2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 12:29 PM

It's great that after nearly 4 years Trump is FINALLY concerned about transparency and honesty...

But he has no path to victory.  Concede and start the transition process, and then they can continue to look into voting irregularities.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 1:19 PM
posted by gut

It's great that after nearly 4 years Trump is FINALLY concerned about transparency and honesty...

But he has no path to victory.  Concede and start the transition process, and then they can continue to look into voting irregularities.

If Biden gets in there, nothing is being looked into.  They get away with all of it

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 1:22 PM
posted by Spock

If Biden gets in there, nothing is being looked into.  They get away with all of it

Biden can't stop the Republicans, particularly the ones in state legislators, from continuing to look into it.

He can replace Barr and tell the new AG not to pursue it, but that doesn't stop other parties.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 2:07 PM
posted by gut

.............. said big media

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 2:17 PM
posted by QuakerOats

.............. said big media

Do you honestly believe there are enough irregularities to overturn the vote in 3+ states to give the election to Trump?

And if you don't believe that, then why do you think he shouldn't concede?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 2:24 PM

I believe there is enough fraud that enough states could flip, if fully investigated.  Joe Biden did not receive 79 million legal votes; if you believe he did, you are a prospective buyer of land in the Everglades.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 2:52 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I believe there is enough fraud that enough states could flip, if fully investigated.  Joe Biden did not receive 79 million legal votes; if you believe he did, you are a prospective buyer of land in the Everglades.

Can you show the lawsuits that prove that? 

So far, you cannot. Case after case is getting laughed out of court. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I seriously doubt 3 individuals in 3 different states could accomplish enough to swing the margins.  It takes a Unabomber-level politard to risk 15+ years in jail because they care that much about the Presidential election.  I think it would be tough to find 1 person like that, much less 3 or more.

And along those same lines, there's no way a coordinated effort could be pulled off.  A few dozen people are all going to trust that no one snitches or screws up, and risk going to the clink for 15+ years?  No way is that going to happen.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:22 PM

posted by ptown_trojans_1

Can you show the lawsuits that prove that? 

So far, you cannot. Case after case is getting laughed out of court. 

Look, just because all these cases are being dismissed because "They cheated and we know it!!!!!" doesn't constitute legitimate proof and they can't raise their game beyond that level of argument AND just because Trump's at the stage where he is resorting to Senile Rudy as his main legal defense DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING; EVERYTHING IS FIXED AND OH THE REPUBLIC, SHEEPLE!!!!!!!

Lol.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:24 PM

I'm looking forward to 4 years of the far-right insisting Kamala isn't black....and has a penis.

Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:25 PM
posted by Heretic

Look, just because all these cases are being dismissed because "They cheated and we know it!!!!!" doesn't constitute legitimate proof and they can't raise their game beyond that level of argument AND just because Trump's at the stage where he is resorting to Senile Rudy as his main legal defense DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING; EVERYTHING IS FIXED AND OH THE REPUBLIC, SHEEPLE!!!!!!!

Lol.

Bruh, you know the Judges that dismiss all the cases are part of the deep state. 

Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:25 PM
posted by gut

I seriously doubt 3 individuals in 3 different states could accomplish enough to swing the margins.  It takes a Unabomber-level politard to risk 15+ years in jail because they care that much about the Presidential election.  I think it would be tough to find 1 person like that, much less 3 or more.

And along those same lines, there's no way a coordinated effort could be pulled off.  A few dozen people are all going to trust that no one snitches or screws up, and risk going to the clink for 15+ years?  No way is that going to happen.

Agreed. 

I mean if we go by the numbers, Clinton had closer margins in 2016 and could have made the same case...yet she did not. 

I would have loved to see this board if Clinton would have pulled the same shit in 2016. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:28 PM

I would have loved to see this board if Clinton would have pulled the same shit in 2016.

Right, she only spent 4 years calling Trump illegitimate and probably still claims Russia stole the election.

I can't imagine what some on this board will do when Trump does the same thing.

Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:29 PM
posted by gut

Right, she only spent 4 years calling Trump illegitimate and probably still claims Russia stole the election.

LOL. Touche. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:47 PM

posted by gut

I didn't claim it to be a conspiracy being run by a few people.  Sending out millions of mail in ballots with little to no accountability (in all the right places) is far and away a better way to achieve the desired result.
QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:49 PM
posted by gut

The people who claimed for the last four years that Trump/Russia stole the election, are now telling us that our elections have never been more secure and no one should question the current results. 

The hypocrisy is immeasurable. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 3:51 PM
posted by gut

Herein lies the problem with most big conspiracy theories - the likelihood that dozens or hundreds of people could cooperatively work together and then keep completely quiet about it.  Not possible.  If this uber secret election stealing apparatus does exist, why didn't it steal the 2016 election away from Trump as well?  This is fake moon landing stuff.  That doesn't mean every last vote was legitimate.  That isn't possible either.  I'm sure somewhere someone cast an illegal vote for Trump as well.  But the law of large numbers makes those kind of cases mute.  

The guy lost the election.  Show a good example and pull for Biden to succeed.  Our country needs that.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 4:08 PM

I don't believe Trump stole the last election, nor do I believe this one stolen.

But the continuous tears.....love to see it.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 4:48 PM
posted by Automatik

I don't believe Trump stole the last election, nor do I believe this one stolen.

But the continuous tears.....love to see it.

I do find it strange that trump lost the last election by 3 million popular votes and defeated Hillary by the same number of electoral votes that he is now down  to Biden even tho he lost this one by 5 million popular votes 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 5:16 PM

Agreed. 

I mean if we go by the numbers, Clinton had closer margins in 2016 and could have made the same case...yet she did not. 

1. She spent the last 4 years saying Trump was not legitimate, so you really shouldn't use her as a high horse.

2. The Dems have done "this" before, or did you forget Gore back in 2000? 

3. Is there some fraud? Probably, enough to truly change the election? Most likely not. However, is there an issue with checking and double checking? I mean its actually not the norm to know the winner the night of the election because of things like this. Biden will be President, no reason not to verify everything first. 

4. It is hilarious for you to act like democrats have not in the past, and would not do the same thing given their actual history, especially over the last 4 years. Come back to reality.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login