Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 8:52 AM
posted by Automatik

1000 dead a day, 160k and climbing. Complete overreaction! 

It has nothing to do with the tragedy of people dying. That is terrible. It's to do with isolating people and ruining people's jobs for no justifiable reason. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 9:11 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

We're testing more people and a higher percentage than most developed countries. 

By now, tests should be available to anyone who wants one, or one every day. Not "needs", wants. We're not remotely where we should be.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 10:25 AM

You can’t be serious boogie. Lol completely overreacted? You want to tell the millions of family members who’ve lost a loved one that we’ve just overblown this whole thing? Get the fuck out of here dude. 

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You can’t be serious boogie. Lol completely overreacted? You want to tell the millions of family members who’ve lost a loved one that we’ve just overblown this whole thing? Get the fuck out of here dude. 

For the upteenth time, my opinion has nothing to do with the tragedies of people dying.  It's terrible and I feel for their families.  My opinion that we've overreacted is not in the sense that we are pretending something is more serious than it is.  It is serious and should be taken seriously as most of us are.  Overreaction in the sense of isolating people and ruining businesses - steps that have had, and will have no effect on the ultimate outcome of this virus.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:27 AM

For the upteenth time, my opinion has nothing to do with the tragedies of people dying.  It's terrible and I feel for their families.  My opinion that we've overreacted is not in the sense that we are pretending something is more serious than it is.  It is serious and should be taken seriously as most of us are.  Overreaction in the sense of isolating people and ruining businesses - steps that have had, and will have no effect on the ultimate outcome of this virus.  

Seems to me that the "overreacting" could be a part of the reason that it's not as serious as advertised.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:34 AM

Do you actually think the number of sick and/or dead people would be the same no matter the precautions that were taken? 

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:46 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

Do you actually think the number of sick and/or dead people would be the same no matter the precautions that were taken? 

If people weren't social distancing, wearing masks and staying in if they had underlying conditions - yes, I  think the numbers would be different.  If schools and businesses hadn't been shut down, no I don't think that would have changed things much.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:33 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

The lockdowns and precautions only slow or delay the spread, which is to say they don't save lives they just prolong them a few months. 

Unless a vaccine actually does eradicate the virus, in which case you did save lives.  Still doesn't change the fact that people have the option to take all these precautions without any govt intervention.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The availability of testing is heavily dependent on the Federal Government. He has been a dismal failure.

Isn't that more a result of outsourcing that occurred long before Trump became POTUS?

The response, and faults, at least in the early days isn't really Trump but whatever playbook was created by Obama and Bush.  I would love to hear more, and see some evidence, of Biden's claims that Trump didn't follow that playbook.

Certainly the stockpiles were inadequate, and Trump had 3 years to add to them.  But they were at a level mandated by Obama/Bush.  Actually, Bush had ordered cheaper and more portable ventilators.  That program failed.  Obama did the same with another vendor, but those models were yet to be delivered.

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:45 PM
posted by gut

Isn't that more a result of outsourcing that occurred long before Trump became POTUS?

The response, and faults, at least in the early days isn't really Trump but whatever playbook was created by Obama and Bush.  I would love to hear more, and see some evidence, of Biden's claims that Trump didn't follow that playbook.

Certainly the stockpiles were inadequate, and Trump had 3 years to add to them.  But they were at a level mandated by Obama/Bush.  Actually, Bush had ordered cheaper and more portable ventilators.  That program failed.  Obama did the same with another vendor, but those models were yet to be delivered.

Trump cut the department of the federal government that was in charge of pandemics  

That department was created, I believe, by GWB, and Obama added to the department   

gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Trump cut the department of the federal government that was in charge of pandemics  

That department was created, I believe, by GWB, and Obama added to the department  

LMAO.  More fake news.  Do you really thing SIX - fucking six - people would have made a difference?!?  Their roles and responsibilities were rolled into other departments. 

Next you're going to site the fuck-up in approving or coordinating testing.  I don't believe it was Fauci, but one of the FDA directors testified before Congress that the delay was literally a day or two, and not "weeks" as reported in the article you're citing.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 1:04 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Sweden didn't shut anything down and their numbers are not that much different than ours on a per million population basis. Both in total cases and in deaths.

I'm not saying the lock downs did nothing, but the contries that did near nothing except tell people to social distance and wear masks when they couldn't are having VERY similar numbers to what we are.

The science and "experts" literally told us this from the beginning, that it was all to "flatten the curve". The total cases/deaths would not change at all over the long haul. 

Sweden's numbers bears this out.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 1:10 PM
posted by gut

LMAO.  More fake news.  Do you really thing SIX - fucking six - people would have made a difference?!?  Their roles and responsibilities were rolled into other departments. 

Next you're going to site the fuck-up in approving or coordinating testing.  I don't believe it was Fauci, but one of the FDA directors testified before Congress that the delay was literally a day or two, and not "weeks" as reported in the article you're citing.

Don't let facts get in the way of SnL's opinion, he is about to call you (and probably me) a f'ing moron/idiot because facts don't align with his feelings.

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 1:27 PM
posted by gut

U mad?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 2:52 PM

What exactly is he supposed to be doing?  On a per capita basis, our death rate is similar to much of the developing world.  It's a a virus.  It's going to go where it will regardless of what human politicians say or do.  Lockdowns may delay the inevitable.  Other than that, all he can do is push hard for a vaccine and encourage people to carry on as much as they are personally able.  This idea that a political leader can dictate the outcome of this is fanciful.  I don't blame Trump for any of it any more than I blame democrat governors for the virus activity in their own state.  

You don't get it; it is Trump's fault that people have underlying conditions and co-morbidities.   Plus, orange man bad.
gut Senior Member
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 3:11 PM
posted by QuakerOats
You don't get it; it is Trump's fault that people have underlying conditions and co-morbidities.   Plus, orange man bad.

Well, stupid people believing stupid things Trump says HAS resulted in deaths.  Although, the whole "politics" of masks appears to be mostly a media/political creation, supported by some of the most rigged polls you'll find.

But I tend to agree a lot of blame is being shifted to the federal govt when it really belongs with state and local officials.

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 3:23 PM
posted by gut

Well, stupid people believing stupid things Trump says HAS resulted in deaths.  Although, the whole "politics" of masks appears to be mostly a media/political creation, supported by some of the most rigged polls you'll find.

But I tend to agree a lot of blame is being shifted to the federal govt when it really belongs with state and local officials.

I don't understand why we're spending so much time blaming - whether it be Trump, state or local officials.  It was a viral pandemic.  It came out of no where and it is unprecedented in its science.  You can't plan for every eventuality.  We are counting on our elected officials at all levels way too much if we think they have much an effect on something like this.  Our reaction to it - in many ways - has improved as we've learned more and that's good.  If another COVID came next year, no doubt certain things would work smoother than they did this time around.  But the fact of the matter that we as humans can't control everything and this falls into that category.  Mother Nature served up a shit sandwich and that's just all there is to it.  Is it serious?  Hell yes, lives are lost and irreparably changed.  But at some level, there's not a lot we can do about that except take personal precautions.  Closing things down, not holding school - those things give a false sense that we are somehow "managing" this.  We aren't managing shit.  It's a virus that will lead wherever it's going to go.  Like every other sane human being, I hate the loss of life.  Unfortunately, that is something we have to endure until this thing runs its course, however that may be.  

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 5:18 PM

I can’t believe after watching that axios interview anyone would vote for that con artist 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 5:30 PM

Why? It was probably doctored.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Aug 5, 2020 5:34 PM
posted by geeblock

I can’t believe after watching that axios interview anyone would vote for that con artist 

Well when the choice is him or a man with obvious dementia I can see it.

I would agree with your statement of the Dems had put up ANYONE that didn’t suck (Tulsi, Yang, etc) but here we are.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login