2020 Presidential Election thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 12:40 PM
posted by Spock

Trump has basically done such a good job with handling this he has the Dems are basically arguing for cornonavirus rights at this point.

No man...

I don't even know what you talking about....

He has not. His Wed night speech was a disaster. He keeps saying the wrong and inaccurate shit too.

Also, Just watch how he talks about vs. how governors and other health experts talk about. 

I watched Gov. Hogan of Maryland yesterday and it is like holy shit, this is what an adult and leader sounds like. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Trump has done an excellent job.  His immediate decisiveness to shut down travel from China saved thousands of lives.  Today’s press briefing was also excellent and the assembled team is doing a great job.  Getting rid of regulatory burdens and barriers is exactly what is needed along with bringing in the private sector to solve the problem.  The market reacted accordingly as well:  +1,980.  We will get through this, despite the liberal panic promoters going off the deep end.  American people, American medical professional, and American businesses are solving the problem.  Thank God a massive government bureaucracy is not running all of health care; that would be a death knell.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Mar 14, 2020 5:57 AM

BuT TeH RePuBiLicAnS wOuLd Do/Do TeH SaMe ThInG!!!

Boogie biting on every post made my quaker and cc. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Mar 14, 2020 9:14 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I watched Gov. Hogan of Maryland yesterday and it is like holy shit, this is what an adult and leader sounds like. 

Keyword.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sat, Mar 14, 2020 10:48 AM

Yea....Joe Biden sounds like an old man stuttering his words about this stuff.

Spock Senior Member
Sun, Mar 15, 2020 10:54 PM

After this debate:

1.  Bernie wont ever see 1600 Penn. Ave.

2.  Biden lied about 5 times about his former record.  Btw....see #1 also.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 8:33 AM

My favorite clip from the debate was Biden confusing coronavirus with the swine flue and an AR-15 all at once.

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 8:49 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Trump has done an excellent job.  His immediate decisiveness to shut down travel from China saved thousands of lives.  Today’s press briefing was also excellent and the assembled team is doing a great job.  Getting rid of regulatory burdens and barriers is exactly what is needed along with bringing in the private sector to solve the problem.  The market reacted accordingly as well:  +1,980.  We will get through this, despite the liberal panic promoters going off the deep end.  American people, American medical professional, and American businesses are solving the problem.  Thank God a massive government bureaucracy is not running all of health care; that would be a death knell.

God, you sound very dear leader life praising Trump like he is the 2nd coming of Christ. 

I'll give Trump credit, he has gotten better at this. But, still, he contradicts shit the experts say and he is about 2-3 weeks late on some of this stuff. 

posted by Spock

Yea....Joe Biden sounds like an old man stuttering his words about this stuff.

I was referring to Governor Hogan, not Biden. But, I think Governors have replaced the President in terms of leadership on this. I've been impressed with Dewine as well. 

posted by Spock

After this debate:

1.  Bernie wont ever see 1600 Penn. Ave.

2.  Biden lied about 5 times about his former record.  Btw....see #1 also.

Agreed on 1. Given your lean and take on things...I'll take 2 with a grain of salt. 

posted by jmog

My favorite clip from the debate was Biden confusing coronavirus with the swine flue and an AR-15 all at once.

I caught a few mins of it. Biden was fine. He could have been better. He did seem old in some spots, no excuse there.  

Interesting he actually said he was going to pick a female VP. We all thought he was going to do that and then he said for sure he is. 

I'm guessing it is Amy Klobuchar.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 10:10 AM
posted by jmog

I caught a few mins of it. Biden was fine. He could have been better. He did seem old in some spots, no excuse there.  

Interesting he actually said he was going to pick a female VP. We all thought he was going to do that and then he said for sure he is. 

1. Biden's not "fine", no way to watch all of his speeches and believe he is "fine". 

2. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Warren, she may help him get the "Bernie Bros" back out to vote in the general this time. 

And with Biden's rather severe decline into dementia over the last few years, his VP maybe POTUS before 4 years anyway. Even if just acting POTUS while Biden is still the "face". 

I am sorry ptown, usually you are pretty level headed, but no way to believe Biden is "fine" when it comes to being "all there" over the last couple months. WAY too many times he is just mumbling over his words, completely messing up speeches/lines/etc.

I mean his "quote" of the Declaration of Independence a week or 2 ago was just plain awful. 

I watched my grandpa go through dementia, when he was at this point that Biden is now. He could still go out and do things (we still golfed every Saturday in the summer) but couldn't remember much, would mess up what he wanted to say, etc...he had about 2 years left to live (he passed last summer). Also, he went down hill pretty fast in the "all there" department. 

Having watched both my grandpa and his wife go through this, as well as my great-grandpa on my other side go through alzheimer's, I am sorry, but Biden is NOT "all there" and not "fine".

He is the least "fine" mentally of any of the democratic candidates that were running. 

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 10:56 AM

Biden is a 1 term president who is likely an empty suit the first term.  He is planted firmly in the swamp of special interest and his experience as VP is borderline criminal.

If I were Pete or Warren, I would announce that my campaign is back on today and go on the personal attack mode on the 2 old guys that were wearing suits last night

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:32 AM
posted by jmog

1. Biden's not "fine", no way to watch all of his speeches and believe he is "fine". 

2. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Warren, she may help him get the "Bernie Bros" back out to vote in the general this time. 

And with Biden's rather severe decline into dementia over the last few years, his VP maybe POTUS before 4 years anyway. Even if just acting POTUS while Biden is still the "face". 

I am sorry ptown, usually you are pretty level headed, but no way to believe Biden is "fine" when it comes to being "all there" over the last couple months. WAY too many times he is just mumbling over his words, completely messing up speeches/lines/etc.

I mean his "quote" of the Declaration of Independence a week or 2 ago was just plain awful. 

I watched my grandpa go through dementia, when he was at this point that Biden is now. He could still go out and do things (we still golfed every Saturday in the summer) but couldn't remember much, would mess up what he wanted to say, etc...he had about 2 years left to live (he passed last summer). Also, he went down hill pretty fast in the "all there" department. 

Having watched both my grandpa and his wife go through this, as well as my great-grandpa on my other side go through alzheimer's, I am sorry, but Biden is NOT "all there" and not "fine".

He is the least "fine" mentally of any of the democratic candidates that were running. 

Fair observation. My observation is he has just sounded better over the last 2 weeks compared to last year.  I'm more in the wait and see mode with him. I do acknowledge the age and his mental state is important to track and raise questions. I'm just not in the oh my God he is mentally unstable and drop out mode yet. 

posted by Spock

Biden is a 1 term president who is likely an empty suit the first term.  He is planted firmly in the swamp of special interest and his experience as VP is borderline criminal.

If I were Pete or Warren, I would announce that my campaign is back on today and go on the personal attack mode on the 2 old guys that were wearing suits last night

Cool conspiracy bro. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:13 PM

Fair observation. My observation is he has just sounded better over the last 2 weeks compared to last year.  I'm more in the wait and see mode with him. I do acknowledge the age and his mental state is important to track and raise questions. I'm just not in the oh my God he is mentally unstable and drop out mode yet.  

Mentally unstable is different than dementia. No one is saying he is crazy/nuts. They are saying his mental acuity/memory/etc is in a heavy decline since he was VP. Based on my non-medical opinion having seen multiple family members go through exactly this type of decline.

He is in the 2-7 years left window right now. 

If you look at the "stages" listed in this link, he is at least in stage 3, most likely stage 4.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:32 PM
posted by jmog

Mentally unstable is different than dementia. No one is saying he is crazy/nuts. They are saying his mental acuity/memory/etc is in a heavy decline since he was VP. Based on my non-medical opinion having seen multiple family members go through exactly this type of decline.

If you look at the "stages" listed in this link, he is at least in stage 3, most likely stage 4.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:35 PM
posted by jmog

I'm not a doctor, but I've also seen a few family members end-up with dementia/alzheimers, and 2-7 years is probably pretty accurate.

And, yes, there's a very noticeable difference between old age forgetfulness, or simply misspeaking, or confused because you're tired.  All those verbal miscues still have an underlying cogence.  While dementia is similar, it's miscues are usually nonsensical, and if you've seen someone go thru dementia you know what I'm talking about.  Joe has always been a gaffe machine, but a number of them recently have been nonsensical.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by O-Trap

My bad. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dementiacarecentral.com/aboutdementia/facts/stages/amp/

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:46 PM

I'd also add, Biden has lashed out very aggressively at voters at least 2 or 3 times (that have been caught on tape).  And that is, again, a huge red flag of someone who's already advanced past the earliest stages of dementia.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:05 PM
posted by gut

I'd also add, Biden has lashed out very aggressively at voters at least 2 or 3 times (that have been caught on tape).  And that is, again, a huge red flag of someone who's already advanced past the earliest stages of dementia.

Agreed 100%.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:13 PM

Going to be 100% candor here.

Assuming we are narrowed down to 2 candidates (sorry, even as a libertarian in belief, that party is absolutely terrible), and therefore I have to choose someone who is closer to my viewpoints and/or brings dignity to the office (won't start unneeded wars, etc)....

The only Ds I could have voted for over Trump were Tulsi Gabbard and Biden from 4 years ago. I would have voted for Biden over Trump, given it was the Biden of a few years ago. Mayor Pete was close, until he took the hard left turn to gain democratic base votes.

I am someone who voted for Clinton in 1996 in my first election, and Obama in his first (sorry, couldn't let Palin be a heartbeat away from the POTUS). 

I also routinely vote for democratic legislatures.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 1:47 PM
posted by jmog

agree

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 2:04 PM

All the pandering. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login