2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:08 PM

Ugggh.....Biden VP race reportedly down to Kamala or Susan Rice.

How did Rice end-up in this race?  Reward for falling on the Benghazi sword?  Leveraging dirt she has on Obama/Biden?

On the bright side, if Trump loses either one of those women are very capable of challenging Trump's record number of lies.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:12 PM

Also, if Biden is dumb enough to choose Kamala then you can't feel sorry for him when she envokes the 25th on January 21st.

LOL, back-dooring her way into office is nothing new for Kamala!

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:17 PM
posted by gut

LOL, back-dooring her way into office is nothing new for Kamala!

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:53 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That's what every guy says when his wife intercepts the sex doll he ordered at the mailbox. 

Companies send things out for people to try and leave a review 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 9:59 PM

If Trump said what Biden did today about Latinos and African American communities he would be eviscerated by the media as a racist. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 10:03 PM
posted by jmog

If Trump said what Biden did today about Latinos and African American communities he would be eviscerated by the media as a racist. 

Huh? I didn’t see the interview but read the transcript portion. Biden maybe came across insensitive, but it’s not incorrect. Latinos are made up of a bunch of countries. AA are made up of...one.
SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 10:12 PM
posted by Laley23
Huh? I didn’t see the interview but read the transcript portion. Biden maybe came across insensitive, but it’s not incorrect. Latinos are made up of a bunch of countries. AA are made up of...one.

Yeah, it wasn’t racist at all  

A lot of black people on my twitter agree with it. Specifically Jason Whitlock said it. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 11:03 PM
posted by Laley23

I am not saying what he said was incorrect. He is very correct. 

For instance, Cubans and Venezuelans tend to be rather conservative due to what they are coming from where many other Latino countries tend to be more liberal.

I don’t think it was racist thing to say at all, facts can’t be racist.

I was just saying that if Trump had said the same thing he would have been eviscerated by the media.

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 11:39 PM

Do you seriously believe that facts can’t be racist? The hell is wrong with you

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 12:07 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Facts can not be racist. If you believe a fact can be racist then quite frankly you are a moron. 

Opinions can be racist, but facts can not.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 12:10 AM

I get what S&L is saying. There are plenty of facts of racist things. 

But yeah, a fact is just the result of what is or isn’t. Has nothing to with how the outcome became racist or not.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 12:15 AM
posted by Laley23

I get what S&L is saying. There are plenty of facts of racist things. 

But yeah, a fact is just the result of what is or isn’t. Has nothing to with how the outcome became racist or not.

There are facts about racist things, but the things are racist, by even the grammar you used. You used racist to describe things. The fact itself isn’t racist, the “thing” was.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 12:32 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Could you kindly tell me which facts are racist?

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 12:33 AM

posted by Laley23

Latinos are made up of a bunch of countries. AA are made up of...one.

And which singular country would you claim that African Americans descend from?
like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 4:51 AM
posted by gut

Could you kindly tell me which facts are racist?

I second this question. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 7:53 AM
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 7:55 AM

Facts are facts, yes. But they can also be biased. And if you have a bias against a specific race, you can use facts to hurt that race. 

An example would be a media outlet only reports facts that are negative against a certain race. That media outlet ONLY says things like African Americans have the highest % of any race in prison, theres a high % of crime in AA communities, highest % of any race on welfare, etc. Those are all facts, but if they only report the negatives about a race, to me that’s a form of racism. 

Or on a smaller example, a white guy gets in a fender bender, sees the other driver is black and says “learn how to drive you black son of a bitch” 

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 8:14 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Facts are facts, yes. But they can also be biased. And if you have a bias against a specific race, you can use facts to hurt that race. 

An example would be a media outlet only reports facts that are negative against a certain race. That media outlet ONLY says things like African Americans have the highest % of any race in prison, theres a high % of crime in AA communities, highest % of any race on welfare, etc. Those are all facts, but if they only report the negatives about a race, to me that’s a form of racism. 

Or on a smaller example, a white guy gets in a fender bender, sees the other driver is black and says “learn how to drive you black son of a bitch” 

You just described the delivery and selection of facts as racist, which is done by both sides all of the time.  That does not make a fact itself, racist.  

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 8:28 AM
posted by like_that

You just described the delivery and selection of facts as racist, which is done by both sides all of the time.  That does not make a fact itself, racist.  

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 8:34 AM

S&L really has gone full retard.   Sad to see. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login