Covid-19 discussion, continued...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:34 PM
posted by friendfromlowry
The side effects don't change (which I didn't say they did) but the drug interactions do based on the condition of your body, which are very different with Covid and malaria. If your lungs are already compromised, introducing this drug is possibly leading to damage to the other major organs. The drug doesn't seem to impact malaria patients the same way as it has Covid. Also, who cares? It's malaria. You're not getting it from the store or your child's 
daycare. 

Malaria’s symptoms are fevers, chills, and flu-like symptoms, right from the CDC website.

Are you sure your body’s chemistry is so different between malaria and a flu like virus like COVID when the symptoms/reactions your body has are the same/similar?

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 10:37 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

CDC doesn’t list those same side effects for treating malaria. 

And you did say the side effects were different, you just tried to use the CDC as the evidence.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 11:04 PM

ODH doesn’t want you using a drug to possibly treat Covid that also causes fatal heart arrhythmias, liver and kidney and blood disorders. Not that hard to understand unless you’re a Trump cock sucker such as yourself. 

Pretty much all of the studies showing hydroxy is potentially dangerous have been garbage and/or using excessively high doses.

The Henry Ford study, which despite some criticisms (most likely due to the findings), was one of the better studies and found a significant positive effect and virtually no risks. And I don't believe they used zinc, but they did follow the recommended dose, and early in treatment (another key piece).

There are a whole host of things to be tested, and a lot of those trials were abandoned based on two completely forged studies that said it was dangerous.  But you have to look at it as a preventative, then early in treatment and then for more critical cases.  Look at it alone and with the other two drugs.  So 7 out of 8 trials that are different from what was recommended from the beginning don't invalidate the course of that 8th trial.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 29, 2020 11:09 PM

I agree with Lowry that jmog is a know-it-all jackass. 

As I’ve said before, he’s got to be the most miserable human being to be married to or friends with. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 12:16 AM
posted by jmog

And you did say the side effects were different, you just tried to use the CDC as the evidence.

Holy fuck man. I never said anything about them being different. I linked the CDC website which listed the few most prevalent side effects, none of which have anything to do with the heart, kidney, or liver. You know why that website doesn't list them? Because they aren't a big deal when treating malaria. You found a website that listed every single side effect, and proceeded to jack off about it. The benefits of taking hydroxy outweigh the risks, so no one gives a shit. Just like if you take Tylenol for your head or knee, it may give you diarrhea, but it probably won't. Or, it may not be good on your liver if it's already damaged. Just like hydroxy might be messing with Covid patients with already affected lungs. Crazy! The benefits - according to people much smarter than us - don't seem to outweigh the risks with Covid, so they don't think you should do it. That's all I've been saying, you made up this side effect debate out of nowhere.  It's really not that hard, and perhaps stop being such a prick about it. So to answer your original question about the side effects in regards to Covid and Malaria, yeah it is okay, because hardly anyone taking hydroxy for malaria are also having heart arrhythmias. Else, it wouldn't be such a widely accepted treatment.

As for your other mumbo jumbo, did you really suggest malaria and Covid affect the body similarly? Let's recap: one has killed hundreds of thousands despite some of the most aggressive precautions/treatments possible. It inexplicably and rapidly deteriorates people of all age, gender, and ethnicity. The other is pretty widely treatable and preventable. Don't travel to Africa, and you probably won't ever have a problem with it. Didn't your entire fucking family have Covid? At any point did you find yourself thinking "Thank God it's only Covid and not malaria!!" 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 3:03 AM
posted by justincredible

I know Kentucky just did one, I’m curious what compliance looks like on that order.

As long as the bars host a protest event that fits one of the approved progressive causes, they will be fine. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 7:51 AM
The side effects don't change (which I didn't say they did) but the drug interactions do based on the condition of your body, which are very different with Covid and malaria. If your lungs are already compromised, introducing this drug is possibly leading to damage to the other major organs. The drug doesn't seem to impact malaria patients the same way as it has Covid. Also, who cares? It's malaria. You're not getting it from the store or your child's daycare. 

THat should be left up to the Dr and the patient........not giving them that option its BS.  BTW......these side affects you keep listing about HCI arent "common".  Very rare.  60,000,000 prescription of this drug over the last 60 years and you just now are worried about it?  Glad I dont have Lupus.

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Holy fuck man. I never said anything about them being different. I linked the CDC website which listed the few most prevalent side effects, none of which have anything to do with the heart, kidney, or liver. You know why that website doesn't list them? Because they aren't a big deal when treating malaria. You found a website that listed every single side effect, and proceeded to jack off about it. The benefits of taking hydroxy outweigh the risks, so no one gives a shit. Just like if you take Tylenol for your head or knee, it may give you diarrhea, but it probably won't. Or, it may not be good on your liver if it's already damaged. Just like hydroxy might be messing with Covid patients with already affected lungs. Crazy! The benefits - according to people much smarter than us - don't seem to outweigh the risks with Covid, so they don't think you should do it. That's all I've been saying, you made up this side effect debate out of nowhere.  It's really not that hard, and perhaps stop being such a prick about it. So to answer your original question about the side effects in regards to Covid and Malaria, yeah it is okay, because hardly anyone taking hydroxy for malaria are also having heart arrhythmias. Else, it wouldn't be such a widely accepted treatment.

As for your other mumbo jumbo, did you really suggest malaria and Covid affect the body similarly? Let's recap: one has killed hundreds of thousands despite some of the most aggressive precautions/treatments possible. It inexplicably and rapidly deteriorates people of all age, gender, and ethnicity. The other is pretty widely treatable and preventable. Don't travel to Africa, and you probably won't ever have a problem with it. Didn't your entire fucking family have Covid? At any point did you find yourself thinking "Thank God it's only Covid and not malaria!!" 

Jmog= wrecked 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:03 AM
The side effects don't change (which I didn't say they did) but the drug interactions do based on the condition of your body, which are very different with Covid and malaria. If your lungs are already compromised, introducing this drug is possibly leading to damage to the other major organs. The drug doesn't seem to impact malaria patients the same way as it has Covid. Also, who cares? It's malaria. You're not getting it from the store or your child's daycare. 

You do realize that the amount taken, dosage and how many days these aptients were taking this drug caused literally no side affects in any of them?  Did this drug taken over the past few months kill anyone?  Nope.

Fauci and the NIH dont want this drug taken.  Its not for medical or moral issues.  Its financial.  They want that vaccine from Moderna to be the cure all.  NIH owns part of that company.  Follow the $ people.  We are being misguided in the medical world and that is a dangerous game.

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 16 reps Joined Mar 2015
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:12 AM
posted by Spock

You do realize that the amount taken, dosage and how many days these aptients were taking this drug caused literally no side affects in any of them?  

I think his point is that the drugs effectiveness is debatable, which makes the administration of it possibly pointless and potentially harmful.

To use his prior Tylenol analogy, I'd liken it to getting a headache, taking Tylenol, still having a headache and then subsequently developing a side effect (diarrhea).

At that point you'd be worse off than you were in the first place.

Which reminds me, can you go take some Tylenol? 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:16 AM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I think his point is that the drugs effectiveness is debatable, which makes the administration of it possibly pointless and potentially harmful.

To use his prior Tylenol analogy, I'd liken it to getting a headache, taking Tylenol, still having a headache and then subsequently developing a side effect (diarrhea).

At that point you'd be worse off than you were in the first place.

I think the point is, the state of Ohio shouldnt be making that decision on a FDA approved drug for you.  You and your Dr. can make that decision.  

I think that is a fair stance to take.  

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:21 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I agree with Lowry that jmog is a know-it-all jackass. 

As I’ve said before, he’s got to be the most miserable human being to be married to or friends with. 

You obviously have no self reflection and/or have never read one of your own posts.

Friends post wasn’t as bad as Spock’s calling someone stupid while doing the math wrong, but it was in the same neighborhood. He was making fun of people talking about the drug while completely screwing up how side effects work.

I understand the arithmetic Spock screwed up was like 4th grade level and the biology/biochemistry friend screwed up is more high school/college level material, but the issue of making fun of someone else while being totally wrong is the same.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:21 AM
posted by Spock

THat should be left up to the Dr and the patient........not giving them that option its BS.  BTW......these side affects you keep listing about HCI arent "common".  Very rare.  60,000,000 prescription of this drug over the last 60 years and you just now are worried about it?  Glad I dont have Lupus.

What the hell are you going on about now? I wasnt worried about the side effects for treating what the drug has been intended to treat for 60 years. I was giving you some type of insight why the ODH might be pulling it. Try to keep up dumbass. 
jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:23 AM

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jmog= wrecked 

Only if you have no idea what you are talking about, and since you are SnL that is highly likely.

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Lol jmog falling apart. Ya love to see it 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:31 AM
What the hell are you going on about now? I wasnt worried about the side effects for treating what the drug has been intended to treat for 60 years. I was giving you some type of insight why the ODH might be pulling it. Try to keep up dumbass. 

Its hard to keep up with you when you literally dont make any valid point on why Ohio pulled this medicine.  THeir decisions can easily be dismantled.

If your logic about taking medicine for what it was intended for,  we would still be using cocaine then huh?  I mean that was a "medicine" at some point

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 16 reps Joined Mar 2015
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:34 AM
posted by Spock

Its hard to keep up with you when you literally dont make any valid point 

We all feel the same way about you, pretty much all of the time 

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:35 AM
posted by Spock

Its hard to keep up with you when you literally dont make any valid point on why Ohio pulled this medicine.  THeir decisions can easily be dismantled.

If your logic about taking medicine for what it was intended for,  we would still be using cocaine then huh?  I mean that was a "medicine" at some point

*Brb, gonna go bash my head on a wall*

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:37 AM

Hey friend from, did you really say COVID has killed hundreds of thousands...

About 400,000 people die from malaria each year. Not that far behind this COVID outbreak and malaria is every year. Many of the symptoms are the same. 

I am still trying to figure how out if you really believe malaria is not that bad, like it’s just the sniffles or something. 

Having traveled to China, India, and the Middle East before I have had to take the malaria prevention pills. One of my doctors made me watch a short video on malaria as a “better take these pills” warning.

Watching that video and watching my family go through COVID, you better fucking believe I am glad they had COVID and not malaria. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login