Disgusted with the Biden administration

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Dec 16, 2022 9:11 PM

Love our vets! Dangerous people who don’t display their license plates properly! 

https://www.csindy.com/news/local/update-cspd-officers-shown-on-video-beating-homeless-veteran/article_c361b3ba-7a49-11ed-b330-7bd3eda17682.html

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 16, 2022 9:43 PM

What does that have to do with being a veteran at all?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 17, 2022 1:02 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yes, I suppose if a president said he was shutting down all drilling, or that he was declaring nuclear war, or some other outlying circumstance, that could affect prices.  But that’s not what’s happening.

It isn’t just the extremes that affect speculation.

Also, to be fair, my scenario I made up is not far off what Biden has actually said and done so far.

Biden admin has not allowed any new drilling leases on federal lands, first President to do so (that I can remember).

Biden during his campaign actually said he planned on shutting down fossil fuels completely. That will and did change speculatory futures.

It doesn’t take a nuclear war to change oil speculation, especially with that BS OPEC group. A single hurricane no where near anything will cause them to change prices due to speculation well before said hurricane affects supply.

You really think it would take a President threatening nuclear war to get them to alter prices to change future supply? Come on, you’re smarter than that. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 10, 2023 10:48 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-questions-fbi-raid-biden-homes-look-more-classified-documents

Look forward to FBI raids of biden properties. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jan 12, 2023 10:47 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-classified-documents-found-his-delaware-garage

Let's see, this must be batch # 3.  My goodness, they're everywhere.  Where does the FBI go first.   LOL

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jan 12, 2023 1:44 PM

AG appoints special counsel to investigate biden  -  merely perfunctory, unless the puppet masters have a grander scheme.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 12, 2023 2:20 PM
posted by QuakerOats

AG appoints special counsel to investigate biden  -  merely perfunctory, unless the puppet masters have a grander scheme.

To be fair, Biden was happy just to return the documents.  Whereas Trump thought he could "negotiate" to keep "his" documents.  And it was only after about 1.5 years of that the DOJ finally said enough and executed a search warrant.  Even then, they might not have gone forward if he wasn't under investigation for trying to overturn an election.

While I think it's hilarious the Dems are suddenly quite, and the Repubs suddenly care about classified documents...Granted, McCarthy is just enjoying serving-up some pwnage.  But that raid was 100% due to Trump's own actions.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jan 13, 2023 10:46 AM

Seems like something bigger going on ................this may be yet another deflection.   

That aside, the guy reads, I mean stumbles and mumbles through a prepared statement, and then walks away.   Hilarious on one hand, but almost terrifying (favorite lib term) on the other hand to think he is the supposed leader of free world. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jan 13, 2023 11:17 AM
posted by gut

To be fair, Biden was happy just to return the documents.  Whereas Trump thought he could "negotiate" to keep "his" documents.  And it was only after about 1.5 years of that the DOJ finally said enough and executed a search warrant.  Even then, they might not have gone forward if he wasn't under investigation for trying to overturn an election.

While I think it's hilarious the Dems are suddenly quite, and the Repubs suddenly care about classified documents...Granted, McCarthy is just enjoying serving-up some pwnage.  But that raid was 100% due to Trump's own actions.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/01/13/is_the_deep_state_coming_after_joe_biden_148726.html

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jan 13, 2023 6:40 PM

I predicted all along that the Dems would be done with Biden after the midterms.  They are going to use this to force him out of office so they can install Kamala and get her reelected twice.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 9:04 AM

Nice prediction. Spock give you the inside track on that one?

superman Senior Member
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 9:56 AM
posted by Automatik

Nice prediction. Spock give you the inside track on that one?

You're watching it happen in real time. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 10:19 AM
posted by superman

I predicted all along that the Dems would be done with Biden after the midterms.  They are going to use this to force him out of office so they can install Kamala and get her reelected twice.  

Same thing about 1.5 million other people “predicted”.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 1:10 PM

Gotta say, it'll take some doing to get two re-elections from Kamala considering she fired up the Ds so much in the last presidential primary that she quickly dropped out with about as much support as Quaker would get from that party.

Don't get me wrong, it can happen -- especially if the Rs concede enough influence to the Freedom Caucus, or whatever they call themselves, nut-jobs to create another over-the-top "We need everyone to get out and ROCK THE VOTE or they'll have us living in a country that's a combination of dystopian hellscape and Handmaid's Tale." deal.  And if there is one thing I've learned about political parties over the past however many years, it's that they are stupid enough to prioritize their core bases over everyone else to the degree that someone who would normally be a non-entity also-ran can have a lot of success running on a platform that's little more than "At least I'm not that POS fuck!".

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 1:50 PM
posted by Heretic

they are stupid enough to prioritize their core bases over everyone else to the degree that someone who would normally be a non-entity also-ran can have a lot of success running on a platform that's little more than "At least I'm not that POS fuck!".

Kind of how like the Dems REALLY didn't want Biden, but they knew none of the other dipshits could beat Trump.  That's all incredibly unbelievable when you think about it.

The needle has moved enough that I don't know if Trump will get the nomination, and it's moved enough that he DEFINITELY won't win the general, much less match his vote total from 2020.  And the fact we're still talking about Trump's chances at this point is also pretty unbelievable.

All I can say is this country is filled with stupid people....who vote for stupid people.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 4:58 PM
posted by gut

Kind of how like the Dems REALLY didn't want Biden, but they knew none of the other dipshits could beat Trump.  That's all incredibly unbelievable when you think about it.

The needle has moved enough that I don't know if Trump will get the nomination, and it's moved enough that he DEFINITELY won't win the general, much less match his vote total from 2020.  And the fact we're still talking about Trump's chances at this point is also pretty unbelievable.

All I can say is this country is filled with stupid people....who vote for stupid people.

The average person just wants someone to tell them who to vote for, so they don't have to put any thought into it. Therefore, the guy with the most coverage -- either because the media backs him as the candidate they want or because he makes the most noise as far as soundbites go -- gets the nod.
gut Senior Member
Sat, Jan 14, 2023 6:16 PM
posted by Heretic
The average person just wants someone to tell them who to vote for, so they don't have to put any thought into it. Therefore, the guy with the most coverage -- either because the media backs him as the candidate they want or because he makes the most noise as far as soundbites go -- gets the nod.

I don't even think it's that complex.  People WANT to vote for a winner.  Granted, that's hardly mutually exclusive from what you wrote, and explains why money (to run ads) plays such a huge role.

I almost think you can get more votes (outside of the 70% of the country who vote straight ticket every time) just by convincing people you're going to win.  Probably more effective than trying to gain their vote on policy and issues.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jan 15, 2023 12:05 PM
posted by superman

I predicted all along that the Dems would be done with Biden after the midterms. 

Well, Repubs don't want Trump to run, either.

So maybe both parties go behind closed doors and figure out how to use this to keep BOTH from running.  That sort of win-win is a rare opportunity for bipartisanship.

superman Senior Member
Mon, Jan 16, 2023 12:48 PM
posted by gut

Well, Repubs don't want Trump to run, either.

So maybe both parties go behind closed doors and figure out how to use this to keep BOTH from running.  That sort of win-win is a rare opportunity for bipartisanship.

That would be the best thing for the country. 0% chance it happens

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 16, 2023 3:15 PM

His brain does not work 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login