Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Aug 29, 2019 8:23 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I would favor trading California for Greenland, and I would even sweeten that pot with deferred payments of an extra $50 billion a year for ten years.

California for Greenland …………do it in a heartbeat.

Sounds good

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 11:20 AM

President Donald Trump's plans for a wall along the US-Mexican border got a boost with Pentagon approval to divert $3.6 billion in funding from 127 other projects for that purpose. The money will supplement $1.375 billion previously approved by Congress.

And magically, there was $5 billion for a wall.

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 12:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

President Donald Trump's plans for a wall along the US-Mexican border got a boost with Pentagon approval to divert $3.6 billion in funding from 127 other projects for that purpose. The money will supplement $1.375 billion previously approved by Congress.

Trump at least did something good. Proved there are billions the Pentagon does not need.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 1:35 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Imagine that.  There was suddenly $3.6 billion dollars that had been going to other defense project that are apparently not vitally important to our safety and freedom.

It's almost like we might have been spending billions more on military than was justified.

No, that can't be it.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 3:02 PM

We could cut at least 15% from every department in government today, and no one would even know it happened.

Of course the media would cry and whine as though the entire population was about to starve to death ………..but otherwise it would be unnoticeable.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 3:09 PM
posted by QuakerOats

We could cut at least 15% from every department in government today, and no one would even know it happened.

Of course the media would cry and whine as though the entire population was about to starve to death ………..but otherwise it would be unnoticeable.

That's the only smart thing you have posted in forever. 

I hope you also meant the department of defense can cut 15% as well.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 8:13 PM
posted by jmog

That's the only smart thing you have posted in forever. 

I hope you also meant the department of defense can cut 15% as well.

I believe I have seen QO say there should be defense cuts, but I might be mistaken.  A 15% cut across the board is a pretty solid idea. Every side and angle will get to bitch, and then they would all look dumb after 18 months when the world doesn't end. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Sep 5, 2019 2:38 PM

Ohio natural gas power plant will proceed

Caithness Energy has secured $1.6 billion in funding and will proceed with building a natural gas power plant in Ohio's Guernsey County while partnering with Apex Power Group. The project is expected to produce 1,000 jobs over a 2½-year period for what is expected to be the largest plant of its kind east of the Mississippi River.

WTOV-TV (Steubenville, Ohio) (9/3) 
Spock Senior Member
Thu, Sep 5, 2019 8:19 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Ohio natural gas power plant will proceed

Caithness Energy has secured $1.6 billion in funding and will proceed with building a natural gas power plant in Ohio's Guernsey County while partnering with Apex Power Group. The project is expected to produce 1,000 jobs over a 2½-year period for what is expected to be the largest plant of its kind east of the Mississippi River.

WTOV-TV (Steubenville, Ohio) (9/3) 

How could Ohio vote for a Democrat?

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 6, 2019 9:10 AM
posted by Spock

How could Ohio vote for a Democrat?

Ohio doesn't.....3 cities do.  In 2016, urban Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus were blue and the rest of the state was red.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:09 PM

Elizabeth Warren: “I will ban all fracking, everywhere.”

The ignorance and arrogance is immeasurable.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 12:09 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Elizabeth Warren: “I will ban all fracking, everywhere.”

The ignorance and arrogance is immeasurable.

Your being outraged over the same people saying the same types of things day after day is remarkable.  Instead of throwing Furby away, you get upset anew every time he cooes.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:39 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Your being outraged over the same people saying the same types of things day after day is remarkable.  Instead of throwing Furby away, you get upset anew every time he cooes.  

Just sit back and enjoy the irony of someone who constantly praises everything Trump does referring to another politician with words like "ignorance" and "arrogance".

As for actual praise to Orangey, saw today that Bolton's gone from his position. Good riddance, dumping off a war-mongering old cunt.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Who’s upset?  I am passing along a quote from the other day that contains an astounding lack of understanding of the energy industry by someone who portrays intellectual superiority. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Sep 11, 2019 9:54 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Who’s upset?  I am passing along a quote from the other day that contains an astounding lack of understanding of the energy industry by someone who portrays intellectual superiority. 

You "pass along" these quotes all the time with your typical comments.  You are clearly upset by them or you just like typing on here for your health.

It appears that you are part of the top demographic in terms of political commentary media.  Instead of ignoring this crap, you consume it heavily and get into a "God save the Republic" mindset.  We get that you don't like liberals.  But your efforts will not persuade anyone who is either going to vote for or vote against someone.  Save yourself the misery.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2019 11:09 AM

You "pass along" these quotes all the time with your typical comments.  You are clearly upset by them or you just like typing on here for your health.

It appears that you are part of the top demographic in terms of political commentary media.  Instead of ignoring this crap, you consume it heavily and get into a "God save the Republic" mindset.  We get that you don't like liberals.  But your efforts will not persuade anyone who is either going to vote for or vote against someone.  Save yourself the misery.

Please listen to Bill Burr discuss the issue 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2019 12:32 PM

Since the title includes "GOES OFF on Outrage Culture", I'm guessing this will be 16+ minutes blasting QQ and those like him.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2019 5:41 PM
posted by Heretic

Since the title includes "GOES OFF on Outrage Culture", I'm guessing this will be 16+ minutes blasting QQ and those like him.

its hits the conversation that is going on here perfectly.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Sep 12, 2019 10:00 AM

Senate confirms 150th Trump judicial nominee... 

And the once-radical 9th Circuit which had only 6 conservatives out of 29 judges, is now up to 13 conservatives ………so the days of left-wing rulings and legislating from that bench are coming to a close.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 12, 2019 12:44 PM

Imagine having the stones to insist every year on 9/11 that you were at ground zero despite not one person seeing you there. In fact there is more evidence pointing that you weren’t there than pointing to the fact that you were. Amazing 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login