Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jul 28, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by jmog

I would agree with you if he had just messed up the math and that was it. If that was the case and we were still on him about it, we would have gone too far too long.

However, the fact that he repeatedly called other poster(s) stupid WHILE he messed up the math, makes it still rather funny and not over played.

I'm not defending him.  He made a jackass of himself.  I wasn't trying to make some big statement.  Just wanted to post a picture of a guy beating a horse.  

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 28, 2020 2:20 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I'm not defending him.  He made a jackass of himself.  I wasn't trying to make some big statement.  Just wanted to post a picture of a guy beating a horse.  

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 2:21 PM
posted by justincredible

There ya go.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 28, 2020 3:11 PM
posted by Verbal Kint
Cuomo is going to come out of this as the biggest hypocritical murdering piece of shit in the United States

Are you familiar with the current United States?  He's coming out like a saint.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 28, 2020 3:43 PM

I also laugh each time. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:20 PM

https://www.whio.com/home/coronavirus-whats-next-ohio-ohio-bans-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-covid-19/CDOQOBAWWVF6PG2LGTHXHMPRXI/

Why?  If someone wants a FDA approved drug that's been around for 50 years and they are paying for it......why should the state of Ohio stop you and your Dr.?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:36 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.whio.com/home/coronavirus-whats-next-ohio-ohio-bans-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-covid-19/CDOQOBAWWVF6PG2LGTHXHMPRXI/

Why?  If someone wants a FDA approved drug that's been around for 50 years and they are paying for it......why should the state of Ohio stop you and your Dr.?

ODH doesn’t want you using a drug to possibly treat Covid that also causes fatal heart arrhythmias, liver and kidney and blood disorders. Not that hard to understand unless you’re a Trump cock sucker such as yourself. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:38 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

ODH doesn’t want you using a drug to possibly treat Covid that also causes fatal heart arrhythmias, liver and kidney and blood disorders. Not that hard to understand unless you’re a Trump cock sucker such as yourself. 

So it’s ok for those side effects to treat malaria, but not ok with those side effects if it is treating COVID?

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:40 PM

Ohio hospitals reporting highest amount of Covid patients yet at 1,122. 31% are sick enough for ICU and 15% on vents. Hardly overwhelming. 

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:43 PM

Ohio hospitals reporting highest amount of Covid patients yet at 1,122. 31% are sick enough for ICU and 15% on vents. Hardly overwhelming. 

Don't tell that to the teacher unions. 

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:48 PM
posted by jmog

So it’s ok for those side effects to treat malaria, but not ok with those side effects if it is treating COVID?

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

CDC doesn’t list those same side effects for treating malaria. 

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:53 PM

My wife is convinced DeWine is going to announce a bar shutdown tomorrow.

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 16 reps Joined Mar 2015
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:55 PM
posted by justincredible

My wife is convinced DeWine is going to announce a bar shutdown tomorrow.

I think it'll be tough to get establishments to comply with another shutdown

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 9:56 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

CDC doesn’t list those same side effects for treating malaria. 

It’s the same drug, it has the same side effects regardless of why you are taking it.

Not to be rude, but did you not know that? If I take a Tylenol for a fever or for a knee ache, the possible side effects are exactly the same.

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:07 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I think it'll be tough to get establishments to comply with another shutdown

I know Kentucky just did one, I’m curious what compliance looks like on that order.

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:07 PM
posted by jmog

It’s the same drug, it has the same side effects regardless of why you are taking it.

Not to be rude, but did you not know that? If I take a Tylenol for a fever or for a knee ache, the possible side effects are exactly the same.

I guess the CDC just forgot to include where hydroxychloroquine could lead to heart arrhythmias, kidney and liver injury for malaria treatment then!! You should email them and be the same know it all jackass to them as you are on here.

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Also, they’ll just take their liquor license if they refuse to shut down. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:12 PM

I guess the CDC just forgot to include where hydroxychloroquine could lead to heart arrhythmias, kidney and liver injury for malaria treatment then!! You should email them and be the same know it all jackass to them as you are on here.

Sorry, I just thought it was common knowledge that the side effects for a medicine don’t change based on the reason you take it.

You are still putting the exact same chemical into your body. The biochemistry doesn’t change.

You can be a smart ass but this is a medical fact. 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Notice the side effects don’t change based on what you are taking it for, and this link specifically mentions malaria as the main reason for taking it.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychloroquine-side-effects.html

Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:29 PM
posted by jmog

Sorry, I just thought it was common knowledge that the side effects for a medicine don’t change based on the reason you take it.

You are still putting the exact same chemical into your body. The biochemistry doesn’t change.

You can be a smart ass but this is a medical fact. 

The side effects don't change (which I didn't say they did) but the drug interactions do based on the condition of your body, which are very different with Covid and malaria. If your lungs are already compromised, introducing this drug is possibly leading to damage to the other major organs. The drug doesn't seem to impact malaria patients the same way as it has Covid. Also, who cares? It's malaria. You're not getting it from the store or your child's daycare. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login