2024 Presidential Election Thread

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Sep 28, 2024 3:03 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, Kamala is already part of the current administration. In fact, Biden has said that he's long since delegated authority to her for both foreign and domestic policy. So it would make sense to meet with her. 

So, is Zelensky just hedging bets in case Trump wins in November?

When did Biden say that?

I think hedging his bet is exactly what Zelensky’s doing.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2024 3:27 PM

Biden said that earlier this week on The View.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2024 3:41 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, Kamala is already part of the current administration. In fact, Biden has said that he's long since delegated authority to her for both foreign and domestic policy. So it would make sense to meet with her. 

So, is Zelensky just hedging bets in case Trump wins in November?

That'd be my bet. Not exactly a secret that at least a sizable number of Rs are totally against what we've been doing with Ukraine, but if Zel has been paying attention, he knows Trump is super-susceptible to things like ass-kissing and telling him what he wants to hear. So he probably feels it'd be smart to grease that wheel to try to get a foot in the door if Trump wins.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 28, 2024 5:01 PM

It's been basically a stalemate for, what, a year and a half now?  So keep supporting Ukraine and people just keep dying, to what end?

Seems the obvious is going to be Putin keeps what he's captured and the war is over.

I don't know about Kamala, but Trump will do it despite the left calling him Putin's puppet.  I'd also make part of the deal for Putin keeping the territory that Ukraine joins NATO.  But Trump won't demand that unconditionally.  Either way, it's time for this to end.

Sat, Sep 28, 2024 10:01 PM
posted by gut

I don't know about Kamala, but Trump will do it despite the left calling him Putin's puppet.  I'd also make part of the deal for Putin keeping the territory that Ukraine joins NATO.  But Trump won't demand that unconditionally.  Either way, it's time for this to end.

Agreed, it's time for it to end. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with Zelensky for allowing himself to be pushed into this war because the Biden administration told him to end peace talks. He should have told Boris Johnson to go pound sand, because at that point Ukraine was still even Steven. Now any talk of peace will come at the price of Ukraine territory and hundreds of thousands of Ukraine lives.

This crap with Israel needs to end too. And by that I mean not one more US dollar. Israel and Palestine are going to do what they do in perpetuity. And even though I support Israel's right to exist, they need to go into their own debt and not borrow against ours.

Sun, Sep 29, 2024 10:55 AM

So Massie was able to wiggle some information about the FBI's interference on J6. 

Turns out that the FBI had paid rabble rousers in the crowd, but the guy shown in this vid claims he doesn't know how much or even how many "paid assets" there were (lol)

gut Senior Member
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 11:29 AM

It shouldn't be surprising that when you get these volatile, angry protests that it only takes a few people to set off a chain reaction of violence and vandalism.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist that FBI agents deliberately provoked Jan. 6.  But I've often wondered that all the BLM riots were ripe for foreign actors to sew unrest and chaos.  They interfered in our elections - do we really think they don't place agitators at these protests to try to escalate things?

Sun, Sep 29, 2024 11:33 AM
posted by gut

theorist that FBI agents deliberately provoked Jan. 6.  But I've often wondered that all the BLM riots were ripe for foreign actors to sew unrest and chaos.  They interfered in our elections - do we really think they don't place agitators at these protests to try to escalate things?

Well, one can't help but wonder at how, during the BLM riots, random pallets of bricks showed up on streets where there was no construction happening. 

gut Senior Member
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 2:16 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, one can't help but wonder at how, during the BLM riots, random pallets of bricks showed up on streets where there was no construction happening. 

I do think there might be a very simple explanation: organized crime exploited the rallies so they could loot.

Not saying that was the case, but those crime bosses thought of the idea long before it occurred to the average person.

Sun, Sep 29, 2024 5:18 PM
posted by gut

I do think there might be a very simple explanation: organized crime exploited the rallies so they could loot.

Not saying that was the case, but those crime bosses thought of the idea long before it occurred to the average person.

I'd much rather believe that the alternative lol

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 7:16 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump said he could wrap up the war ~24 hours after being elected.  Maybe Zelensky was curious how that’d work.  

Trump says fuck you.
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 11:56 PM

So Tim Walz met with Alex Soros. It's a great reminder of just how close the Dems are with the working class nowadays, amirite?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 10:31 AM

^ thought he was just an old football coach

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 3:02 PM

Why is Trump in Georgia today and Biden and Harris only just put a statement out today on the devastation in Western, NC (days late)? Because libs hate rural America? Asheville, NC and surrounding areas are completely fucked. DeSantis has been using Florida resources to help the area as well, even after parts of Florida were badly hit. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 4:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Why is Trump in Georgia today and Biden and Harris only just put a statement out today on the devastation in Western, NC (days late)? Because libs hate rural America? Asheville, NC and surrounding areas are completely fucked. DeSantis has been using Florida resources to help the area as well, even after parts of Florida were badly hit. 

If those states were blue they (Biden/Harris) "might" be helping them. Biden's too busy confusing air strikes (Hezbollah) with union worker strikes in his latest gaffe.

Mon, Sep 30, 2024 4:36 PM
posted by iclfan2

I believe that Kamala did call the director of FEMA. 

Hope this helps!

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 7:15 PM

The politicians on site are campaigning. Those in their offices are working. Hope this helps.

Mon, Sep 30, 2024 7:50 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The politicians on site are campaigning. Those in their offices are working. Hope this helps.

Which politicians?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 87 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 8:07 PM

Can we all agree this guy fucking sucks

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 8:34 PM

Trump really didn’t help NC when he was president. 

https://x.com/nc_governor/status/862309937430573056?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login