11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 2:01 PM

Dementia Joe sending in the tanks.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 26, 2023 8:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Dementia Joe sending in the tanks.

I want to know who *didn't* see this coming.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Feb 6, 2023 7:58 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://amgreatness.com/2023/02/05/peace-through-strength-or-chaos-through-senility/

Great article except there were balloons sent over the US during Trump’s presidency as well.

I find these guys who slobber over Trump’s supposed strength and might interesting in that they can never show any concrete example of Trump actually doing anything that dissuaded any country from doing something aggressive.  Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine?  Why exactly would Putin have not invaded during Trump’s presidency if he had wanted to?  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 2:21 PM

That has been disputed, and if there were, he/they were not briefed on it ...............for some you-tell-me-the-reason

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/6/mike-pompeo-former-trump-officials-say-they-were-n/

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 2:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

That has been disputed, and if there were, he/they were not briefed on it ...............for some you-tell-me-the-reason

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/6/mike-pompeo-former-trump-officials-say-they-were-n/

I’m sure they were never briefed on it - that sounds legit.

So what did Putin have to fear from Trump exactly?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 2:48 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

To be fair to QO here, even the current admin intelligence "admitted" that "of course they weren't briefed, we didn't know that balloons from China came over during the Trump admin until AFTER the Biden admin started".

Their story now, believe it or not, is that they basically never saw any balloons, but intel gathered in the last 2 years says that it definitely happened 3 times during Trump admin.

Take that for what you will, but QO is not wrong, even the current admin is admitting that the Trump admin was not briefed or informed, because they just found out it happened recently.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 4:32 PM

You tell me.  We had a pretty calm 4 years around the globe, and made some nice progress in a few hot spots. 

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 5:12 PM
posted by jmog

To be fair to QO here, even the current admin intelligence "admitted" that "of course they weren't briefed, we didn't know that balloons from China came over during the Trump admin until AFTER the Biden admin started".

Their story now, believe it or not, is that they basically never saw any balloons, but intel gathered in the last 2 years says that it definitely happened 3 times during Trump admin.

Take that for what you will, but QO is not wrong, even the current admin is admitting that the Trump admin was not briefed or informed, because they just found out it happened recently.

Putin has no more to fear from Biden as he did from Trump.  Neither factored into his decision to invade Ukraine.  Regardless whether or notTrump was briefed, the Chinese were obviously okay sending spy balloons over when Trump was here just as they are today.  Makes it tough for me to see that they are as wrapped up on cable partisan politics in the US as we are.

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 5:14 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You tell me.  We had a pretty calm 4 years around the globe, and made some nice progress in a few hot spots. 

You're the one who cited the article.  It suggests that Putin wouldn't invade on Trump's watch.  But it never gives a reason as to why - except the implication that he projects "might".  My question is what exactly would Putin be concerned about?

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Feb 7, 2023 7:12 PM

Putin has no more to fear from Biden as he did from Trump.  Neither factored into his decision to invade Ukraine.  Regardless whether or notTrump was briefed, the Chinese were obviously okay sending spy balloons over when Trump was here just as they are today.  Makes it tough for me to see that they are as wrapped up on cable partisan politics in the US as we are.

That’s a long word salad for “you’re right, I’m wrong”

Wed, Feb 8, 2023 6:54 AM
posted by jmog

That’s a long word salad for “you’re right, I’m wrong”

Don’t worry, you’ve long secured the title of Always Being Right.  It’s a record that will never be broken.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 8:37 AM

Don’t worry, you’ve long secured the title of Always Being Right.  It’s a record that will never be broken.

I’m wrong all the time. Difference is, when I am I change my opinion on the subject.

Wed, Feb 8, 2023 9:18 AM
posted by jmog

I’m wrong all the time. Difference is, when I am I change my opinion on the subject.

QO posted a column suggesting the Chinese would never send a spy balloon over the US, and Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine if Trump were still in office.  I pointed out that the Chinese did send balloons over the US during Trump’s time.  And then I asked him why exactly Putin would have been afraid to start his war if Trump were still around.  

There’s not anything to change my mind about - just looking for an answer.

Wed, Feb 8, 2023 9:20 AM
posted by jmog

By the way, I’d be curious to see a thread on this site where you admit you were wrong and “change your mind” on any topic of substance.  I can’t recall a one.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 10:12 AM

QO posted a column suggesting the Chinese would never send a spy balloon over the US, and Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine if Trump were still in office.  I pointed out that the Chinese did send balloons over the US during Trump’s time.  And then I asked him why exactly Putin would have been afraid to start his war if Trump were still around.  

There’s not anything to change my mind about - just looking for an answer.

At least a half dozen former defense officials have now said there were no balloons during Trump's presidency, several of whom are no fans of Trump.  So there's that too.

Wed, Feb 8, 2023 10:49 AM
posted by QuakerOats

At least a half dozen former defense officials have now said there were no balloons during Trump's presidency, several of whom are no fans of Trump.  So there's that too.

Still awaiting your answer.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 11:52 AM

Gonna be a long hot summer

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 12:46 PM

Freaking NY & PA would elect a cornflake if it had a "D" next to it on the ballot.

Fetterman is with Biden at some drinking water facility in Philly and Biden says something to the effect of "you're representing Pittsburgh and the country very well" while Fetterman says he "supports clean drinking work (not water)" while talking with Biden.

People should've known Fetterman was unfit to run, even though the Dems assured he was, but the conservatives are "meanies" because they're picking on a guy getting over a stroke. No, they're pointing out he's unfit.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 8, 2023 12:58 PM

posted by BR1986FB

Freaking NY & PA would elect a cornflake if it had a "D" next to it on the ballot.

Fetterman is with Biden at some drinking water facility in Philly and Biden says something to the effect of "you're representing Pittsburgh and the country very well" while Fetterman says he "supports clean drinking work (not water)" while talking with Biden.

People should've known Fetterman was unfit to run, even though the Dems assured he was, but the conservatives are "meanies" because they're picking on a guy getting over a stroke. No, they're pointing out he's unfit.

As I've said before, maybe the Rs should have tried running someone more qualified than a quack TV doctor against the stroke guy. They only have themselves to blame in some of these states (Georgia for another) because they trotted out complete clowns.

Oh, and since Pennsylvania's House representation is only 9-8 in favor of the Ds and voted for Trump in 2016, I'm guessing it's more a battleground state than one that only looks at the letter in front of the name. Senate might be 2-0 Ds, but like I said, that's on the Rs for putting up a joke candidate and hoping Trump's endorsement still carried enough weight.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login