Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:07 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol u pick the tiniest things to argue about. Who gives a fuck? Do you not understand the point I was making? My god I bet your wife hates you. My point was if you are going to have a discussion about reparations you can’t just say well slavery ended 150 years ago. IF you believe in reparations then really Jim Crow is what people are owed for. The denial of th opportunities to gain that generational wealth that whites have benefited from that was born from slavery/Jim crow. Things as simple as home ownership can change a legacy of a family for generations. I wasn’t trying to make a point about which was worse Jim Crow or slavery. 

If you read my original post I directly stated that if people want to have a discussion on reparations for Jim Crow then let's have it.  But no one is talking about it for that, it always goes back to slavery. I am not even saying I would agree with it for Jim Crow. But my main reasoning wouldn't be because they didn't "deserve" it (don't think anyone does for slavery, as you said 150 years ago). My main concern/reason if we were talking about them for Jim Crow would be who gets it, who pays it, etc. I mean Jim Crow laws were basically southern laws, so would it only be southern whites paying southern blacks? Would it just be a blanket all blacks and all whites or would some proof of your family living in the south prior to the 1960s civil rights movement/laws?

You have to know that you stating that blacks had it worse after slavery was an asinine statement and someone was going to call you out for it. 

And way to go down the personal route "bet your wife hates you". Sorry, I just call out stupid statements.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:07 PM
posted by geeblock

He was talking about black people and I summarized the post accurately. I didn’t say he was racist you are reading too much into it 

I read exactly what you implied it to mean.  Like I said Gut's post's where he actually uses the term "stupid" is in reference to a mainly white demographic.  Take the shackles off.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:09 PM
posted by gut

LMFAO, literally the part you stopped bolding about "....because Repubs are racist".  Again, try reading it a few more times and maybe you'll understand what is being said.

You said they blacks have voted for dems over 90% in every election right? So what in the heck did you say the bolded part about reparations for?  except to say they can easily be fooled or manipulated. Why not just say pubs are racist is why? It implied blacks are dumb, I really didn’t mean it to say you are racist but it did come off as saying blacks are dumb. Apparently you say whites are dumb too so I’m not sure what the hub bug is about. It’s actually racist not to be able to say black are dumb 🤷‍♂️

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:09 PM
posted by geeblock

For clarification I’m not saying all people who vote for trump are racist, but all racists vote for trump. (I know Democrat’s can be racist too) (I know jmog it’s a contradiction) 

Did you just say "all racists vote for trump...but democrats can be racist too"? I am not sure how that sentence was even put together.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:10 PM
posted by geeblock

You certainly can’t expect blacks to vote for trump right? What policies do the gop ever offer that would help the poor? Less health care? 

95% of blacks are poor? Lol and voting for Trump makes someone racist in your delusional world and that isn’t the media’s fault? You drinking early today, I’m jealous. Cheers!

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:11 PM
posted by geeblock

For clarification I’m not saying all people who vote for trump are racist, but all racists vote for trump. (I know Democrat’s can be racist too) (I know jmog it’s a contradiction) 

this might be the dumbest post ever put on here

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

95% of blacks are poor? Lol and voting for Trump makes someone racist in your delusional world and that isn’t the media’s fault? You drinking early today, I’m jealous. Cheers!

Like I said, he contiously proves he is a useful idiot.  

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:12 PM
posted by geeblock

People vote for the candidate that is in their best interests and many times yes it’s the lesser of two evils. You certainly can’t expect blacks to vote for trump right? What policies do the gop ever offer that would help the poor? Less health care? 

How about jobs? Seems like black unemployment is at an all time low as is overall unemployement. How about higher wages? Black average wages are raising faster than they did under any other recent president.

Jobs is a great platform that helps poor people every single time. Giving more handouts are short sighted and everyone with a brain knows this. Making the job market open up and therefore everyone is working more is a long term solution to poverty.

You know this geeblock, but probably won't admit it.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:14 PM
posted by geeblock

I wouldn’t think people if color and white supremists would share many common views in a candidate or policies so no 

Why do you believe this?  Is EVERY issue about race for you, because that's what the above seems to imply? 

I would suggest the opposite, that actually most people - regardless of race or whatever ism you accuse them of - share many common views.  However, most voters are (or made to be) single issue voters, or maybe a few issues.

If you believe Republicans are racist, then your vote is given away rather than earned.  Would you disagree?

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:16 PM
posted by jmog

How about jobs? Seems like black unemployment is at an all time low as is overall unemployement. How about higher wages? Black average wages are raising faster than they did under any other recent president.

Jobs is a great platform that helps poor people every single time. Giving more handouts are short sighted and everyone with a brain knows this. Making the job market open up and therefore everyone is working more is a long term solution to poverty.

You know this geeblock, but probably won't admit it.

The job market was trending that way and has only slightly improved with trump. Good for him he hasn’t messed it up. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:16 PM
posted by geeblock

This hasn’t always been this way in my opinion I guess u may think you know better than me but Trump is the first time in my lifetime where it is the case. Certainly wasn’t the case with either of the Bush’s or Reagan in my opinion. I can never remember another year where you the voter could be labeled racist for voting gop. U can thank trump for that not the media. Again what policies would you say the gop has ever pushed that would make a poor person vote gop? 

1. Do you believe the media didn't try to label Bush II as racist to help get the black vote just like with Trump? Or Romney? If you believe that you weren't paying attention.

2. Again, the "policy that helps poor people" are jobs.

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:18 PM
posted by gut

Why do you believe this?  Is EVERY issue about race for you, because that's what the above seems to imply? 

I would suggest the opposite, that actually most people - regardless of race or whatever ism you accuse them of - share many common views.  However, most voters are (or made to be) single issue voters, or maybe a few issues.

If you believe Republicans are racist, then your vote is given away rather than earned.  Would you disagree?

This year maybe. I’ll never vote for trump. He has said too many things I can’t take personally. So far the dems don’t have a candidate for me so I most likely won’t vote 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:19 PM
posted by geeblock

What part did I miss?

Seriously?

Gut's Post Summarized: Blacks don't vote republican because they believe republicans are racist.

Geeblock: Are you saying blacks are stupid? No, they don't vote republican because they think republicans are racist.

You basically agreed with exactly what Gut said but said he was calling black people stupid. 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:19 PM
posted by jmog

1. Do you believe the media didn't try to label Bush II as racist to help get the black vote just like with Trump? Or Romney? If you believe that you weren't paying attention.

2. Again, the "policy that helps poor people" are jobs.

If they did it didn’t really work. 2016-2019 is the first time in my life I can think of that you could be labeled a racist for voting  gop.

as far as jobs I mean I’m not sure if I’m giving trump the credit 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:24 PM

For some reason people are acting like it’s just a very small number of racist trump/white nationalist supporters. I don’t think that’s true. I see lots of it. I guess maybe it makes you feel better about supporting him if u minimize that aspect of it 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:24 PM
posted by geeblock

If they did it didn’t really work. 2016-2019 is the first time in my life I can think of that you could be labeled a racist for voting  gop.

as far as jobs I mean I’m not sure if I’m giving trump the credit 

We know, Obama got to blame Bush for all 8 years and now that it is good Obama gets the credit right?

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:28 PM
posted by geeblock

Apparently you say whites are dumb too so I’m not sure what the hub bug is about. It’s actually racist not to be able to say black are dumb 🤷‍♂️

When Gut has posted about people being "stupid" he is not calling out a race.  The context has been at times is traditionally a white demographic but when its black the race card gets played.  He clearly posts about people in general.

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

https://clarifi.org/programs/clarifi-boot-camp/small-business-owners-addressing-racial-wealth-gap/fact-sheet-racial

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/09/28/black-and-hispanic-families-are-making-more-money-but-they-still-lag-far-behind-whites/?utm_term=.0ea12eef9320

yes there is a huge wealth gap. And I specifically said voting for trump does not make u racist. I said it at least twice 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:36 PM
posted by geeblock

For some reason people are acting like it’s just a very small number of racist trump/white nationalist supporters. I don’t think that’s true. I see lots of it. I guess maybe it makes you feel better about supporting him if u minimize that aspect of it 

Every estimate I can find on the internet is around 25,000 white surpemacists in the US dispersed among around 400-500 "groups" or organizations.

Even if every single white supremacist voted for Trump that is and 4/100 of 1%, or 0.04% of the total votes Trump got (just under 63 million).

Now, those 25,000 are the hard core ones, statistics indicate that around 150,000 or so subscribe to the white supremacist publications so lets call them racists as well. Even if every single one of the 150,000 voted for Trump, that is still 0.2% of his votes. 

Facts don't match up with your feelings here geeblock.

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:37 PM
posted by majorspark

When Gut has posted about people being "stupid" he is not calling out a race.  The context has been at times is traditionally a white demographic but when its black the race card gets played.  He clearly posts about people in general.

You guys are too sensitive. If the day comes I want to call someone a racist you will know it lol 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login