posted by justincredible

Bill Weld can GFH.

Go on....

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 6:00 PM
posted by justincredible

Bill Weld can GFH.

he has no chance......Let Trump sharpen the debate tactics on this JV candidate...when its time for the Varsity debate he will be ready

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 6:21 PM
posted by Spock

he has no chance......Let Trump sharpen the debate tactics on this JV candidate...when its time for the Varsity debate he will be ready

But if Kasich jumps in Trump's nomination is not a sure thing.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 7:11 PM
posted by gut

But if Kasich jumps in Trump's nomination is not a sure thing.

Coming from Ohio....think that.  Nobody outside of Ohio is voting for him.  Even dems are gonna get scared about pulling the lever against trump in this economy.   

gut Senior Member
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 7:28 PM
posted by Spock

Coming from Ohio....think that.  Nobody outside of Ohio is voting for him.  Even dems are gonna get scared about pulling the lever against trump in this economy.   

Trump didn't reach 45% of the vote in the primaries.  Without several people splitting the rest of the votes, it's hardly inconceivable someone like Kasich could beat him.

BoatShoes Senior Member
5,991 posts 23 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 10:45 PM
posted by gut

Trump didn't reach 45% of the vote in the primaries.  Without several people splitting the rest of the votes, it's hardly inconceivable someone like Kasich could beat him.

Things are different now. Trump is enormously popular with the GOP base and would destroy John Kasich who is now unpopular with many Republicans even in Ohio. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Apr 17, 2019 11:02 PM
posted by BoatShoes

Things are different now. Trump is enormously popular with the GOP base and would destroy John Kasich who is now unpopular with many Republicans even in Ohio. 

Maybe.  His approval has actually slipped a bit among Repubs.  It might be only be 10 points, but the reality is over half of Republican voters went with someone else in the primaries.

I wouldn't mistake a Republican telling a pollster they approve of Trump as evidence that person wouldn't vote for another Republican in a primary.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 6:52 AM

Ok so I've started looking more into Mayor Pete. Now I have to wonder if I wasn't mistaken when I said that he doesn't lead with "I'm gay!". Not sure if that's because I wasn't paying attention to him or if this is a new thing, because he's certainly doing it now. It also could be that his campaign people are pushing him into this, I don't know.

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 7:10 AM
posted by gut

Maybe.  His approval has actually slipped a bit among Repubs.  It might be only be 10 points, but the reality is over half of Republican voters went with someone else in the primaries.

I wouldn't mistake a Republican telling a pollster they approve of Trump as evidence that person wouldn't vote for another Republican in a primary.

How many people were running in that primary when he got that number? 3 or 4.....maybe 5 or 6?  In a two horse race he easily carries 60%+

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 7:20 AM
posted by BoatShoes

Yeah, he tried a little too hard to pander to the left, which pissed off a lot of people or rubbed them the wrong way.  I like Kasich, but some of the shit he recently has advocated for makes me skeptical.  He wouldn't be saying some of the shit he is saying if Trump was not in the WH imo.

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 8:06 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, he tried a little too hard to pander to the left, which pissed off a lot of people or rubbed them the wrong way.  I like Kasich, but some of the shit he recently has advocated for makes me skeptical.  He wouldn't be saying some of the shit he is saying if Trump was not in the WH imo.

Not to mention that Kasich is a self absorbed douchebag......

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 8:27 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Ok so I've started looking more into Mayor Pete. Now I have to wonder if I wasn't mistaken when I said that he doesn't lead with "I'm gay!". Not sure if that's because I wasn't paying attention to him or if this is a new thing, because he's certainly doing it now. It also could be that his campaign people are pushing him into this, I don't know.

I liked Mayor Pete the first couple times I saw him. Then he kept doubling down on this fake Mike Pence feud. It’s so ridiculous since every single thing on record is Pence talking about how they are friends, that Pete is a great mayor/civil servant. Pete just keeps saying “he hates me because I am gay”. 

He has really lost credibility. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 11:39 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Ok so I've started looking more into Mayor Pete. Now I have to wonder if I wasn't mistaken when I said that he doesn't lead with "I'm gay!".

Wait until he does a townhall on Fox, and when it's over he plants a big wet kiss on his husband.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 11:42 AM
posted by gut

Wait until he does a townhall on Fox, and when it's over he plants a big wet kiss on his husband.

Beats the tired old "hey let's watch two lesbians scissor for the millionth time!". Might be hot to watch!
;)

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 11:49 AM

I mean, it’s an election. He should be doing anything he can to differentiate himself from a marketing POV. And he IS gay, and that will help. He’s just being smart..

gut Senior Member
Thu, Apr 18, 2019 12:00 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I mean, it’s an election. He should be doing anything he can to differentiate himself from a marketing POV. And he IS gay, and that will help. He’s just being smart..

Well, yeah, otherwise he's just another white male.

Maybe Beto will come out as trans to take back some of his momentum.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 23, 2019 7:46 AM

So Elizabeth Warren thinks college debt should just be wiped out all together, and Bernie/ Kamala think felons currently in prison (including death row) should be able to vote. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 23, 2019 7:51 AM
posted by iclfan2

So Elizabeth Warren thinks college debt should just be wiped out all together, and Bernie/ Kamala think felons currently in prison (including death row) should be able to vote. 

Even fellow dems were like “uhhh...what?” On that Boston bomber answer. 

Then Pete B just responded “No” 

like I said, even though I don’t agree with everything Pete B believes/endorses, he seems to get “it” when it comes to this stuff. You cannot answer yes to that question, you just can’t. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 23, 2019 8:11 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Perhaps actual, workable answers to real-world problems could be a more productive way to go.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login