it's just Repubs weren't going to give that win to the Dems.  That only passed because some Dems in the House and Senate weren't willing to play politics with such an important piece of legislation, because clearly some of them would have faced a riot in their district if they had tried to oppose it.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Feb 23, 2020 8:17 AM
posted by gut

I'm sure it's just Repubs weren't going to give that win to the Dems.  That only passed because some Dems in the House and Senate weren't willing to play politics with such an important piece of legislation, because clearly some of them would have faced a riot in their district if they had tried to oppose it.

Is that some sort of excuse to make it seem less important because it was Trump that got it done?

superman Senior Member
Sun, Feb 23, 2020 9:28 AM
posted by gut

Maybe Obama should have tried reaching across the aisle and being a leader instead of "spiking the football."

gut Senior Member
Sun, Feb 23, 2020 10:19 AM
posted by Spock

Is that some sort of excuse to make it seem less important because it was Trump that got it done?

No, that's me not thinking Trump had anything to do with it other than signing his name.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Feb 24, 2020 11:56 AM

110,000 in the stadium in India for the Orange Man ------epic!

gut Senior Member
Mon, Feb 24, 2020 11:59 AM
posted by QuakerOats

110,000 in the stadium in India for the Orange Man ------epic!

Well, he's fat enough to be mistaken for a cow

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 25, 2020 5:20 PM

Bringing India along to counter China.  More winning.

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 7:02 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Bringing India along to counter China.  More winning.

That's been the U.S policy since W. Trump is just continuing the same. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login