The 2020 Financial Crash

Ad

• Wed, Mar 18, 2020 5:14 PM
    posted by O-Trap

Umm ... were you not around for 2008?  A huge chunk of the problem there was the credit approval given to borrowers who had no business borrowing.

Lord.  We are not talking about throwing money at new borrowers who are not credit-worthy.  We are talking about guaranteeing existing credit lines of businesses so they have the liquidity to weather the storm; otherwise many will become insolvent immediately and then the shit will hit the fan.  This is a completely different situation than ’09.

Thu, Mar 19, 2020 1:09 AM
    posted by QuakerOats

Lord.  We are not talking about throwing money at new borrowers who are not credit-worthy.  We are talking about guaranteeing existing credit lines of businesses so they have the liquidity to weather the storm; otherwise many will become insolvent immediately and then the shit will hit the fan.  This is a completely different situation than ’09.

There's certainly some nuanced differences, which I've already alluded to.  However, it's more similar that you're trying to make it seem.

Tue, Mar 24, 2020 2:54 PM

So, if I had cash to throw into the market now to try to catch the rally, how would I do that?  Where would you all invest it? 

Tue, Mar 24, 2020 2:59 PM

Depends on if you want long term growth or you are looking for a quick money grab.

Tue, Mar 24, 2020 3:45 PM
    posted by FatHobbit

So, if I had cash to throw into the market now to try to catch the rally, how would I do that?  Where would you all invest it? 

Should've thrown some cash in last week. 

Ad