Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 9:45 PM
posted by geeblock

U hate big govt supposedly but out here stumping for laws against passing out water. HUGE problem.. make it make sense 

You literally just parrot liberal talking points that are subsequently proven wrong. And you do it days after it’s already been proven wrong. Congrat 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 10:13 PM
posted by geeblock

U can get an ID but have to start the process to drive again instead of waiting out the suspension. I said 50 times idgaf about voter Id laws. I’m only responding cause some people are stuck on the sub

Yet you give false information? They don’t take your ID away anymore when your license is suspended. They note in your electronic file that it is suspended and you can’t drive.

You keep your ID so your misinformation means that your whole premise of why the laws disproportionately affect POCs was bull crap and you either knew that and were lying or were just ignorant of the facts. 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 10:14 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m actually not. It’s fun watching u guys look like clowns pretending they aren’t trying to suppress votes they don’t think will go their way. Get out of the echo chamber and stop picking clown arguments with the one non conservative on the board and trying to paint me as a raging liberal. I said 10 times idgaf about ID laws before I even commented on it 

Explain how requiring an ID suppresses black votes, in detail.

I will wait.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 10:15 PM
posted by geeblock

They actually take your physical ID if you have it on you at the time and it’s not a choice 

No they don’t, they haven’t for years since every license started having barcodes and they went to all electronic files where the officer can see everything about your record in seconds.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 10:18 PM
posted by geeblock

The point is you can’t have 2 IDs you can’t have a drivers license and a state ID. So let’s say u plead out a dui to a lesser charge and u get a 45-90 day suspension. If u go and get a state ID you lose rights to have a drivers license and would have to go and take the drivers test again. That is neither here nor there just putting it out there. I don’t think ID laws make much difference, very small number are affected. But please let’s not act like these laws aren’t meant to serve the gop. They didn’t just randomly pick them for no reason don’t be obtuse 

Such a bullshit lie.

My brother in law had his license suspended for a DUI and he had his license the whole time to use as an ID he just couldn’t drive.

You really need to stop lying, seriously you are either lying or you are going off decade old information. 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Apr 4, 2021 10:20 PM
posted by geeblock

U hate big govt supposedly but out here stumping for laws against passing out water. HUGE problem.. make it make sense 

Good Lord I wonder if you even read or just spew bull shit.

I said the law wasn’t racist and it was lied about by the MSM and democrats.

I didn’t say I supported or didn’t support the law at all.  I was just pointing out the lies and bull shit.

Read and understand people’s posts before posting, it really will help.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 1:36 AM

Gblock will claim voter suppression here and then argue the electoral college should be abolished. Gblock’s logic in a nutshell.

I do agree though, that the DMV is a pain in the ass and most appointments should be done online.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 6:49 AM
posted by jmog

Good Lord I wonder if you even read or just spew bull shit.

I said the law wasn’t racist and it was lied about by the MSM and democrats.

I didn’t say I supported or didn’t support the law at all.  I was just pointing out the lies and bull shit.

Read and understand people’s posts before posting, it really will help.

Again you are going way out of your way to tell me a law about water isn’t racist but can’t tell me why it’s necessary. I said 50 times i don’t have a problem with voter iD laws. I was giving examples of why a person may or may not have their ID on Election Day.  Please pay attention. 

U keep focused on voter ID laws but can’t tell me why limiting early voting on Sunday’s is necessary. Stop pretending like all they did was implement voter ID laws please. Thanks. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 6:59 AM
posted by geeblock

For perspective you can wake up in Georgia and decide to buy a gun and walk out with it that day, but can’t wake up in the morning and decide to vote. These laws are unnecessary and it’s pretty clear what they are meant to do to an objective person. The argument that “well it’s better than this state” is lame. I don’t have a problem with requiring an ID to vote. FYI 

For those who can’t read and don’t pay attention I said in my original post I don’t have a problem with requiring an ID to vote. You guys will make up a story so you can get out your talking points. FYI if you have strong feelings or things you want to say about voter ID laws just post them. You don’t need me a o do it. I know it’s hard because everyone agrees with each other so you would look a little weird arguing with no one, but I’m sure you would still get a amen or a reps response. Just go with that. But stop pretending I have a problem with IDs  to vote. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 7:02 AM

posted by jmog

Such a bullshit lie.

My brother in law had his license suspended for a DUI and he had his license the whole time to use as an ID he just couldn’t drive.

You really need to stop lying, seriously you are either lying or you are going off decade old information. 

Lol anecdotal evidence so it must apply everywhere. Once I kept my license as well on once they took it. It  varies depending on jurisdictions   And situations. But again I don’t think it really matters, most people that care to vote have an ID. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 7:44 AM
posted by geeblock

Again you are going way out of your way to tell me a law about water isn’t racist but can’t tell me why it’s necessary. I said 50 times i don’t have a problem with voter iD laws. I was giving examples of why a person may or may not have their ID on Election Day.  Please pay attention. 

U keep focused on voter ID laws but can’t tell me why limiting early voting on Sunday’s is necessary. Stop pretending like all they did was implement voter ID laws please. Thanks. 

Of all the parts of the new law, the water thing seems to me to be the biggest nothingburger of the bunch.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 8:10 AM

In poorer social/economic areas many voters have to wait in line for hours? Why is this the case, and what is being done to improve it? I don't think that I have ever waited more than 15 or 20 minutes, and it is usually closer to 5 minutes. If the time were shortened, the food/drink wouldn't even be an issue.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 8:16 AM

Hey how about you become an upstanding citizen in your community and not break the law to get your id taken away.

Sounds like a stupid argument to make about voter id laws.  

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:05 AM
posted by geeblock

1. Your “reasons for not having an ID” was either a case of misinformation or an outright lie. You pick. It was bullshit and you should have known better.

2. The total early voting hours/days was actually expanded under the law. You are fixated on Sunday’s when in fact the total time to early vote was expanded. Why are you so fixated on one day? Maybe poll workers don’t want to work on Sundays especially in a heavily religious state of GA?

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:06 AM
posted by geeblock

For those who can’t read and don’t pay attention I said in my original post I don’t have a problem with requiring an ID to vote. You guys will make up a story so you can get out your talking points. FYI if you have strong feelings or things you want to say about voter ID laws just post them. You don’t need me a o do it. I know it’s hard because everyone agrees with each other so you would look a little weird arguing with no one, but I’m sure you would still get a amen or a reps response. Just go with that. But stop pretending I have a problem with IDs  to vote. 

You said you don’t have a problem with voter ID laws yet then went on explaining why they maybe racist.

That’s called talking out of both sides of your mouth. You can’t be “ok” with them yet still believe they are racist.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:23 AM
posted by iclfan2

I'm not the one talking about unifying. I don't think it's ever going to happen. Regardless, the law barely changes anything, and they still have better early voting procedures then NY and NJ (and whoever else). It's much ado about nothing, but Biden spouting off and the media spreading literal lies (somehow twitter only cares about "lies" during an election) made it into this dumb shit show. 

Would also like to point out that Lebron and Steve Kerr care more about this fake news then actual genocide. 

Then why pass it and subject yourself to blowback if you are Georgia? 

It is funny how much the ID stuff is playing on here, when it is not about that at all. The law is about the Republicans in the state taking more control of the voting process from the Secretary of State. Why are they doing that?  

Could it be they believe the crazy bullshit theories of voter fraud, against all evidence on the contrary, and they wanted to make the voting as political as possible? The Georgia Secretary of State did a hell of a job in 2020. His reward, he gets his role reduced.  The law tries to solve a problem that does not exist. 

Republicans have almost zero standing on voting access and voting laws as they pretty much admit all the time that their goal is to limit voting in Democratic areas so they can stay in power. The Arizona Republican committee said that directly during a recent Supreme Court argument. So, if one state wants to direct the power from the Secretary of State to members of the State Assembly, which is more Republican, people get concerned and wonder what other changes may come down the pike that may restrict voting access further.

Again, Georgia and the entire south has a really bad history of voting access. 

geeblock Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:54 AM
posted by jmog

You said you don’t have a problem with voter ID laws yet then went on explaining why they maybe racist.

That’s called talking out of both sides of your mouth. You can’t be “ok” with them yet still believe they are racist.

Show where I said it was racist 

Superman said blacks were to stupid or lazy to get ID. I just provided other examples of why u may not have ID on voting day. Either way u have to be dense to not see they see it as an advantage or they wouldn’t pass any of these laws period 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:55 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Again, Georgia and the entire south has a really bad history of voting access. 

Thankfully, the racist Democrats are no longer in charge of those states. 
8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by superman
Thankfully, the racist Democrats are no longer in charge of those states. 

Just changed parties over the last 40 years...

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Apr 5, 2021 11:10 AM
posted by geeblock

Show where I said it was racist 

Superman said blacks were to stupid or lazy to get ID. I just provided other examples of why u may not have ID on voting day. Either way u have to be dense to not see they see it as an advantage or they wouldn’t pass any of these laws period 

I said it earlier that you went round about explaining why blacks are targeted more for license suspensions and therefore have no ID (which is BS). 

You didn’t go direct to say “it’s racist” your argument just suggested it is racist because blacks are more likely to have their license suspended (here’s a thought, don’t drink and drive...or are DUI laws racist too?).

Don’t argue that blacks are targeted by police for license suspensions if you don’t want people to believe you are meaning that this leads to voter ID laws being racist.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login