2020 Presidential Election thread

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:58 PM

I do not know how to sign my married name. I'm horrible at it and it looks like shit. My poll worker is a complete psycho about it and makes me do it multiple times until she thinks it looks right smh. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 9:47 AM
posted by gut

I'm surprised no one has suggested Trump operatives could invalidate results with a little fraud themselves.  I mean, they've given us every other Trump conspiracy imaginable but somehow no one has considered that Trump's team could also commit fraud by mail.

It's mind boggling what could happen when you consider potentially 80% turnout vs. the more normal 50%.  Think about all those polls based on "likely voters" and then all these "independent?" voters suddenly come into the mix.

Good point, but people are starting to look into how Trump could slow this down. 

Post story this morning about how the new Post Master General is slowing down the Post Office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/postal-service-backlog-sparks-worries-that-ballot-delivery-could-be-delayed-in-november/2020/07/30/cb19f1f4-d1d0-11ea-8d32-1ebf4e9d8e0d_story.html?hpid=hp_politics1-8-12_uspsvote-804pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 11:38 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Post story this morning about how the new Post Master General is slowing down the Post Office.

LMFAO.  I've been hearing that.  I'm sorry, but the leftwing media has become absolute trash.  Worse than they ever claimed Fox News to be.
ts1227 Senior Member
12,351 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:00 PM
posted by gut
LMFAO.  I've been hearing that.  I'm sorry, but the leftwing media has become absolute trash.  Worse than they ever claimed Fox News to be.

I can firsthand say there has been a difference in the past 1-2 months. I don’t sell a ton on eBay, but since we’ve moved in February I’ve had stuff selling there and on Facebook marketplace that we don’t need at the new place (and clothes the wife doesn’t want anymore) at a decent clip. 

It has gone from almost always beating the tracking estimate In the Spring (and at the height of the shutdowns) to always arriving 1-2 days late. I had one thing thing take 3 weeks to go to Illinois, which should take 2 days.

Whether it’s sabotage or not I’m not getting into, but they definitely fucked the system up

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:04 PM
posted by ts1227

Whether it’s sabotage or not I’m not getting into, but they definitely fucked the system up

I don't dispute that there isn't a real slowdown.  But an intentional slowdown to disrupt vote by mail is a conspiracy that would make Alex Jones blush.  Yet it's straight faced, mainstream reporting as if it's fact.

It's fucking disgusting.  You don't have to be a Trump supporter to acknowledge what an absolute dumpster fire media has become.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:24 PM

posted by ts1227

I can firsthand say there has been a difference in the past 1-2 months. I don’t sell a ton on eBay, but since we’ve moved in February I’ve had stuff selling there and on Facebook marketplace that we don’t need at the new place (and clothes the wife doesn’t want anymore) at a decent clip. 

It has gone from almost always beating the tracking estimate In the Spring (and at the height of the shutdowns) to always arriving 1-2 days late. I had one thing thing take 3 weeks to go to Illinois, which should take 2 days.

It's been a bit weird, from what I've observed. My mom mentioned she had a day where it looked like the local post office must have sent her everything that had been piling up for a week or so all at once (stuff like catalogs and other more mass delivery stuff. And she had me checking online to track a package for her because it'd been like 3-4 weeks to get something sent from only a couple states over. But as for myself, the closest thing I've noticed is that with my last Amazon order of random stuff, one package came a few days after the others.
8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:44 PM
posted by gut

I don't dispute that there isn't a real slowdown.  But an intentional slowdown to disrupt vote by mail is a conspiracy that would make Alex Jones blush.  Yet it's straight faced, mainstream reporting as if it's fact.

It's fucking disgusting.  You don't have to be a Trump supporter to acknowledge what an absolute dumpster fire media has become.

Yeah, I read the story and thought it was interesting to at least bring it up regarding if we have a lot of mail in ballots, there could be a slow down. I agree it may be a stretch to say it was because of the new Trump appointed head. Unless we get direct evidence of that, then yeah, it is a stretch. 

On another note, I thought it was hilarious today that the White House called out China in Hong Kong for their news they delayed their election. Kinda hard to criticize China when the President was advocating for doing the same thing yesterday....

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:49 PM

USPS has always been trash, and it's even worse now. I just got a package from Cali yesterday, shipped on July 6th!

I deal with all forms of shipping at work, USPS, FedEx, and UPS. I've had recent issues with all of them. They just blame COVID and that's that. I don't understand it.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:50 PM

On another note, I thought it was hilarious today that the White House called out China in Hong Kong for their news they delayed their election. Kinda hard to criticize China when the President was advocating for doing the same thing yesterday....

Yes, he's an absolute clown.

And it feels like a familiar theme - Trump is an incompetent moron, yet he hatches sophisticated schemes to thwart vote by mail, or dog whistles in the suburbs.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:52 PM
posted by Automatik

USPS has always been trash, and it's even worse now. I just got a package from Cali yesterday, shipped on July 6th!

They lost a package that I returned.  Fortunately I insured at seller's direction.  Been a week since I submitted a search request.  Wondering how long before I get my money.
justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 2:52 PM

I’ve been buying a lot of baseball cards on eBay. Most are taking 13+ days if in a stamped envelope. First class with tracking has been fine. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 5:38 PM
posted by Automatik

USPS has always been trash,

That’s all you needed to say.
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 5:43 PM

Speaking of packages, we just got something from Amazon that we never ordered and never paid for. Makes no sense, but has our name and address on it.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 5:43 PM

Speaking of packages, we just got something from Amazon that we never ordered and never paid for. Makes no sense, but has our name and address on it.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 5:49 PM

100% agree. Also, states should be able to start counting the absentee ballots ahead of election day and then once the polls close, then announce the numbers. 

Some states do not start counting absentee ballots until the polls close. That is what takes states like CA forever to have their results. 

Takes a while for all the ballot harvesting to conclude in CA .........libs gotta win every district

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 11:35 AM

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 11:38 AM
posted by iclfan2

That's what every guy says when his wife intercepts the sex doll he ordered at the mailbox. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 1:49 PM

New York AG got finally got Trump financial records from Deustchebank, and promised a "big announcement" today at 11:30.

Everyone was anticipating something juicy about Trump.  But, nope, she just proclaimed they were suing to dissolve the NRA.

People will just never learn.  I'm sure Mueller's team scrutinized all his financials with 10X the diligence of the IRS auditors.  Hard as it is to believe, Trump has to be clean.  Even the people they arrested didn't cough up any dirt to nail him.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 1:58 PM

The NRA will probably have their single largest fundraising and new membership day in history.  Thank you radical Marxists!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login