NFL Playoff Thread

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Sun, Feb 3, 2019 10:14 PM
posted by Ironman92

Well, the NFL 100 commercial was 💯

Was that Baker that TB gave his rings to?

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 3, 2019 10:17 PM

The Verizon commercial wins ...awesome commercial

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 3, 2019 11:10 PM

The way I look at it is this....for 58 or so minutes the game was a one score affair.

I will take that every year in the super bowl. I remember that stretch where for many years it was a blowout, those games were boring.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 3, 2019 11:25 PM

That was annoying as shit watching them send Tracy Wolfson out there to get an interview wifh Brady who’s being pulled in eight different directions. Just fuck off for a moment. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:32 AM

That entire game sucked

vball10set paying it forward
26,788 posts 121 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:38 AM

game sucked, halftime sucked, and for the most part, the commercials sucked

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:41 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

yes

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 7:54 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

Passing the torch....

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 8:14 AM
posted by thavoice

The way I look at it is this....for 58 or so minutes the game was a one score affair.

I will take that every year in the super bowl. I remember that stretch where for many years it was a blowout, those games were boring.

That was the one silver lining of the entire game.  I would take that over a blowout, but the game did suck.

posted by friendfromlowry

That was annoying as shit watching them send Tracy Wolfson out there to get an interview wifh Brady who’s being pulled in eight different directions. Just fuck off for a moment. 

This.  They ruined that moment.  GTFO and let them breathe for a few minutes, smh.

posted by SportsAndLady

That entire game sucked

Yup, but overall the playoffs were fantastic.  Hell, the entire NFL season was really good imo and I am not saying that just because the Browns started to show some resemblance of a football team.  

posted by BR1986FB

Passing the torch....

God, I hope.

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 9:16 AM

I don’t mind defensive games, I think they’re somewhat enjoyable. But last nights game was just terrible football. There was one snap the entire game in the red zone. The Rams had what? 10 straight possessions with a punt? I don’t mind defensive games, but I can’t stand terrible offense. And that’s what we watched. Blah

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 9:33 AM

Actually agree with you guys. That game was horrible, it wasn’t like there were a lot of great defensive plays stopping the offense. I mean Christ when a QB gets a false start what more do you have to say about the offensive performance

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 9:43 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t mind defensive games, I think they’re somewhat enjoyable. But last nights game was just terrible football. There was one snap the entire game in the red zone. The Rams had what? 10 straight possessions with a punt? I don’t mind defensive games, but I can’t stand terrible offense. And that’s what we watched. Blah

I watched until halftime and it was a snoozefest, imo. Don't mind defensive games but not sure if the Rams defense was playing that well or that Brady looked that bad. He was clearly off....noticed that before Esiason even said it at halftime.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 10:15 AM

It wasn't a particularly exciting game.  But I will say a huge reason the Rams offense went  nowhere was the great NE defensive play.  Their secondary was outstanding.  You've got to respect that aspect of it.

I bet the Rams punter is tired this morning.  

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 11:16 AM

Didnt anyone notice that the biggest play from scrimmage for the Rams last night had a mysterious flag thrown to bring it back?  A call that nobody makes....EVER.  

Right when they were marching down the field in a 3-3 game?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 11:39 AM

That game was pure trash from start to finish. That includes the commercials, game, and halftime show. Pretty much a waste of 5 hours.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 11:40 AM

I'm with the "the game sucked" takes. I was at a party at a friend's place and noticed that at the beginning, I was into the game and as time went on, I was paying less and less attention and focusing more on shooting pool and throwing darts. Rams were so inept offensively that, if anything, it was a surprise that the game was so close. But still, it never really felt like the Rams were going to make any real noise, even when it was 3-3. Seemed like they were lucky to be in it and reality was going to assert itself at any moment.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 12:12 PM
posted by Heretic

I'm with the "the game sucked" takes. I was at a party at a friend's place and noticed that at the beginning, I was into the game and as time went on, I was paying less and less attention and focusing more on shooting pool and throwing darts. Rams were so inept offensively that, if anything, it was a surprise that the game was so close. But still, it never really felt like the Rams were going to make any real noise, even when it was 3-3. Seemed like they were lucky to be in it and reality was going to assert itself at any moment.

I still consider Brady the GOAT but last night, and the whole playoffs (versus Chargers & Chiefs) showed me why Belichick > Brady. Last night Brady didn't really have it but Belichick & his staffed game planned well enough to shut down the Rams offense. Even though Mahomes ended with good numbers, they managed him pretty well (held him to about a 50% completion %) and they basically punked the Chargers (offense played well there).

Brady still puts up decent numbers but he's becoming more of a game manager, imo.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Feb 4, 2019 1:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I still consider Brady the GOAT but last night, and the whole playoffs (versus Chargers & Chiefs) showed me why Belichick > Brady. Last night Brady didn't really have it but Belichick & his staffed game planned well enough to shut down the Rams offense. Even though Mahomes ended with good numbers, they managed him pretty well (held him to about a 50% completion %) and they basically punked the Chargers (offense played well there).

Brady still puts up decent numbers but he's becoming more of a game manager, imo.

I am not sure how you could watch their playoff games vs the Chargers and Chiefs and claim Brady is more of a game manager.

Mon, Feb 4, 2019 2:03 PM
posted by like_that

I am not sure how you could watch their playoff games vs the Chargers and Chiefs and claim Brady is more of a game manager.

Yeah I don’t get the game manager comment. He won that game for them vs Kansas City and was good vs the chargers too. 

Brady is definitely dwindling in his down-the-field passing ability but he’s still incredibly accurate and can still be an elite passer. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login