Covid-19 discussion, continued...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 14, 2022 10:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't remember anyone arguing with those two about vaccine passports.  That idea isn't anything new or "about to happen".  If you travel internationally, you need one.  If you want to go out to dinner in NYC, you need one.  There are plenty of examples.  I'm not arguing that they are doing much to help, but they aren't anything that hasn't been around for a long time now.  

Then you didn’t pay attention 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 2:17 PM

How are there still people wearing masks in their cars? Clowns. Most I see are alone, too. 

Lunch meetings are funny too. Some will wear a mask for the first hour, and then for the next half hour be maskless and eating/ talking. Even after it’s been widely reported that cloth masks offer little protection. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 2:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

Even after it’s been widely reported that cloth masks offer little protection. 

Anxious to see how the Chicago teachers process that bit of news.

Are we really going to start giving kids KN95's every day?  Despite being a terrible idea for many reasons, it would also cost @ $100M per day...

Now that Biden is tanking, the media is finally toning down the fearmongering and starting to report more responsibly.  Maybe the great national paranoia will finally start to subside.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:05 PM

clowns when vaccinated finally realize ride wont stop

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:16 PM

My wife’s work is now requiring KN95 masks. Meanwhile I work in a drs office and no one wears a mask but we do put a sign out asking visitors to wear a mask in common areas which they do not do. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:43 PM
posted by sportchampps

My wife’s work is now requiring KN95 masks. 

Is she a teacher? Are they paying for the masks? F that. 
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:56 PM
posted by iclfan2
Is she a teacher? Are they paying for the masks? F that. 

I don't envy people that have to make that call.  I think a lot of people have strong opinions about masks, and there's basically no policy that isn't going to piss off like half the employees.

And given that only KN95 do anything with omicron, it's long past time to stop bitching about people not wearing masks.

We don't do this shit for the flu, and omicron isn't even as bad as the flu (especially if you're vaccinated).

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:53 PM

Plus, IMO, the N95 masks are uncomfortable as fuck. I hate wearing them. I’ll still sometimes see someone working out wearing one. Idk how they do it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 3:09 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Plus, IMO, the N95 masks are uncomfortable as fuck. I hate wearing them. I’ll still sometimes see someone working out wearing one. Idk how they do it. 

I was a the gym yesterday and saw a couple of these.  One was a fairly old dude (80+), so I give him a pass - Covid is probably scary to him plus he's at a gym lifting weights at his age, so good on him for that.  But the others I saw were all younger than 40 or so and were working out hard.  They probably took in far more germs from gripping dirty barbells than breathing the air.  Seems like a horrible way to exercise.  

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Jan 17, 2022 4:25 PM

The fascination boner people have about masks is unreal.  The myth of asymptotic spread was debunked over a year ago

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 7:06 AM

Masks for liberals = maga hats for trumpers.  

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 8:34 AM

here's where i go with this debate now that i've got it and am trying to do treatments to get over it. 

1. we shouldn't be politicizing any treatment. I can't get monoclonal antibodies (they are out of the one that treats omicron and that's what i've got according to all the Dr.'s that i've asked) none of the hospitals or pharmacies have paxlovid, so i can't get that. Ivermectin is available but no one will give it to me because joe rogan isn't a doctor so i have been told. HOWEVER my sister in law takes ivermectin for some arthritis condition she has, so i have started taking hers as of yesterday and it may be placebo, but my breathing and cough are quite a bit better 24hours after taking it. My point is if there is nothing else available why can't you give me something that might not work, but definitely won't make me worse? 

2. Testing and treatment need to really ramp up if we ever want to be truly back to normal. like i said i couldn't be treated right now normally, unless i was admitted to a hospital. but it took me 2 days to get tested once i showed symptoms and  3 days to get my results back once i got swabbed. by the time i knew i had it (for sure, i was acting like i did as soon as the 104 fever started) my symptoms (aside from the cough and shortness of breath) were GONE.  someone else might not have been so lucky. whatever bottleneck is in place to slow that process down needs to be fixed ASAP.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM
posted by j_crazy

here's where i go with this debate now that i've got it and am trying to do treatments to get over it. 

1. we shouldn't be politicizing any treatment. I can't get monoclonal antibodies (they are out of the one that treats omicron and that's what i've got according to all the Dr.'s that i've asked) none of the hospitals or pharmacies have paxlovid, so i can't get that. Ivermectin is available but no one will give it to me because joe rogan isn't a doctor so i have been told. HOWEVER my sister in law takes ivermectin for some arthritis condition she has, so i have started taking hers as of yesterday and it may be placebo, but my breathing and cough are quite a bit better 24hours after taking it. My point is if there is nothing else available why can't you give me something that might not work, but definitely won't make me worse? 

2. Testing and treatment need to really ramp up if we ever want to be truly back to normal. like i said i couldn't be treated right now normally, unless i was admitted to a hospital. but it took me 2 days to get tested once i showed symptoms and  3 days to get my results back once i got swabbed. by the time i knew i had it (for sure, i was acting like i did as soon as the 104 fever started) my symptoms (aside from the cough and shortness of breath) were GONE.  someone else might not have been so lucky. whatever bottleneck is in place to slow that process down needs to be fixed ASAP.

Trump created three fantastic vaccines and Biden ended the pandemic.  What more are you expecting?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 12:08 PM
posted by j_crazy

To point #2, it would help if so many people stopped getting unnecessary tests.

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 12:14 PM
posted by like_that

To point #2, it would help if so many people stopped getting unnecessary tests.

to that point, i'm not allowed to go back to the office until i show a negative PCR. same thing with my kids going back to school. so there is 3 test that aren't necessarily "NEEDED" but are necessary.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 1:39 PM

My daughter sent me this

Some of you maybe interested or have friends that are

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 5:02 PM

Testing is a red herring,  it means nothing for 99% of people when they test positive.  They aren’t going to have anything more then cold symptoms.  

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 5:26 PM
posted by Fletch

Testing is a red herring,  it means nothing for 99% of people when they test positive.  They aren’t going to have anything more then cold symptoms.  

While I agree that omicron doesn’t seem severe I will say that at my tiny school our girl’s varsity basketball team has 12 players ….2 of those 12 have dads that have been on the vent for 44 days and one currently on day 37…..the 44 day is back to a walker and his life is changed forever 100% miracle. The dad on day 37 needs prayers more than ever for his potential and hopeful miracle. First guy was 51 years old 6’1 190 and current guy is 45 years old 6’3 215….neither unhealthy guys. Both unvaccinated.

So while your 99% isn’t going to be debated by me…..that 1% hurts and it’s a bit a slap in the face to those part of that 1%

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 8:00 PM

I know a handful of people that have had it over the last month. Nobody that needed to spend any time at the hospital but absolutely worse than just some cold symptoms. How people still say shit like that after 2 years is pretty crazy to me. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Jan 18, 2022 8:29 PM
posted by Fletch

J crazy seems pretty normal/typical dude and has a 104 fever and shortness of breath. You’ve had a lot of colds like that? 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login