2020 Presidential Election thread

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:06 PM
posted by geeblock

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

Notice that report is perceived possible threats rather than actual documented violence over the last 4-5 years. The pendulum is far swung to the left in documented violence.

When we see the proud boys and KKK burning down cities and shooting innocent people on the daily news, we can talk.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:10 PM
posted by justincredible

How 'bout it?

I don't see any of the reds that fall to Biden but Michigan and Arizona are blues that can go to Trump.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 6:23 PM
posted by jmog

I don't see any of the reds that fall to Biden but Michigan and Arizona are blues that can go to Trump.

Get your popcorn ready, because Trump is going to be ahead on election night and then all the usual suspects will take to the streets to burn shit down....despite the fact Biden might end-up winning days/weeks later after the mail in ballots are counted.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 7:01 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Well PA is a lot like midwestern states...  any rural place will have tons of Red voters. but luckily for Democrats, cornfields can’t vote.

Yea I get it but I’ve been going there for a long time and it wasn’t like this before to this extent. But I bet Armstrong county was a blowout for trump which is where I was

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 7:06 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Well PA is a lot like midwestern states...  any rural place will have tons of Red voters. but luckily for Democrats, cornfields can’t vote.

But they do feed a lot of people.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Sep 24, 2020 7:18 PM
posted by jmog

Arizona can and probably will go red  but PA and FL both can and PA probably will go blue  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 25, 2020 11:05 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-voter-fraud

If they are going to commit mail in ballot fraud in a commissioners race, imagine what they'll do in a US presidential race.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Has there ever been an election where someone campaigned less than Biden? I’m not even saying it’s a bad thing, probably a good strategy, but still seems strange compared to what we’ve seen in the recent past. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 10:06 AM
posted by iclfan2

Has there ever been an election where someone campaigned less than Biden? I’m not even saying it’s a bad thing, probably a good strategy, but still seems strange compared to what we’ve seen in the recent past. 

If you were his advisor, would you trot him out into open-ended commentary and discussion?  He's not up to that is nd of thing at all. This was the year to have someone like that too. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Kamala isn't out there, either (probably also a good thing).

I don't think it's a good strategy simply to bank on people voting for "not Trump".  Didn't work for Hillary, and I'm not sure it's enough to drive the turnout you need.

Presidential elections are so tightly contested that if even 2% of your base stays home, you lose.  And generally to get that 2% to turnout, you need to give them a better reason than just "not Trump".

gut Senior Member
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 1:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If you were his advisor, would you trot him out into open-ended commentary and discussion?  He's not up to that is nd of thing at all. This was the year to have someone like that too. 

We'll see.  One good debate performance will end all that talk.  And that may be all he needs.  But the polls are tightening every day, while Trump's approval/popularity continues to creep up [no pun intended] every day.  40 days out and things don't appear to be trending in a positive direction for Biden, at all.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 1:09 PM
posted by gut

We'll see.  One good debate performance will end all that talk.  And that may be all he needs.  But the polls are tightening every day, while Trump's approval/popularity continues to creep up [no pun intended] every day.  40 days out and things don't appear to be trending in a positive direction for Biden, at all.

I think the big mistake that the Republicans are making right now is painting Biden as a dementia riddled doddering old man.  They are setting the bar so low for him that if he doesn't just sit and drool during the debate, the media will paint it as a win.  

gut Senior Member
Sat, Sep 26, 2020 1:23 PM
posted by superman

I think the big mistake that the Republicans are making right now is painting Biden as a dementia riddled doddering old man.  They are setting the bar so low for him that if he doesn't just sit and drool during the debate, the media will paint it as a win.  

He doesn't need to convince the media and never has - they have been in the tank for him and covering for him since he emerged as the nominee.

What he needs is to convince people on the fence because they question his mental fitness.  I think those people have their own "bar" for him.

Regardless of how he does, I'm sure the Trump campaign will release ads attacking his mental fitness.  Sort of a greatest hits of Biden brain farts.  Might save those until the last minute so the Biden campaign can't respond with their video highlighting Trump's intellectual prowess.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Sep 27, 2020 9:17 AM

The lack of election year activity by Biden is unreal.  The debate will surely end up hurting him because he will have at least 1 moment where he loses it, says something stupid or misspeaks really bad.  Trump wont do that.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Sep 27, 2020 9:50 AM
posted by Spock

The lack of election year activity by Biden is unreal.  The debate will surely end up hurting him because he will have at least 1 moment where he loses it, says something stupid or misspeaks really bad.  Trump wont do that.

He does that nearly every time he tries to communicate.

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 28, 2020 10:21 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah, I agree the statement did not matter, but to dismiss it as fake is just so fucking cynical. 

It would be a better look for her if it was fake, TBH. Assuming she actually said it, it's a pretty dumb take for someone with such a keen and admired legal mind. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Sep 29, 2020 10:52 AM

the only reason why Biden is debating tonight is because there is no crowd.  His handlers wouldnt let him if there were 1,000 people there

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Sep 29, 2020 10:59 AM

posted by Spock

the only reason why Biden is debating tonight is because there is no crowd.  His handlers wouldnt let him if there were 1,000 people there

gut Senior Member
Tue, Sep 29, 2020 11:39 AM
posted by Spock

You gotta make more of an effort.  Say something like "if there was a crowd, he wouldn't be able to hear the answers fed thru his ear piece".

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 29, 2020 12:36 PM

So, Biden got nominated for the... *squints*.... Nobel Peace Prize?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login