11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 12:14 PM

LOL ………..generating some epic ‘triggering’

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 2:50 PM
posted by QuakerOats

LOL ………..generating some epic ‘triggering’

I like Trump's message, especially the Fentanyl stuff.  I appreciate him callling our any shipper that may be part of the supply chain of that stuff.  It is a national emergency what it is doing to our communities.  

What's funny about your post QO is how batshit crazy you'd go if Obama had every said he was "hereby ordering" US companies to do something.  You'd go all "God Save the Republic and The People" on it.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 3:03 PM

No doubt.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Aug 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Supreme Court pick # 3 coming up …………Ginsburg treated for malignant tumor on pancreas.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 27, 2019 3:22 PM

Construction continues on $800M iron plant in Toledo, Ohio

Hundreds of construction workers are making progress on an $800 million Cleveland Cliffs hot-briquetted iron plant in Toledo, Ohio. The facility is expected to be up and running in the middle of next year.

WTVG-TV (Toledo, Ohio) (8/26) 
QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 27, 2019 3:24 PM

And of course it turns out that purchasing Greenland, for the right price, makes great sense, long-term, for a number of reasons.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Aug 27, 2019 5:27 PM

Why is buying land from other countries such a crazy idea?  Who do you think we bought most of the US from?  The Indians?

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 27, 2019 7:11 PM

We aren’t purchasing Greenland. It’s fucking stupid to even talk about. 

Wed, Aug 28, 2019 10:26 AM
posted by Rotinaj

We aren’t purchasing Greenland. It’s fucking stupid to even talk about. 

Why is it stupid?  Greenland has lots of natural resources and we have resources to manage a land that size.  Why is our buying it any more stupid than Denmark possessing it?  If you just landed here from Mars, Denmark might be your last guess at who is in the best position to manage a huge place like that.  Greenland has a small population and has a huge tie tot he sea.  The US is in a great position to facilitate the country's needs and maximize its potential - especially compared to a tiny European country.

I give Trump credit for an idea out of the blue like this.  He could have avoided acting like a child when the Denmark government rebuked him, but that's not possible.  Maybe the next EU recession, Denmark will be interested in revisiting this.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 10:33 AM

I think his point was that it was stupid to discuss it BECAUSE it's not going to happen, not that it's not going to happen because it's stupid.

I'd just as soon see whoever owns it leave it mostly alone.

Wed, Aug 28, 2019 12:08 PM
posted by O-Trap

I think his point was that it was stupid to discuss it BECAUSE it's not going to happen, not that it's not going to happen because it's stupid.

I'd just as soon see whoever owns it leave it mostly alone.

I get your point.  That said, I hope it keeps getting brought up occasionally.  What's got no chance today may become a reasonable idea in 3-5 years.  Who knows.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 12:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I get your point.  That said, I hope it keeps getting brought up occasionally.  What's got no chance today may become a reasonable idea in 3-5 years.  Who knows.  

It'd be great if it did become reasonable in a few years and a D was in the White House for it, so that all the liberals mocking Trump for getting shut down were calling it a victory for our nation and all the QQs and CCs who were totally on board with the purchase inquiry also turn an about-face and immediately call it a huge waste of our resources that will plunge our debt to even more catastrophic levels and, OH THE HUMANITY THE REPUBLIC IS FALLING!

In a way, it should be depressing that the only reason I have any real interest in politics any more is simply to watch both sides do complete 180-degree turns at the drop of a hat based more on who is doing something instead of what is being done, but in a far more important way, all the over-the-top histrionics and hypocrisy have desensitized me to the point where it even surprises me that I GAF for any reason.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 1:08 PM

I wonder if orange man thinks Greenland is as big as it appears on globes and maps.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 1:50 PM
posted by Heretic

It'd be great if it did become reasonable in a few years and a D was in the White House for it, so that all the liberals mocking Trump for getting shut down were calling it a victory for our nation and all the QQs and CCs who were totally on board with the purchase inquiry also turn an about-face and immediately call it a huge waste of our resources that will plunge our debt to even more catastrophic levels and, OH THE HUMANITY THE REPUBLIC IS FALLING!

In a way, it should be depressing that the only reason I have any real interest in politics any more is simply to watch both sides do complete 180-degree turns at the drop of a hat based more on who is doing something instead of what is being done, but in a far more important way, all the over-the-top histrionics and hypocrisy have desensitized me to the point where it even surprises me that I GAF for any reason.

To me, this depends more on the person with whom I'm speaking than the topic of politics itself.

posted by queencitybuckeye

I wonder if orange man thinks Greenland is as big as it appears on globes and maps.

Or maybe he thinks it's more lush and green because it's called Greenland.

I think Iceland would shock the hell out of him if so.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 2:07 PM
posted by O-Trap

To me, this depends more on the person with whom I'm speaking than the topic of politics itself.

Or maybe he thinks it's more lush and green because it's called Greenland.

I think Iceland would shock the hell out of him if so.

That could lead to a glorious chain of events where he mocks his opponent at the debate for bringing up climate change because if there's a country called Iceland, it must be made of ice and if a country is made of ice still, well, that puts down global warning as a pure myth; most people incredulously laugh at that train of thought and finally, Breitbart and the Fox and Friends TV show declare war on Iceland for maliciously misnaming their country in order to make the president look bad.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 3:46 PM
posted by Heretic

Two. Sentences.

Fuck, that must be a record! Was it on purpose? XD

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 4:05 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Two. Sentences.

Fuck, that must be a record! Was it on purpose? XD

It was the "I'm eating lunch and typing and not paying that much attention to details" purpose, so, uh, yeah!

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 5:15 PM

Now that the value of natural resource is so much better understood, I just don't know how such a deal would ever happen.  If you're Denmark you've got to worry about being fleeced.

And if you're the US, you'd want some exploratory surveys to know exactly what you're potentially buying.

Too much uncertainty on each side.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 28, 2019 6:20 PM

Lol, did you seriously screw that up?

Did you really poke fun at how stupid Trump is while completely NOT realizing that there is no distortion on a globe? The distortion is only on maps by trying to show the surface area of a sphere on a rectangular map. Look at an actual globe and Greenland, Antarctica, etc aren’t distorted.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 29, 2019 11:51 AM

I would favor trading California for Greenland, and I would even sweeten that pot with deferred payments of an extra $50 billion a year for ten years.

California for Greenland …………do it in a heartbeat.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login