2020 Presidential Election thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Apr 22, 2020 8:35 AM

Ozzy Osbourne is in negotiations with MSNBC to be Biden's interpreter for the upcoming presidential debates.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Apr 22, 2020 9:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Ozzy Osbourne is in negotiations with MSNBC to be Biden's interpreter for the upcoming presidential debates.

LOL

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 22, 2020 1:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This needs to be an easily-shared meme.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Apr 22, 2020 4:22 PM
posted by O-Trap

This needs to be an easily-shared meme.

Ozzy Osbourne Yell | OZZY OSBOURNE IS IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH MSNBC TO BE JOE BIDEN'S INTERPRETER IN THE UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES | image tagged in ozzy osbourne yell | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:28 AM

It may not matter in the end, but even with Biden in lockdown and Trump being seen every day, in battleground states, he is still behind Biden. In the Fox News poll in FL, Biden is even close with people over the age of 65. 

https://www.foxnews.com/category/columns/fox-news-poll

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I think this could be the reason the President's aides and some supporters want him to stop or limit the daily briefings. They are obviously not helping him. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:41 AM

Yea, the polls even in battleground states are not great for Trump.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:50 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It may not matter in the end, but even with Biden in lockdown and Trump being seen every day, in battleground states, he is still behind Biden. In the Fox News poll in FL, Biden is even close with people over the age of 65. 

https://www.foxnews.com/category/columns/fox-news-poll

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I think this could be the reason the President's aides and some supporters want him to stop or limit the daily briefings. They are obviously not helping him. 

Still believing that polling data is king......this far out, those state by state polls are likely 5-7% error rate and national polling margin of error likely pushing 4.5-5%.

Polls dont matter till we get within 2-3 weeks from voting.  

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 9:23 AM
posted by Spock

Still believing that polling data is king......this far out, those state by state polls are likely 5-7% error rate and national polling margin of error likely pushing 4.5-5%.

Polls dont matter till we get within 2-3 weeks from voting.  

I noted saying it may not matter. Also, the Fox News polls have an error of 3-3.5% not 5-7%. Fox News polls are actually pretty good too and have a great track record. 

Current polls may not matter down the line, but it is a snapshot of the moment. That moment right now says even with Biden not in the spotlight and Trump out there every day, Trump is not running away with the race. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 9:35 AM

I think trump wins in a landslide. The Bernie people won’t vote for Biden most likely. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 9:54 AM
posted by geeblock

I think trump wins in a landslide. The Bernie people won’t vote for Biden most likely. 

The Bernie people are pussies just like Bernie.  They will do what they are told like good dogs.  I will be surprised if they still home. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I noted saying it may not matter. Also, the Fox News polls have an error of 3-3.5% not 5-7%. Fox News polls are actually pretty good too and have a great track record. 

Current polls may not matter down the line, but it is a snapshot of the moment. That moment right now says even with Biden not in the spotlight and Trump out there every day, Trump is not running away with the race. 

The voter turnout in this thing is going to be anemic.  Obama is going to go full tilt to get his voters out to vote for Biden (its only going to work if Biden picks a black VP)

When they roll the cript keeper out of his basement for a debate, its gonna be bad.  The Bernie bros arent voting and Trump has a approval rating flirting with 50%.  

All of these scream landslide victory for bad orange man.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:13 PM
posted by Spock

I'm aware of the issues with polls, especially this far out and especially with Trump.

But his favorable rating and net approval ranking are both a few points lower than when he barely won the election.  He's a few points lower than both Bush and Obama, who barely won re-election.

To me, right now, this is pointing to a narrow Biden win.  And he's not inspiring a lot of confidence with how he's handled the coronavirus.  And 6 months out expect the recovery to dominate people's thinking - there are millions of jobs in hotel, retail, travel, airlines and restaurants/bars that aren't coming back in 6 months.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:18 PM

Polls or CC's stupid opinions really mean nothing right now. COVID/the economy and where they are come election day are the only factors that really mean much at the time. If COVID winds up being over-blown and all the "Trump's response was anemic" talk loses all steam, he's going to likely cruise. Any other situation could have him in trouble because, let's face it, if COVID is still a thing in November (a distinct possibility, considering all the talk about how it could flare back up in the fall), everyone will be deluged by advertisements blaring every "no biggie, not an issue" comment he made pre-pandemic, as well any other questionable comment he's made (such as how states' governors need to be nice to him in order to receive his help).

The American voting populace in general is fickle and stupid. Trump got into office due to being unfiltered and off-the-cuff (and not being Hillary, to be honest) and those same qualities (minus not being Hillary -- that's always a positive) easily could get all but his core base to turn on him, depending on how the next months turn out. COVID remains an issue while Trump remains "old man yells at cloud" about it and Biden could be hauled out Weekend at Bernie's style and still win.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:33 PM
posted by Heretic

...advertisements blaring every "no biggie, not an issue" comment he made pre-pandemic, as well any other questionable comment he's made (such as how states' governors need to be nice to him in order to receive his help).

Problem is, Cuomo and Biden and others were making the same comments, and criticizing Trump when he did start taking some extreme actions.

Then you have Biden, when asked if China was a threat "c'mon, man!".  Expect to hear, over and over, how coronavirus was all China's fault and, BTW, they gave $1.5B to Biden's son.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:46 PM
posted by gut

Problem is, Cuomo and Biden and others were making the same comments, and criticizing Trump when he did start taking some extreme actions.

Then you have Biden, when asked if China was a threat "c'mon, man!".  Expect to hear, over and over, how coronavirus was all China's fault and, BTW, they gave $1.5B to Biden's son.

True, which is probably at least part of why Biden is doing his best Invisible Man impersonation in recent times (that and the "rapidly getting more senile" bit). Let Trump do all the talking so only one of you is regularly digging a hole with his mouth/Twitter fingers. With a fickle, stupid electorate, the key is to control the narrative and with those two dipshits being the candidates, the best way to control it is to shut the hell up and let the other guy fuck things up for himself.

Heh, when I think about it, that last sentence I typed is probably why I'll never get any traction as far as handling candidates for public office goes. That's the sort of "truth to power" stuff guys like that probably aren't keen on hearing!

gut Senior Member
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:59 PM
posted by Heretic

True, which is probably at least part of why Biden is doing his best Invisible Man impersonation in recent times

Biden was probably the best person for Trump to run against because he has the weakest ability to hit where Trump is most vulnerable.

Those two aside, I think a lot of politicians who stay stupid shit are really just stumbling thru a lie to pander to their base.  AOC is a great example.  Yes, the rhetoric from our politicians pretty much reflects how dumb the electorate is.

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:03 PM
posted by Spock

The voter turnout in this thing is going to be anemic.  Obama is going to go full tilt to get his voters out to vote for Biden (its only going to work if Biden picks a black VP)

When they roll the cript keeper out of his basement for a debate, its gonna be bad.  The Bernie bros arent voting and Trump has a approval rating flirting with 50%.  

2018 and 2019 even so far in 2020 show that maybe turnout will be higher than 2016. 

So, who knows. 

posted by gut

Biden was probably the best person for Trump to run against because he has the weakest ability to hit where Trump is most vulnerable.

Those two aside, I think a lot of politicians who stay stupid shit are really just stumbling thru a lie to pander to their base.  AOC is a great example.  Yes, the rhetoric from our politicians pretty much reflects how dumb the electorate is.

I actually think Biden hits Trump where Trump is most vulnerable, the upper midwest that sat out or went with Trump. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Apr 25, 2020 4:36 AM

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1253893141612109824?s=21

Video:

https://twitter.com/curtishouck/status/1253808940573429761?s=21

Tara Reade confirmed this was her mother fwiw. I’m calling it now, the GOP stole the Dem’s “Kavanaugh Playbook,” and are now using it against Biden.  More stories will drop like this every month we get closer to the Election. I think we will also see an additional accuser or two.

Btw, so far Tara Reade has 1000x more corroborating evidence than Ford, and the media are burying her stories.  The only articles I have seen from different sources are how people are “grappling” with the Biden accusation. Such a disgrace.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 25, 2020 6:57 AM
posted by like_that

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1253893141612109824?s=21

Video:

https://twitter.com/curtishouck/status/1253808940573429761?s=21

Tara Reade confirmed this was her mother fwiw. I’m calling it now, the GOP stole the Dem’s “Kavanaugh Playbook,” and are now using it against Biden.  More stories will drop like this every month we get closer to the Election. I think we will also see an additional accuser or two.

Btw, so far Tara Reade has 1000x more corroborating evidence than Ford, and the media are burying her stories.  The only articles I have seen from different sources are how people are “grappling” with the Biden accusation. Such a disgrace.

Is he ever even going to be asked about it? It’s been over a month. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Apr 25, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

Is he ever even going to be asked about it? It’s been over a month. 

I think we are all being played.  This will provide the perfect excuse, after the convention, to remove Biden from the ticket.

It's really extraordinary when you think about it - AFTER half the country elects Trump, the other half of the country puts up a senile rapist to oppose him.  It's a damn good thing the POTUS doesn't really do anything except give speeches for everyone to ignore.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login