Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:40 PM
posted by jmog

Seriously?

Gut's Post Summarized: Blacks don't vote republican because they believe republicans are racist.

Geeblock: Are you saying blacks are stupid? No, they don't vote republican because they think republicans are racist.

You basically agreed with exactly what Gut said but said he was calling black people stupid. 

I took it to say that they dangle a little reparations talk that they won’t follow thru on to get the black vote AND pubs are racist. Now I guess all he was saying is the pubs are racist part was the part that counted.. ok I guess.. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:41 PM
posted by jmog

Even if every single white supremacist voted for Trump that is and 4/100 of 1%, or 0.04% of the total votes Trump got (just under 63 million).

Your numbers are wrong.....If you oppose illegal immigration, then it means you hate brown people.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:51 PM

As for AOC’s concentration camp comment; she can go fuck herself.  What an ignorant communist.  And I called her office and relayed that message; everyone should.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 5:21 PM
posted by geeblock

For some reason people are acting like it’s just a very small number of racist trump/white nationalist supporters. I don’t think that’s true. I see lots of it. I guess maybe it makes you feel better about supporting him if u minimize that aspect of it 

The 2nd stupidest post ever on here.  You see lots of something because that is what you want to see.  Also, lets not use the word "nationalist" as if it means you are racist

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 5:24 PM
posted by geeblock

There s my number one fan what’s up bud 

No, I'm your number one fan. Quit playing games with me!

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 5:44 PM
posted by Spock

The 2nd stupidest post ever on here.  You see lots of something because that is what you want to see.  Also, lets not use the word "nationalist" as if it means you are racist

I absolutely will every time thanks tho 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 5:51 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

No, I'm your number one fan. Quit playing games with me!

Reps!

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 6:30 PM
posted by Spock

Pretty bold card for you to be playing.

posted by geeblock

Reps!

If you say reps, you gotta rep.

Don't be that guy.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by jmog

Every estimate I can find on the internet is around 25,000 white surpemacists in the US dispersed among around 400-500 "groups" or organizations.

Even if every single white supremacist voted for Trump that is and 4/100 of 1%, or 0.04% of the total votes Trump got (just under 63 million).

Now, those 25,000 are the hard core ones, statistics indicate that around 150,000 or so subscribe to the white supremacist publications so lets call them racists as well. Even if every single one of the 150,000 voted for Trump, that is still 0.2% of his votes. 

Facts don't match up with your feelings here geeblock.

Gblock's counter argument: "I see a lot of it."  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 1:37 PM
posted by like_that

Gblock's counter argument: "I see a lot of it."  

Which is why I like Ben Shapiro's line..."Facts don't care about your feelings."

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 1:56 PM

To be fair, the far left has a pretty wide definition of "white-supremacist", "fascist", etc. I guarantee many of my views are considered fascistic in their eyes. Because they're lunatics. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 1:57 PM

And, to be fair the other way, the far right would likely consider me a "libtard" because they are also terrible. 

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 2:19 PM
posted by justincredible

To be fair, the far left has a pretty wide definition of "white-supremacist", "fascist", etc. I guarantee many of my views are considered fascistic in their eyes. Because they're lunatics. 

Really, I think it's mainly a combination of virtue-signaling and social media.  The more things are fixed or accepted, the more ridiculous things become in the search for new causes.  Then you have the one-upsmanship introduced by social media - like, ever notice at BLM rallies how the most obnoxious and disorderly protestors are 20-yr old white people?  Right up front where they're sure to be noticed by cameras so they can post a clip to their facebook page.

Also, we know people get caught up in mobs and will do things they would never do on their own.  Social media create online mobs, and they're mostly unchecked inside their bubble and so they just get angrier and more irrational.

Look at all the coverage AOC gets.  It's because she's ready-made clickbait for BOTH the far right and far left.  Really, newsmedia, that's the audience you're going after?  I'm afraid she'll be the next Speaker of the House - pretty much following Trump's playbook exactly.  Although actually I'm convinced she's auditioning for CNN/MSNBC and a safe bet to get her own show inside of 3 years.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 21, 2019 5:12 PM
posted by gut

Look at all the coverage AOC gets.  It's because she's ready-made clickbait for BOTH the far right and far left.  Really, newsmedia, that's the audience you're going after?  I'm afraid she'll be the next Speaker of the House - pretty much following Trump's playbook exactly.  

Which, by itself, gives a lot of validity to the Horseshoe Theory.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 2:49 AM
posted by QuakerOats

As for AOC’s concentration camp comment; she can go fuck herself.  What an ignorant communist.  And I called her office and relayed that message; everyone should.

You sure showed her!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Lol anyone see this idiot who came out and said Trump raped her in a dressing room 20+ years ago. Coincidentally she has a book coming out. And when asked if she would press charges she said no, it wouldn’t be right to all the women being raped on the border. LOL, wut??

Also check out the meme trump posted saying he’ll be president 4eva, and the blue check mark brigade who freaked out about it. Losers 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 2:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol anyone see this idiot who came out and said Trump raped her in a dressing room 20+ years ago. Coincidentally she has a book coming out. And when asked if she would press charges she said no, it wouldn’t be right to all the women being raped on the border. LOL, wut??

Also check out the meme trump posted saying he’ll be president 4eva, and the blue check mark brigade who freaked out about it. Losers 

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending the blue NPCs, you know Trump and the red NPCs would have lost their collective shit if Obama had done this (or if Hillary had won and she'd done it).

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 2:41 PM
posted by O-Trap

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending the blue NPCs, you know Trump and the red NPCs would have lost their collective shit if Obama had done this (or if Hillary had won and she'd done it).

The headline says trumpism will last, not trump. Then he just tetweeted the meme. Of course some people would freak out, but the lefty hour is should know better than to fall for the trap. Ironically, the left are the only ones who actually have candidates not conceding and they don’t seem to mind... in fact they actually support it. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 2:46 PM
posted by O-Trap

Forget the personality stuff.....the right would have lost their shit if Obama was starting trade wars and hitting people with tariffs.  Obama would have been "feckless" for not bombing Iran for downing our drone.   And I didn't bother to verify it, but Obama deported more people than Trump has!  They would have been outraged if Obama met directly with Kim, legitimizing him (to be fair, a few on the right did take issue with that).

So just to circle back to the horseshoe theory....the right and left like/hate the same things, but it's dependent on which party is doing it.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jun 22, 2019 3:03 PM

No doubt the butt hurt would have been coming form the right if Obama did the same thing.  On the flip side, as unprofessional as it is, this type of shit is part of why Trump got elected. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login