Impressed by the Trump administration part II

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 6:30 PM

Can the Trump supporters on here translate what the fuck the President was talking about today in the Rose Garden? 

He mentioned that Biden wants to get rid of suburbs and something about water pressure and dishwashers. Has Trump lost it? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Most of us do not pay attention to what he says .........it is the actions and positive results that matter. 

Thank God he won in '16, and for the sake of the republic, he better win reelection.

Fri, Jul 17, 2020 2:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Most of us do not pay attention to what he says .........it is the actions and positive results that matter. 

Thank God he won in '16, and for the sake of the republic, he better win reelection.

That is such a crock full of shit. So, if we take what he has done....so let's see over 135k dead which most people blame him on, a stagnant economy due to the shutdown, and an approval rating below 40%, got it. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 4:40 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

That is such a crock full of shit. So, if we take what he has done....so let's see over 135k dead which most people blame him on, a stagnant economy due to the shutdown, and an approval rating below 40%, got it. 

Oh quit the talking points......look at where we were in December.  Implying that he should be judged post covid is BS.  

I could easily say "could you imagine if Clinton was president during Covid?  There would be a million people dead."

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 4:52 PM

You're right -- covid is Trump's fault.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 4:56 PM

posted by Spock

Oh quit the talking points......look at where we were in December.  Implying that he should be judged post covid is BS.  

I could easily say "could you imagine if Clinton was president during Covid?  There would be a million people dead."

Comparing reality to a hypothetical situation based on an alternate reality. Only in your feeble little brain is that logical.

EDIT: Also, you saying "quit the talking points" is hilarious, considering you're mentally incapable of saying anything other than talking points, either directly from Trump or filtered through Breitbart.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 17, 2020 4:56 PM
posted by QuakerOats

His often-inept response is his fault.

Fri, Jul 17, 2020 5:47 PM
posted by Spock

We are not going back to a pre Covid world....what he did then is largely irrelevant now. No one cares that unemployment was low when it is like 11% now and it seems it is not going down anytime soon. 

His entire election is now based off what he does with this pandemic. His response so far has been pathetic. 

Fri, Jul 17, 2020 5:49 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The virus is not his fault. The complete inability to stop, contain, and have a unified coherent response is. 

His predictions and estimates about this virus has been wrong at every turn. The feds have been missing the whole time and that is coming from Republicans like Larry Hogan. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:02 AM

The virus is not his fault. The complete inability to stop, contain, and have a unified coherent response is. 

His predictions and estimates about this virus has been wrong at every turn. The feds have been missing the whole time and that is coming from Republicans like Larry Hogan. 

BS.  First, he stopped thousands from dying by instituting the travel bans -- long, long before anybody thought it was the right move, and it was.  And, the feds have not been missing the whole time, the exact opposite is true.  On top of that, it was Trump who marshaled hundreds of companies to retool to make the necessary medical supplies so that mismanaged states like NY had what they needed.

Keep rewriting history all you want, most of us know what is really going on.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:09 AM

We are not going back to a pre Covid world....what he did then is largely irrelevant now. No one cares that unemployment was low when it is like 11% now and it seems it is not going down anytime soon. 

His entire election is now based off what he does with this pandemic. His response so far has been pathetic. 

Not sure about that.

He closed the US border down

He moved massive resources into LA and NY (to only have them go unused) while they shipped sick people to nursing homes only to kill tens of thousands.

He had large manufacturers produce massive stockpiles of PPE and ventilators.

He passed a massive stimulus.  Dont you remember that check you sent back?

All the while, the media, the rest of the political world has been attacking him.  But oh yea......he hasnt done anything.

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Man, I love this world you guys live in. Trump is a savior and all is going well. 

I guess all those polls that show Trump is doing a shitty job with the virus are wrong then...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-holds-lead-over-trump-as-coronavirus-concerns-grip-nation

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Man, I love this world you guys live in. Trump is a savior and all is going well. 

I guess all those polls that show Trump is doing a shitty job with the virus are wrong then...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-holds-lead-over-trump-as-coronavirus-concerns-grip-nation

So are you saying that he didnt do anything that was mentioned above?  Are you blind or stupid?  His response was so rapid and severe, the left in the House wanted him brought up on charges for the travel ban.  

If Trump wasnt president, things would have been worse.

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:26 AM
posted by Spock

So are you saying that he didnt do anything that was mentioned above?  Are you blind or stupid?  His response was so rapid and severe, the left in the House wanted him brought up on charges for the travel ban.  

If Trump wasnt president, things would have been worse.

I'm saying while he did those things, the virus is still raging and deaths are starting to climb. Most people, it seems agree, he has not done a good job at handling this....

I mean if he had done a good job at this, cases would be lower, hospitalizations lower, and deaths lower. Yet, here we are with all three rising .....

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:45 AM

I'm saying while he did those things, the virus is still raging and deaths are starting to climb. Most people, it seems agree, he has not done a good job at handling this....

I mean if he had done a good job at this, cases would be lower, hospitalizations lower, and deaths lower. Yet, here we are with all three rising .....

We could literally plunge ourselves into an irreversible depression, and that would not work either.  We are going to have to live with this virus and continue on with our normal lives and work - period.  There is no other option, thankfully the survival rate is 99.99% and for almost everyone you need a test to know if you even have it.  Stop with the hysteria.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:46 AM

In other positive news:

Chao: Deregulation helped USDOT save $90B

The US Department of Transportation has saved $90 billion since 2017 because of the Trump administration's removal of "overly bureaucratic, inflexible, outdated government regulations," says Secretary Elaine Chao. The department expects the hours-of-service final rule to lower regulatory costs more than $4 billion.

Full Story: FreightWaves (7/16) 

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 11:59 AM

By most people you mean the sheep that follow CNN?

I remember early on he was lambasted on the travel ban and resources being moved to help.

Then it was testing.....not enough.  Now its literally millions a day and now its "look at these cases".  More testing equals more cases.

He cant win with most of you.  when in reality, % of deaths are going way down.  The "curve" was flattened along time ago.

He has said since day 1, local and state officials are in charge of their situations.....they are all different.  Why would N. Dakota do what NY did?  He gave massive flexibility to those states to manage.

I am sure if he went full on executive control over the country you would be complaining about him being a dictator.

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 12:07 PM

Man, what a world you guys live in.....

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Jul 20, 2020 1:33 PM

It's called the non-Beltway world.

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 1:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It's called the non-Beltway world.

Riiiight....I guess all these people not approving of how Trump is handling this are all fakes news, made up, and live within the beltway...got ya. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login