Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 9, 2022 5:34 PM
posted by geeblock

Meanwhile 858 billion military budget and no one blinks 

It's absurd.  The entire federal budget could be cut by 25% and no one would notice.  It is literally disgusting.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Dec 9, 2022 6:08 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It's absurd.  The entire federal budget could be cut by 25% and no one would notice.  It is literally disgusting.

What are we going to do with 504 more tanks lol 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 10, 2022 2:23 PM
posted by geeblock

What are we going to do with 504 more tanks lol 

Kill people.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 10, 2022 2:35 PM

I read Hunter Biden's haiku series of paintings is on exhibit in NYC.  This guy has really turned things around.  It's amazing how art can promote therapeutic healing and self reflection.  All this and only 10% for the "Big Guy".

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Dec 11, 2022 10:30 AM
posted by geeblock

Meanwhile 858 billion military budget and no one blinks 

Are you shocked?  Both parties have had a hard on for the war machine for a very long time. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Dec 11, 2022 10:38 AM
posted by Laley23

What makes Griner anti-American? 

I think it is great that she is home. I also think this trade was very in favor of Russia. I think it made the world a more dangerous place. I do not think Whelan was on the table. I am not sure Whelan is a better trade. And I am not sure Whelan getting out of Russian jail is better for the world as he sounds like a real POS, sketchy dude who doesnt have the best interests of USA in his heart. Unless the CIA was lying, and now letting him rot to cover their own asses, but that seems unlikely.

And honest question, do you get Vet status if you are dishonorably discharged?

Not a huge deal, but  since everyone is getting it wrong, he received a bad conduct discharge and not a dishonorable discharge.  There is a difference.  To answer your question, you lose vet benefits with a bad conduct discharge. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 11, 2022 12:55 PM
posted by like_that

Are you shocked?  Both parties have had a hard on for the war machine for a very long time. 

After losing to Reagan twice, HW, and GW...then with 9/11, the Dems decided to start supporting military and defense spending.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Dec 11, 2022 1:18 PM
posted by gut

After losing to Reagan twice, HW, and GW...then with 9/11, the Dems decided to start supporting military and defense spending.

Don’t forget how it’s unpatriotic to not support everything and everyone associated with the military.  

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 12, 2022 9:24 AM
posted by Laley23

Unless the CIA was lying, and now letting him rot to cover their own asses, but that seems unlikely.

CIA covering their own butt is unlikely?  Where do people get this blind allegiance and trust to all things government?   In every single situation, I would put myself on the side of "the government is lying to us" before I would put myself on the side of "The government has our best interest at heart, and is telling us the truth."
Mon, Dec 12, 2022 11:29 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass
CIA covering their own butt is unlikely?  Where do people get this blind allegiance and trust to all things government?   In every single situation, I would put myself on the side of "the government is lying to us" before I would put myself on the side of "The government has our best interest at heart, and is telling us the truth."

So then what if the government was lying about the Russian arms dealer that Biden traded for the WNBA player?  What if he is really a peace loving pacifist e were holding as a political pawn.

Wed, Dec 14, 2022 10:41 AM

You can provide all of the anecdotal scenarios you want.  I just laugh at anyone giving blind trust to the all powerful government to protect us, have our best interest at heart, and tell us the truth (*wink-*wink).

Wed, Dec 14, 2022 10:48 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

You can provide all of the anecdotal scenarios you want.  I just laugh at anyone giving blind trust to the all powerful government to protect us, have our best interest at heart, and tell us the truth (*wink-*wink).

That’s fine.  But if you don’t trust the government under any circumstance, why do you assume the Russian returned is a bad guy.  After all, the only reason anyone considers him a bad guy is because our government arrested him in the first place.

geeblock Member
Wed, Dec 14, 2022 11:00 AM

both points show why its also laughable to call Griner Anti American for protesting injustice as she sees it by the american government, while also saying daily we don't trust the gov't and that we need automatic weapons for the specific reason that we dont trust the american government

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Dec 14, 2022 1:57 PM
posted by geeblock

both points show why its also laughable to call Griner Anti American for protesting injustice as she sees it by the american government, while also saying daily we don't trust the gov't and that we need automatic weapons for the specific reason that we dont trust the american government

Maybe because there is, or can be a big difference between real Americans and the government, or portions thereof. 

Best

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 14, 2022 10:57 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Him being a CIA spy/agent, getting caught, and America not doing more to get him back — that seems unlikely.

Must not have been clear.
Thu, Dec 15, 2022 7:40 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That’s fine.  But if you don’t trust the government under any circumstance, why do you assume the Russian returned is a bad guy.  After all, the only reason anyone considers him a bad guy is because our government arrested him in the first place.

Show where I said any of that.

geeblock Member
Thu, Dec 15, 2022 8:38 AM

Gas 2.89 today! Thanks biden!!

(Cue jmog telling me the president has no influence over gas prices) 

Thu, Dec 15, 2022 8:41 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Show where I said any of that.

Unfair assumption on my part

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Dec 15, 2022 9:29 AM
posted by geeblock

Still up .50 since Trump left office. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Dec 15, 2022 11:06 AM
posted by geeblock

Still up 35%, after it already sucked out an incremental $3,200 from the average household over the last year. 

And it is taking a recession to get the price to decline ...............wow, how great is that.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login