Belly's daily question? 04-24-2020

Belly35 Elderly Intellectual
10,015 posts 56 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:11 PM

Blazer our goldendoodle 4 years old is loving this quarantine, he is getting spoiled.  

Is your pet or pets getting spoiled? 

Any explanation would be helpful.     

He now is permitted on the couch, eating table scraps, and the idea that the wife and I are there to petting him... he is loving it..

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Never spoiled a pet, nor will I/we. We have 1 cat. He gets food and water, a treat when we want to.

He's indoors, as he has been since we got him in 2012 -- adopted him after his mom got hit by a car as a kitten a few days old. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:49 PM

My dogs are all old and have stopped giving a shit about what we tell them to do. One of them barks, incessantly, for no reason. Another one is on 4 different medications and likes to eat poop. The other one is pretty good, she's just a lunatic around other dogs. 

We are definitely not spoiling them. And since I've been home with them all day for 6 weeks, I'm starting to like the two of them a lot less.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:56 PM

Our dog has always been spoiled so no real change there. Our cats are like "wtf are you doing home every day in OUR house? Are you going back to work soon?"

SnotBubbles Master of teh QQ
4,533 posts 49 reps Joined Apr 2011
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:57 PM
posted by justincredible

My dogs are all old and have stopped giving a shit about what we tell them to do. One of them barks, incessantly, for no reason. Another one is on 4 different medications and likes to eat poop. The other one is pretty good, she's just a lunatic around other dogs. 

We are definitely not spoiling them. And since I've been home with them all day for 6 weeks, I'm starting to like the two of them a lot less.

Is your dog named Larry Barkin?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 12:58 PM
posted by SnotBubbles

Is your dog named Larry Barkin?

Lol, no, but that is pretty funny.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Our Maltese is 14 years old and seems to be a combination of justincredible’s dogs (barking for no reason and eating other animal’s shit). She sleeps like 18 hours a day. So life has been pretty normal these days for her. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:14 PM
posted by justincredible

My dog is almost 14 and is the same way. He gets bossier the older he gets. He never used to beg for people food, and now he throws a fit as soon as we sit down to eat. I still don't give him anything, but my husband gives him scraps in the kitchen sometimes. When it gets dark, he thinks it's potty and bedtime, and he'll stand by the steps and will whine and bark until we let him out. This is great fun when it gets dark at 5p in the winter. 

All in all he's a phenomenal dog, is a breeze to care for (always has been) and is the cutest little thing ever. This old man stage mostly cracks me up, but the barking and whining gets a little old sometimes. Oh and he also likes a turd treat every once in a while, which is so weird and disgusting, but whatever. 

He does like that we're both home all the time, but I'm home all the time, quarantine or not. 

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:37 PM
posted by Belly35

Blazer our goldendoodle 4 years old is loving this quarantine, he is getting spoiled.  

Is your pet or pets getting spoiled? 

Any explanation would be helpful.     

He now is permitted on the couch, eating table scraps, and the idea that the wife and I are there to petting him... he is loving it..

Heard a thing on the radio today that the "experts" say pets wont be ready for this quarantine to be over!
Yeah, getting a lot more spoiled with being home all day, no doubt about that.  On top of that, the one just had 5 pups on Tuesday night.....at least am home to tend to them more in the beginning stages.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:22 PM

I don't have a pet, but my plants are thriving. Thanks for asking Ser Belly.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:23 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

My dog is almost 14 and is the same way. He gets bossier the older he gets. He never used to beg for people food, and now he throws a fit as soon as we sit down to eat. I still don't give him anything, but my husband gives him scraps in the kitchen sometimes. When it gets dark, he thinks it's potty and bedtime, and he'll stand by the steps and will whine and bark until we let him out. This is great fun when it gets dark at 5p in the winter. 

All in all he's a phenomenal dog, is a breeze to care for (always has been) and is the cutest little thing ever. This old man stage mostly cracks me up, but the barking and whining gets a little old sometimes. Oh and he also likes a turd treat every once in a while, which is so weird and disgusting, but whatever. 

He does like that we're both home all the time, but I'm home all the time, quarantine or not. 

Is that Tanner?

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:30 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Is that Tanner?

Indeed. He's getting up there. 👴🏻

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:33 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Indeed. He's getting up there. 👴🏻

He's a handsome fella.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 4:07 PM

We have a 9 year old maltipoo. He is definitely getting spoiled by getting to spend so much time with us with my wife working from home. Before when we used to leave he would bark and bite my wife’s pants tot ru and get her not to leave. Now he looks at us like leave so I can get a nap please.

Hes actually getting less treats though because the store was out right before we went into lockdown. So instead of a full treat we have been breaking them in half and he wonders around looking for the other half. We called and they have them in stock now but do t do curbside pickup so I might have to run in and get him some more this weekend. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 5:58 PM

My wife works from home and the dog sits on her lap half the day (50 pound golden doodle). She’s already a spoiled bia. 

Zunardo Senior Member
815 posts 15 reps Joined Nov 2010
Fri, Apr 24, 2020 10:54 PM

Our 14 year-old Min-Pin is living the life.  We had another couple over for dinner today, afterward he spent half the time sleeping in the guy's lap, and the other half in my wife's lap.  He doesn't eat much, but he'd gobble bacon treats all day if we'd let him.  When the lockdown first started, I made sure I ran to the store and got him enough food and bacon treats to last til summer.  I think he's more needy now because of his age.  Suspect his hearing and eyesight have deteriorated a bit, and he needs to be reassured we're still there.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login