Covid-19 discussion, continued...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:53 AM
posted by jmog

Hey friend from, did you really say COVID has killed hundreds of thousands...

About 400,000 people die from malaria each year. Not that far behind this COVID outbreak and malaria is every year. Many of the symptoms are the same. 

I am still trying to figure how out if you really believe malaria is not that bad, like it’s just the sniffles or something. 

Having traveled to China, India, and the Middle East before I have had to take the malaria prevention pills. One of my doctors made me watch a short video on malaria as a “better take these pills” warning.

Watching that video and watching my family go through COVID, you better fucking believe I am glad they had COVID and not malaria. 

Just to clarify, if you say that malaria kills about 400,000 a year, I assume you mean worldwide. If that is the case, the deaths from COVID over the last 9-10 months are at least over 600,000 worldwide. That number is probably low as we assume China and others are covering some numbers up. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:00 AM

No greater example of how jmog fudges with numbers, statistics, facts in order to back up his agenda then right there. Using US deaths for covid but worldwide deaths for malaria. 

I’ve been trying to tell you guys, jmog is a fucking DOUCHE

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:30 AM
posted by jmog

Hey friend from, did you really say COVID has killed hundreds of thousands...

About 400,000 people die from malaria each year. Not that far behind this COVID outbreak and malaria is every year. Many of the symptoms are the same. 

I am still trying to figure how out if you really believe malaria is not that bad, like it’s just the sniffles or something. 

Having traveled to China, India, and the Middle East before I have had to take the malaria prevention pills. One of my doctors made me watch a short video on malaria as a “better take these pills” warning.

Watching that video and watching my family go through COVID, you better fucking believe I am glad they had COVID and not malaria. 

Wow.

I can't help you here man, which is why I'm gonna let you argue this one with yourself. I need to cut the grass before it rains, not explain the difference between malaria vs covid like I'm talking to an eight year old. 

So to piggy back onto what others have already said, malaria kills 400K in countries where modern medicine/education aren't readily available. You realize that right? Probably not, but let's go on. You know how many it kills in America? Look it up yourself, but spoiler, it's about a handful. It was actually declared eliminated nearly 70 years ago. You're trying to figure out how I said malaria isn't that bad? Well that answer will continue to elude you because I never said it wasn't bad. So there you go making up more stuff, which is why I'm also done talking with you. 

400K die from malaria, but many more have died from Covid and continue to despite our most aggressive treatments/precautions. Do you know how many would die from malaria if the medication and education was available worldwide like it is here? Practically zero. You said yourself you took some pills before traveling, and didn't get it. If that's all it takes to prevent it, then maybe it's not that bad? 

Lastly, fuck off with the side effects. I never even brought up side effects, you did. I explained how some side effects are more significant on the condition of your body, and it went over your head. If you're in liver failure, probably shouldn't take Tylenol. If you're in respiratory failure (where your lungs are failing, just thought I should get ahead of the curve and explain what that means to you since you don't seem to understand anything else), probably shouldn't take hydroxy, according to the ODH. If anyone screwed up how side effects relate, it was you. Your response was to try and post a video (it didn't load on my mobile, or desktop Chrome/Edge) but I'll assume it was equally irrelevant. Don't try and bother posting it again, because I don't care. I know Covid is serious, I know malaria isn't in comparison, and I understand how side effects work. 

Good luck to you. 

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:34 AM
posted by Spock

Its hard to keep up with you when you literally dont make any valid point on why Ohio pulled this medicine.  THeir decisions can easily be dismantled.

If your logic about taking medicine for what it was intended for,  we would still be using cocaine then huh?  I mean that was a "medicine" at some point

Shut the fuck up already. I'd bother giving your posts more of a response, but then I remember yesterday you said you aren't using Google anymore because they manipulate their search results. So what's the point in further talking to a close-minded tool? I always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt on here, but there you on Twitter arguing with former students still looking like a jackass, so who knows what's going on with you. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:39 AM

This thread is going well.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:42 AM
posted by like_that

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dr-fauci-recommends-wearing-goggles-to-prevent-catching-the-coronavirus-2020-07-29?mod=nicole-lyn-pesce&link=sfmw_tw

I can't wait for the goggle vs no goggle arguments. 

Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:42 AM
posted by Ironman92

This thread is going well.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:44 AM

Well damn. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:55 AM

I'll post some positivity! 

My gf's family are all out of the woods after being infected in shitty Cancun. Median days for needed hospitalization is 5-8 and they are well beyond that. I will be very relieved when they are able to get the hell out of Mexico.

Some negativity....

A friends dad passed from is 2 days ago in Florida. He was older, but not old where you'd think damn... the flu would end him. That's now 3 friends who had relatives passed. Sucks man. And half the state probably thinks it's fake. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:57 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Shut the fuck up already. I'd bother giving your posts more of a response, but then I remember yesterday you said you aren't using Google anymore because they manipulate their search results. So what's the point in further talking to a close-minded tool? I always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt on here, but there you on Twitter arguing with former students still looking like a jackass, so who knows what's going on with you. 

Close minded because I am not going to let google control my information?  I think that its the opposite here, close minded people are just going to sheep around and let google close their mind for them.

As for the original topic (since you have reverted to attacking the posters here which means you have either ran out of things to post or you know you have lost the conversation), you still havent given a good reason why the government is limiting your health care choices.  

Thats the issue here, not the side affects of a FDA approved medicine.  We have now seen the rationing of health care for political purposes.  Not good.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:58 AM

I hope my friend with RA does not die soon from taking HCQ, maybe I misunderstood what they are taking and how often, but she should have seen all of these side effects years ago?

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:00 AM
posted by Spock

Close minded because I am not going to let google control my information?  I think that its the opposite here, close minded people are just going to sheep around and let google close their mind for them.

As for the original topic (since you have reverted to attacking the posters here which means you have either ran out of things to post or you know you have lost the conversation), you still havent given a good reason why the government is limiting your health care choices.  

Thats the issue here, not the side affects of a FDA approved medicine.  We have now seen the rationing of health care for political purposes.  Not good.

BIG PHARMA

BILL GATES IS EVIL

BIGGER AGENDA AMMIRITE!? 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:00 AM
posted by justincredible
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

You are not a good person, and will not be allow outside unless you have a mask, goggles, gloves, and your ID stating that you have taken Bill Gate's vaccine 
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:01 AM
posted by Automatik

BIG PHARMA

BILL GATES IS EVIL

BIGGER AGENDA AMMIRITE!? 

Not sure I buy the Bill Gates thing but the connection of Moderna and the NIH is a real thing.  

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:10 AM
posted by Spock

Or it just gets old having to deal with someone not understanding what we're talking about, or everything is a big conspiracy to get Trump out of office. Not enough hours in the day to keep you up to speed. 

"BTW......these side affects you keep listing about HCI arent "common".  Very rare.  60,000,000 prescription of this drug over the last 60 years and you just now are worried about it?  Glad I dont have Lupus."

I know those side effects aren't common with malaria, lupus, etc. That's exactly why I said it wasn't a big deal for the prescribing it for malaria. Or why verbal kint's friend will likely never experience it.

It's rich hearing how you're not going to let Google close your mind for you while citing Breitbart for everything else. "This search engine doesn't support my views but this far-right website does so they're fine!"

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Hermain Cain dies of Covid at age 74.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 11:19 AM
posted by justincredible

Which is most likely got from the fucking Tulsa rally. 

Sad, tragic, and maddening. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by justincredible

RIP. I wish we had the 9-9-9 tax plan.

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 12:31 PM
posted by like_that

RIP. I wish we had the 9-9-9 tax plan.

Infinitely better than the current scheme.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login