2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 3:57 PM

I think most of us appear to lean right or conservative because of the way these tests we play around with skew the questions. I think most of us are political mutts because we approach various topics from different angles. 

Am I fiscally conservative? Absolutely.

Am I socially conservative? Nope.

I'm against Med4All, but if I had to chose between that or war - Black Rock and Raytheon would go out of business and 90% of our DoD costs would be slashed. We would still have out of control debt but at least we would be looking out for ourselves instead of racking up bodies in other countries. Same with the idea of paying reparations.

This site isn't as red as people like to pretend it is because they can't present any better argument. It's hitting the easy button.

Sun, Sep 22, 2024 4:01 PM
posted by gut
Only because you're much further left than you believe yourself to be.  Kind of like "moderate" Ptown.

Well, he actually used to be very centrist. Not sure what happened, but in all fairness it's probably got to do with spending too much time in the proximity of DC, or those who do. That would definitely have some sort of effect lol

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 4:30 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That may be part of it - my own political bias.  I still think this place leans right heavily.  That’s not a bad thing, it’s just the facts  

As has been said, discussed and shown - repeatedly - over years is that this site is heavily Libertarian.

But, of course, in today's media if you aren't in lockstep with the far left then you are MAGA.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 8:27 PM
posted by gut

As has been said, discussed and shown - repeatedly - over years is that this site is heavily Libertarian.

But, of course, in today's media if you aren't in lockstep with the far left then you are MAGA.

This is the problem. 

To QO, this site probably sounds liberal.

To the QOs on the left (geeblock, ptown, etc) this site sounds conservative

When the vast majority of us have shown and proven to be middle of the road libertarian. But that’s basically MAGA racist to the left today.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Sep 22, 2024 9:08 PM

I don’t think anyone here’s a racist, I just think the site is very right wing.  Since it’s an opinion, it can’t be “shown” to be wrong.  If you disagree, that’s fine.

Sun, Sep 22, 2024 10:26 PM
posted by jmog

This is the problem. 

To QO, this site probably sounds liberal.

To the QOs on the left (geeblock, ptown, etc) this site sounds conservative

MAGA

&

BLUE MAGA

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 7:08 AM

I don’t think anyone here’s a racist, I just think the site is very right wing.  Since it’s an opinion, it can’t be “shown” to be wrong.  If you disagree, that’s fine.

Evidence can be shown by actual posts that it is incorrect.

Are you under the belief that opinions can’t be wrong?

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 8:23 AM
posted by jmog

Evidence can be shown by actual posts that it is incorrect.

Are you under the belief that opinions can’t be wrong?

One man's "conservative" is another man's "liberal".  It's subjective.  You're not going to "prove" such a thing because there is no absolute metric to measure it by.  

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 10:40 AM

One man's "conservative" is another man's "liberal".  It's subjective.  You're not going to "prove" such a thing because there is no absolute metric to measure it by.  

So anything that is on a "spectrum" can't be backed by evidence? We are all just guessing?

For instance:

Actual posts giving criticism to both sides but most of the posters.

Actual questionnaires that place people on the political spectrum based on their answers showing most on this board are middle of the road libertarians.

That is actual evidence supporting what I said, your evidence is just "feelings" and subjective.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:05 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/confused-biden-yells-who-s-next-during-press-conference-with-prime-minister-of-india/vi-AA1r2Skq?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ff3b7cb1065d478393d34ec39d5a8543&ei=35

Yikes  ............... and his wife ran a cabinet meeting last week.  

Harris told us just a few months ago that he was sharp as a tack.  She lied, and she covered it up.  

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:12 AM
posted by jmog

That is actual evidence supporting what I said, your evidence is just "feelings" and subjective.

This is correct – my evidence is subjective.  The basis of political quizzes or the impressions a comment makes is subjective for us all.  I consider this place right leaning.  I would guess, but it can never be proved since it won’t ever happen, that if you let 100 random people read through it, they would rate it the same way.  Maybe that’s not how it would turn out…we’ll never know.  But that is my impression from reading many years of comments.  You can’t “prove” otherwise because that’s not the nature of the question.  

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:20 AM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/confused-biden-yells-who-s-next-during-press-conference-with-prime-minister-of-india/vi-AA1r2Skq?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ff3b7cb1065d478393d34ec39d5a8543&ei=35

Yikes  ............... and his wife ran a cabinet meeting last week.  

Harris told us just a few months ago that he was sharp as a tack.  She lied, and she covered it up.  

That poor man, this is terrible. They should have removed him a while ago and let him live out his life in peace. They could have made up some reason about his physical health or something. This just makes me so angry!

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 11:46 AM
posted by jmog

Actual posts giving criticism to both sides but most of the posters.

People have a tendency to memory-hold that which they agree with.  And the conservative views that overlap with Libertarian, which they tend to disagree with, is what they anchor their perception to.
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 12:56 PM

If you're into polls:

I'm telling you, she is going to win.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 1:46 PM

I lol’d

Mon, Sep 23, 2024 2:35 PM

The mouth on that!

hahaha

Tue, Sep 24, 2024 12:31 PM

So I saw a clip on a TYT vid where it shows the Morning Joe cast saying that anybody who questions Kamala's policies are anti-anti-Trump; and nobody should be questioning her about anything at all.

Anti-anti-Trump is a thing now, I guess. 

The vid I watched, for full context:

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 1:57 PM

This is correct – my evidence is subjective.  The basis of political quizzes or the impressions a comment makes is subjective for us all.  I consider this place right leaning.  I would guess, but it can never be proved since it won’t ever happen, that if you let 100 random people read through it, they would rate it the same way.  Maybe that’s not how it would turn out…we’ll never know.  But that is my impression from reading many years of comments.  You can’t “prove” otherwise because that’s not the nature of the question.  

The difference is you are guessing, we can give actual evidence to the contrary.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 2:00 PM
posted by gut
People have a tendency to memory-hold that which they agree with.  And the conservative views that overlap with Libertarian, which they tend to disagree with, is what they anchor their perception to.

Agreed, his reasoning for why this is a right leaning website is about as sound as if I said its left leaning because I don't agree with what ptown, gut, Central, et al have always said.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login