Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:22 PM
posted by jmog

Oh good lord...yeah, blacks had it worse after slavery...come on geeblock, you know better than that.

Lynchings/beatings/rapings happened to SOME blacks after slavery, but all of those happened to MOST (or at least many) while they were slaves. To believe that it happened more after to offset the "benefit" of not being a slave anymore is asinine.

Lol u pick the tiniest things to argue about. Who gives a fuck? Do you not understand the point I was making? My god I bet your wife hates you. My point was if you are going to have a discussion about reparations you can’t just say well slavery ended 150 years ago. IF you believe in reparations then really Jim Crow is what people are owed for. The denial of th opportunities to gain that generational wealth that whites have benefited from that was born from slavery/Jim crow. Things as simple as home ownership can change a legacy of a family for generations. I wasn’t trying to make a point about which was worse Jim Crow or slavery. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:32 PM
posted by jmog

Communists vote for democrats, does that make them communists? Just because white supremacists vote for Trump doesn't make Trump a white supremacist.

Nor does it make all, or even most people who voted for him racist. There were a substantial number of people who found him awful, but his opponent even worse.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:37 PM
posted by geeblock

I didn’t say he was racist but his post directly implied that black people aren’t smart enough to pick the candidate based on the issues that they believe in and instead suggested they are voting Democrat so they can get reparations. I responded with the main reason people vote democratic in my op

His post did not imply that black people as a race are inferior, not smart, or unable to make logical decisions.  Like I said Gut has posted many times about the stupidity or ignorance of people.  When the context is white people race is not brought up.  You chose to add "so black people are stupid".  Yes many are along with white people.  Fact.

Free yourself.

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:38 PM

For clarification I’m not saying all people who vote for trump are racist, but all racists vote for trump. (I know Democrat’s can be racist too) (I know jmog it’s a contradiction) 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:38 PM
posted by geeblock

I didn’t say he was racist but his post directly implied that black people aren’t smart enough to pick the candidate based on the issues that they believe in and instead suggested they are voting Democrat so they can get reparations. I responded with the main reason people vote democratic in my op

At least one person wasn't smart enough to understand my post.  Blacks vote OVERWHELMINGLY Democrat because, it seems, they believe Repubs are racist.  The reparations "debate" is mainly to get Repubs to oppose it to feed the narrative that the party is racist.

If that's wrong, I'd love to hear you explain why blacks vote well over 90% Democrat, consistently, when no other demographic consistently breaks 70% for one party.   Another word for that might be voluntary disenfrancisement.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:40 PM
posted by geeblock

Maybe they vote dem because of the republicans are lined up with white supremacy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/philipindc/status/1141067843905249283

So you DO agree they don't vote on issues but rather vote against Repubs because they believe the party is racist.

Which begs the question, why do you think black people are stupid?

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:41 PM
posted by majorspark

His post did not imply that black people as a race are inferior, not smart, or unable to make logical decisions.  Like I said Gut has posted many times about the stupidity or ignorance of people.  When the context is white people race is not brought up.  You chose to add "so black people are stupid".  Yes many are along with white people.  Fact.

Free yourself.

He was talking about black people and I summarized the post accurately. I didn’t say he was racist you are reading too much into it 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:44 PM
posted by gut

At least one person wasn't smart enough to understand my post.  Blacks vote OVERWHELMINGLY Democrat because, it seems, they believe Repubs are racist.  The reparations "debate" is mainly to get Repubs to oppose it to feed the narrative that the party is racist.

If that's wrong, I'd love to hear you explain why blacks vote well over 90% Democrat, consistently, when no other demographic consistently breaks 70% for one party.   Another word for that might be voluntary disenfrancisement.

People vote for the candidate that is in their best interests and many times yes it’s the lesser of two evils. You certainly can’t expect blacks to vote for trump right? What policies do the gop ever offer that would help the poor? Less health care? 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:45 PM
posted by geeblock

He was talking about black people and I summarized the post accurately. I didn’t say he was racist you are reading too much into it 

No, you misunderstood the post and gave an inaccurate summary that implied I was racist.

Before you accuse someone of generalizing an entire group as stupid, you might want to make sure you comprehend what is actually being said.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:49 PM
posted by geeblock

For clarification I’m not saying all people who vote for trump are racist, but all racists vote for trump. (I know Democrat’s can be racist too) (I know jmog it’s a contradiction) 

If 95% of blacks refuse to vote for the "party of old white men", does that make them sexist, ageist, racist or all of the above?

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:50 PM
posted by gut

So you DO agree they don't vote on issues but rather vote against Repubs because they believe the party is racist.

This hasn’t always been this way in my opinion I guess u may think you know better than me but Trump is the first time in my lifetime where it is the case. Certainly wasn’t the case with either of the Bush’s or Reagan in my opinion. I can never remember another year where you the voter could be labeled racist for voting gop. U can thank trump for that not the media. Again what policies would you say the gop has ever pushed that would make a poor person vote gop? 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:51 PM
posted by gut

No, you misunderstood the post and gave an inaccurate summary that implied I was racist.

Before you accuse someone of generalizing an entire group as stupid, you might want to make sure you comprehend what is actually being said.

It’s exactly what the post said 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:54 PM
posted by gut

Apparently, merely supporting reparations without actually doing anything about it is enough to convince black people to vote Democrat because the Repubs are racist....

You know, if Dems got "only" 70% of the black vote, that would make the popular vote virtually a dead heat.

What part did I miss?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:54 PM

Gblock continues to prove he is a perfect example of a useful idiot.  Never fails. 

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:57 PM
posted by gut

If 95% of blacks refuse to vote for the "party of old white men", does that make them sexist, ageist, racist or all of the above?

I have no idea what that even means yes I guess

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 3:59 PM
posted by like_that

Gblock continues to prove he is a perfect example of a useful idiot.  Never fails. 

There s my number one fan what’s up bud 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:02 PM
posted by geeblock

So the main reason blacks vote democrat is because a few white supremacist groups vote republican?

You realize this doesn't help your cause for your statement that "so blacks are too stupid to vote based on policies?" right?

geeblock Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:04 PM
posted by jmog

So the main reason blacks vote democrat is because a few white supremacist groups vote republican?

You realize this doesn't help your cause for your statement that "so blacks are too stupid to vote based on policies?" right?

I wouldn’t think people if color and white supremists would share many common views in a candidate or policies so no 

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:05 PM
posted by geeblock

What part did I miss?

LMFAO, literally the part you stopped bolding about "....because Repubs are racist".  Again, try reading it a few more times and maybe you'll understand what is being said.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jun 20, 2019 4:06 PM
posted by geeblock

I have no idea what that even means....

Your lack of reading comprehension really isn't helping your cause.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login