2020 Presidential Election thread

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 3:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Bernie endorsing Biden...  Do these people have no principles? 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 3:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Same as Cruz four years ago. The correct answer is that they are career politicians and, therefore, having no principles is part of the job.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 3:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

He's ideologically consistent, but we already knew that guy would, at the end of the day, act in self-interest.  He did it last time.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 10:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

The good news for Biden is that he gets to learn about this anew each morning. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 13, 2020 10:52 PM

ICL pretending republicans don’t endorse other republicans when they drop out lmao

Mon, Apr 13, 2020 11:00 PM
posted by jmog

Comparing a terrorist attack to a flu virus is asinine.

Comparing a flu like virus to a flu virus actually makes common sense.

You KNOW that, but are just being obtuse to mess with QO.

I'm not being obtuse. Not taking aggressive measures against coronovirus because flu kills a lot of people makes as much sense in not thwarting terrorism because flu kills more people. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 6:38 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

ICL pretending republicans don’t endorse other republicans when they drop out lmao

I’m not pretending that. Bernie is barely a Democrat, is fucking 80, and got fucked over by that party in 2 elections. When does a person actually think fuck you, I’m not playing this game anymore. He barely has a career left, you’d think at some point he’d actually grow a pair. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 8:15 AM
posted by iclfan2

I’m not pretending that. Bernie is barely a Democrat, is fucking 80, and got fucked over by that party in 2 elections. When does a person actually think fuck you, I’m not playing this game anymore. He barely has a career left, you’d think at some point he’d actually grow a pair. 

I know you know this, but it’s called politics man. That’s what they do. Both parties. 
None of those republicans in 2016 liked trump or were anything like trump. Once they dropped out they started endorsing him. It’s pathetic all around but it’s how they roll. 

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I know you know this, but it’s called politics man. That’s what they do. Both parties. 
None of those republicans in 2016 liked trump or were anything like trump. Once they dropped out they started endorsing him. It’s pathetic all around but it’s how they roll. 

Yea, I totally get it. And if people still had 20 years left in politics, I'd do it too. Just seemed like a perfect time for Bernie to ride out with his middle fingers held high. Just seems like such a wuss move. But you know these people are fucked up when they still want to be going to work in their 70's. A sane person would want out of that shit as soon as possible (especially with how much money they have).

Probably why I could never be in politics. Hate kissing ass, and definitely couldn't do it for 45 years, constantly getting bulldozed by the DNC. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 11:35 AM
posted by iclfan2

Yea, I totally get it. And if people still had 20 years left in politics, I'd do it too. Just seemed like a perfect time for Bernie to ride out with his middle fingers held high. Just seems like such a wuss move. But you know these people are fucked up when they still want to be going to work in their 70's. A sane person would want out of that shit as soon as possible (especially with how much money they have).

Probably why I could never be in politics. Hate kissing ass, and definitely couldn't do it for 45 years, constantly getting bulldozed by the DNC. 

Power's an addiction, man. We live in a world where these cranky old rich dudes like Biden, Bernie and Trump get treated like they're super-cool rock stars by all their idiot supporters, who spin anything they say and do as some positive sign of how they "get it". And when you consider how their "work" is a bunch of rich people arguing about how to divvy up all the monies, it's less "going to work in their 70s" and more like being an entertainer still doing movies, concerts, athletics past their prime because people will still pay to see them play and they can't get enough of the spotlight.

One of those things where it's all so stupid, I don't even know where to begin.

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 1:35 PM

Watching Cuomo and Trump go at it is like watching two preschoolers fight over sandbox toys.  "You're not the boss of me!"

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 1:44 PM
posted by Heretic

Power's an addiction, man.

I wonder how hard some of them actually work.  Bernie is pretty much unopposed at home, so he doesn't have to spend the time campaigning (for Senate) or visiting his constituents (which is how AOC was able to knock-off what's his name).  Obviously he busted his ass running for POTUS, but I don't think he ever expected to be more than a footnote and suddenly he found himself with multi-million dollar bookdeals. 

Last year, they had 87 days off, which works out to 11 weeks vacation plus 10 holidays.  Their staff do most of the work, until it's time to go in front of the cameras, waive your hands and shout from rooftops.  And, as an Independent caucusing with the Dems, I'm not sure Bernie ever had much input into crafting legislation, just vote however the Dems are supposed to vote.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 7:47 PM

My guess is that Obama HAD to endorse Biden because the Dems and Biden are out of money.

Biden campaign on life support and Obama was pressured to do it 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 7:57 PM
posted by Spock

My guess is that Obama HAD to endorse Biden because the Dems and Biden are out of money.

He was always going to endorse the Dem nominee, but you might have a point about the money.  I thought it was far from optimum to do it now with the pandemic sucking all the oxygen out of the news cycle.

Biden could also make a big deal about equal time so he gets some free coverage.  But I'm not sure his campaign wants him on the tv that much.  And now that I think about it, getting into the race late wasn't a big deal but even after he did he wasn't doing nearly as many events as others.

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Apr 14, 2020 10:48 PM
posted by gut

He was always going to endorse the Dem nominee, but you might have a point about the money.  I thought it was far from optimum to do it now with the pandemic sucking all the oxygen out of the news cycle.

Biden could also make a big deal about equal time so he gets some free coverage.  But I'm not sure his campaign wants him on the tv that much.  And now that I think about it, getting into the race late wasn't a big deal but even after he did he wasn't doing nearly as many events as others.

True....no money, no air time, he is basically forgotten about.  Obama is the only person in the country that can get him free press without him actually going on TV and looking like the zombie that he is.

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 6:14 AM

Wtf is Biden saying here?

https://twitter.com/jimhansondc/status/1250905956080398336?s=21

What is going to happen in a debate without a teleprompter? He does not seem healthy from a mental standpoint.

Another one: https://twitter.com/realdailywire/status/1250991576567836672?s=21

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 8:00 AM

Biden is in the business of word salads.

You know this isnt good by the way his wife acts.  Matter of fact, she is there to help if he freezes up

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 8:14 AM
posted by iclfan2

Wtf is Biden saying here?

https://twitter.com/jimhansondc/status/1250905956080398336?s=21

What is going to happen in a debate without a teleprompter? He does not seem healthy from a mental standpoint.

Another one: https://twitter.com/realdailywire/status/1250991576567836672?s=21

They will provide him softball questions and limit his time to speak.  There is no doubt they will do whatever they can to assist him.  

I have said it numerous times, but it is legitimately uncomfortable watching Biden try to speak right now.  I could tell from the beginning of his campaign he lost his fastball, but I think it actually has gotten worse.  He has the luxury of being home and multiple hours to prep for these softball interviews too. 

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 9:25 AM
posted by like_that

They will provide him softball questions and limit his time to speak.  There is no doubt they will do whatever they can to assist him.  

I have said it numerous times, but it is legitimately uncomfortable watching Biden try to speak right now.  I could tell from the beginning of his campaign he lost his fastball, but I think it actually has gotten worse.  He has the luxury of being home and multiple hours to prep for these softball interviews too

And they are still cringe worthy.  In a debate, one of 2 things is gonna happen.  He is going to word salad every answer (Trump should just shut up and let Biden look like a fool...even though Trump cant help himself) or Biden is gonna get all "hey lets do push ups or go out back and fist fight.....then it will be over.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Apr 17, 2020 9:50 AM
posted by Spock

Obama will be endorsing the shit out of Biden once he names his wife, the she male, Michelle his VP running mate.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login