2020 Presidential Election thread

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 27, 2020 7:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure how true but I read a story that when Bin Laden was alive, he was trying like Hell to find a way to take out Obama so then "totally unprepared/incompetent " Biden would have to take over and send the US into crisis.

The leader of Al Queda was planning on killing the US President? No way

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Apr 27, 2020 9:47 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

The leader of Al Queda was planning on killing the US President? No way

Yeah, Captain Obvious, right? It wasn't the fact he was interest in killing Obama as much as why. When your adversaries can see that the VP is an inept joke, what should that be telling the American people?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 27, 2020 11:07 PM

Disappointed Trump passed up a great troll opportunity - when asked about Biden claiming Trump would try to cancel or delay the election, he just said "why would I do that?"

What he should have said was "Great idea - I think the Dems might like a do-over on their nominee"

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 1:45 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, Captain Obvious, right? It wasn't the fact he was interest in killing Obama as much as why. When your adversaries can see that the VP is an inept joke, what should that be telling the American people?

Wait, I thought Obama was an inept joke.  Is that no longer the party line?

posted by gut

Disappointed Trump passed up a great troll opportunity - when asked about Biden claiming Trump would try to cancel or delay the election, he just said "why would I do that?"

What he should have said was "Great idea - I think the Dems might like a do-over on their nominee"

That would be a good one, though frankly, he could have communicated the same idea either way.

Good lord, I still can't believe the DNC ended up with Biden as the nominee.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 8:37 AM
posted by O-Trap

Wait, I thought Obama was an inept joke.  Is that no longer the party line?

posted by gut

That would be a good one, though frankly, he could have communicated the same idea either way.

Good lord, I still can't believe the DNC ended up with Biden as the nominee.

I think its still he is being propped up to win the office and then resign during his first term to get his VP in there so they have an established candidate in 2024.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 9:13 AM
posted by Spock

I think its still he is being propped up to win the office and then resign during his first term to get his VP in there so they have an established candidate in 2024.  

As reasonable as this sounds, I don't think it's true. Neither of these political parties are nearly as sophisticated as we'd sometimes like to believe.  

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 12:05 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

As reasonable as this sounds, I don't think it's true. Neither of these political parties are nearly as sophisticated as we'd sometimes like to believe.  

Agreed.

Still, the upside to all this is that whoever is airing this could totally have made it PPV.

People would have paid it just on the off chance Biden tells Trump, "Kick rocks, you pork-n-beans eatin’ corn pop!"

The hilarity is sure to be unprecedented.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 2:20 PM

Seems like maybe Biden is doing more print interviews, where sympathetic journalists can ignore the gaffes and make him seem cogent in their write-up.

Question is who will actually run things if Biden wins.  Could be his VP, could be his wife Jill.  Or maybe it will be his Chief of Staff.

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 2:28 PM
posted by gut

Seems like maybe Biden is doing more print interviews, where sympathetic journalists can ignore the gaffes and make him seem cogent in their write-up.

Question is who will actually run things if Biden wins.  Could be his VP, could be his wife Jill.  Or maybe it will be his Chief of Staff.

I'd hope they'd opt for a run-by-committee.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 2:33 PM
posted by O-Trap

I'd hope they'd opt for a run-by-committee.

To be fair, after Obama and Trump I'm not convinced things don't pretty much run without the POTUS, anyway.  Dementia Joe is just as capable of rubber stamping a policy as his predecessors.

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 2:36 PM
posted by gut

To be fair, after Obama and Trump I'm not convinced things don't pretty much run without the POTUS, anyway.  Dementia Joe is just as capable of rubber stamping a policy as his predecessors.

Fair point.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 4:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

A neighbor has now come out to corroborate that Reade told her about the assault. FAR surpassing any evidence from the Kavanaugh claims... 

Shows how much of a sham the metoo movement and the Women’s march was/is. 

It was NEVER about women, it was ALWAYS about political power.

The Left is simply a disgusting collection of hypocrites and ignorant mofo’s.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 4:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

*Insert old man yelling at clouds meme here*

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 4:17 PM
posted by QuakerOats

mofo’s

... Belly?

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 4:43 PM
posted by QuakerOats

And yet look at who the religious right voted for...

Although I'm still amazed at how many times CNN trotted out Avenatti.  On the other hand, it makes perfect sense since they're practically a tabloid rag when it comes to anything within Trump's orbit.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 4:50 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You almost were right. Except for how you singled out one side for being hypocrites and ignorant mofos when both are. But it's a start!

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 5:10 PM
posted by Heretic

You almost were right. Except for how you singled out one side for being hypocrites and ignorant mofos when both are. But it's a start!

The incredible thing is their base, whom I'd guess are mostly sincere in terms of their values and virtues, still support the politicians and their media.  I suppose no less incredible than the evangelicals voting for Trump.

But I still say it's amazing that so many people value their values so little that they'll still vote straight party.  I guess if rape doesn't disqualify you from the highest office in the land, would murder? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 5:19 PM
posted by gut

The incredible thing is their base, whom I'd guess are mostly sincere in terms of their values and virtues, still support the politicians and their media.  I suppose no less incredible than the evangelicals voting for Trump.

But I still say it's amazing that so many people value their values so little that they'll still vote straight party.  I guess if rape doesn't disqualify you from the highest office in the land, would murder? 

OJ in 2020!!!!!

gut Senior Member
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 5:24 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

OJ in 2020!!!!!

Well, you can definitely still be a Senator if you kill someone.  As for POTUS, cue Quaker with the predictable "Clinton body count" meme.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:09 PM
posted by gut

I think it's saying something that I can be as desensitized as anyone because of all the BS we're subjected to, but I'm still surprised at just how far people go to endorse their candidates of choice because it's all "party line is more important than logic" for so many people. The evangelicals saying that God gave us Trump or progs acting like AOC is some sort of political savant who should be leading the party and so on. Life was a lot better when I could at least pretend Quaker was kind of unique as some weird-ass loser who bases everything about everything on politics and who is in office...but lately, it seems like people like him are way too common (or at least make so much noise it seems like they're everywhere) and that's going to dumb down any conversation to some variation of "we rule, you drool!!!!!"

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login