Impressed by the Trump administration part II

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 5:03 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

He probably will because Trump is an asshole. But, one of the best things I have seen Biden talk about the last year was his answer on a town hall on overcoming his studdering problem. 

Are we even going to have debates?  Trump's delivery won't be the best, but a legitimate candidate would smoothly point out Joe's dementia.  Trump probably will and come off as an asshole.  People on the right will applaud it and people on the left will be extremely butthurt.  Rinse and repeat. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:49 AM
posted by Automatik

Not sure if serious?

Ever talked to someone with someone with dementia? Even a mild case? 

My grandpa and his 2nd wife both died within the last few years from dementia. I am fairly familiar with the symptoms, especially since my wife directly took care of both of them.

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:51 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jmog is such a douche

Making yourself look a) dumb and b) like an asshole just to STAN for your political party. Smh

Neither of the two major parties are “my party” and I don’t like either candidate nor will I be voting for either candidate.

Not sure how this fits into your BS narrative.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 10:33 AM
posted by like_that

Are we even going to have debates?  Trump's delivery won't be the best, but a legitimate candidate would smoothly point out Joe's dementia.

Trump is going to trigger him, and then Joe is going to fly off the rails in a senile rant.  That loss of control/filter is a sign of dementia, and we've already seen it from Joe a few times on the campaign trail.

You'll never see that in Trump because he never had a filter to begin with.

And Biden's nonsensical comments/tangents aren't "gaffes" but the fogginess of a failing mind.  Yes, I've had a couple of very close relatives pass from Alzheimers/dementia.  In my grandma's case, the progression was only a few years.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 11:30 AM
posted by jmog

My grandpa and his 2nd wife both died within the last few years from dementia. I am fairly familiar with the symptoms, especially since my wife directly took care of both of them.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a very sad thing to witness.

Could you imagine if either of them were propped up and ran for POTUS? Would be quite the feat. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 3:12 PM
posted by Automatik

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a very sad thing to witness.

Could you imagine if either of them were propped up and ran for POTUS? Would be quite the feat. 

Like I said before, the blame is more on the DNC and Biden's family now for letting this happen. The last 3 or 4 years my grandpa and his wife were around their bills, their appointments, their driving, etc all had to be handled by my mom, my uncle, and my wife. 

They were able to function on their own (meaning live by themselves) but couldn't do their bills, couldn't cook, couldn't drive, etc. We even taped off every button on the TV remove except power, channel up/down, and volume up/down, so they wouldn't get lost/confused in the cable menus.

We had a camera hidden in the living room so that we could watch them at all times without them knowing, until the very end when it was really bad and my aunt lived there full time the last few months.

It is a terrible disease, and I am 100% willing to admit that even 4-5 years ago I would have wholeheartedly voted for Biden over Trump just for the civility of the office.

I can't, under any circumstances, vote in someone with obvious onset dementia.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 5:05 PM

The elder abuse being committed is tragic, likely fraudulent.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Aug 7, 2020 6:24 PM

Trump/Biden debate will be a very highly rated event.  

I cant wait to see Biden offer up a street fight or a push up contest. 

What's the over/under on how many times Biden says "Come on man!!!"?

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 8:30 AM
posted by gut

The global capacity for the testing components doesn't exist for what you're proposing.  No one sits around and says "hey, we need to maintain 100X capacity for the once in a century pandemic".

It was an exaggeration of course, but the fact is that no matter what Trump inherited, he's far more interested in saying he's doing a great job and cutting his experts off at the knees than he is in actually doing something.

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 8:30 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Some countries with vastly smaller populations and inside a small footprint have an advantage. Our testing is strong and getting stronger.  It's not practical that every person in this or any other country is going to have enough tests available to get tested daily. That's not practical or necessary. 

OK Sleeper.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 8:48 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

OK Sleeper.

Strong testing has very little if anything to do with Trump. My opinions about COVID aren't aligned to a political party. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 8:52 AM

It was an exaggeration of course, but the fact is that no matter what Trump inherited, he's far more interested in saying he's doing a great job and cutting his experts off at the knees than he is in actually doing something.

Perfect example of this was last night. Announced “never before done” executive order where health insurance companies are required to cover pre existing conditions...oh you know like Obamacare? 

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 9:30 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Strong testing has very little if anything to do with Trump. My opinions about COVID aren't aligned to a political party. 

A large part of the testing problem is at the federal level.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 10:49 AM

A large part of the testing problem is at the federal level.

Ok. If you insist on politicizing a virus. Fact is our testing has progressively gotten better and better throughout this. It is more readily available than in most countries if not all. That's not to Trump's or any other politicians credit. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 12:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Perfect example of this was last night. Announced “never before done” executive order where health insurance companies are required to cover pre existing conditions...oh you know like Obamacare? 

Soooooo.....We could have done that without upending healthcare with Obamacare then?

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 2:10 PM
posted by gut

Soooooo.....We could have done that without upending healthcare with Obamacare then?

I’m not a fan of Obamacare 

I just find it funny that the pre-existing conditions thing was in there, trump repealed it, and then brings back pre existing condition clause and says it’s never been done before. Lol

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 2:23 PM

I don't disagree.  But a lot of criticism of the federal response is typical politics - it's still hilarious to look at the early praise for Cuomo, who literally and clearly is the one person who failed worse than Trump. 

It is a disaster that we still don't have a national contact tracing app.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 8, 2020 2:25 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m not a fan of Obamacare 

I just find it funny that the pre-existing conditions thing was in there, trump repealed it, and then brings back pre existing condition clause and says it’s never been done before. Lol

I'm not familiar with the specifics of Trump's EO, but it's actually how it could've/should've been done.  You literally just needed to enact two sentences into law that prevented discrimination on pre-existing conditions.  Insurance providers can't screen/deny you if they can't ask the question.

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 8:44 AM
posted by gut

I don't disagree.  But a lot of criticism of the federal response is typical politics - it's still hilarious to look at the early praise for Cuomo, who literally and clearly is the one person who failed worse than Trump. 

It is a disaster that we still don't have a national contact tracing app.

At best, Cuomo was a day late and a dollar short at every turn.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Aug 9, 2020 11:21 AM

What does the payroll tax EO mean? Is that for business owners or employees? Haven’t had time to look up that one 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login