Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 3:01 PM
posted by majorspark

They will not stop.  I just heard Carl Cameron say we may need to take names and start throwing people in jail for misinformation.

Dang right they will not stop.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 3:10 PM

The new press secretary is laughingly bad. Maybe start picking people for their skills vs the boxes they check. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 18, 2022 3:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

The new press secretary is laughingly bad. Maybe start picking people for their skills vs the boxes they check. 

That ain't happening 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, May 18, 2022 10:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

The right also cares about the formula shortage that’s been going on, and it took over a month for the White House to say anything about it.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 18, 2022 11:08 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I'm sure it was the classic "I voted against it because this bill doesn't do enough".

But wait a minute....$28M?!?!?!?!  That's not even a rounding error.  That would barely cover 6 months of expenses for Hunter Biden.

Thu, May 19, 2022 5:35 AM
posted by gut

I'm sure it was the classic "I voted against it because this bill doesn't do enough".

But wait a minute....$28M?!?!?!?!  That's not even a rounding error.  That would barely cover 6 months of expenses for Hunter Biden.

Well to be fair to ICL, 12 people on the right care. So he wasn't technically wrong. He just didn't specify how many care. 

Thu, May 19, 2022 6:15 AM

A BIT disingenuous.  They passed another bill yesterday that actually addressed the shortages. That $28M “ A second measure to provide an extra $28 million to the Food and Drug Administration to help get fraudulent formula products off store shelves and boost the part of the workforce focused on formula, as well as FDA inspection staff”. So they voted no to not give the FDA more money for salaries and expenses. 

And in referring to Gblock I wasn’t talking about Congress, as he was bitching about people on Twitter. But glad Our dipshit officials finally did something 2 months too late. Glad I don’t have an infant. 

Thu, May 19, 2022 6:33 AM
posted by iclfan2

A BIT disingenuous.  They passed another bill yesterday that actually addressed the shortages. That $28M “ A second measure to provide an extra $28 million to the Food and Drug Administration to help get fraudulent formula products off store shelves and boost the part of the workforce focused on formula, as well as FDA inspection staff”. So they voted no to not give the FDA more money for salaries and expenses. 

And in referring to Gblock I wasn’t talking about Congress, as he was bitching about people on Twitter. But glad Our dipshit officials finally did something 2 months too late. Glad I don’t have an infant. 

Well no... then FDA would funding to check compliance on Abbott who routinely rejected such compliance and was falsifying records according to whistleblowers in the company. Can't have Big Government amirite? Companies will do the right thing!

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 6:36 AM

You are either disingenuous or don’t know what happened. They passed one specifically for the shortage and this one was an additional measure to give money to the FDA.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 6:37 AM

Well no... then FDA would funding to check compliance on Abbott who routinely rejected such compliance and was falsifying records according to whistleblowers in the company. Can't have Big Government amirite? Companies will do the right thing!

So do you admit they already did pass one specific to formula shortage and this was additional for FDA oversight?

Did you know that when you first posted the picture of the vote?

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:02 AM

The FDA already has people to do it, and already did it, causing this shortage. It was also found that neither of the two infants that died were because of formula. Abbot owns the blame for other issues at their plant, but no idea how it took 3 months to come to an agreement to reopen. 

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:48 AM
posted by iclfan2

The FDA already has people to do it, and already did it, causing this shortage. It was also found that neither of the two infants that died were because of formula. Abbot owns the blame for other issues at their plant, but no idea how it took 3 months to come to an agreement to reopen. 

Their resources aren't unlimited.. you get that right?

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:50 AM
posted by jmog

So do you admit they already did pass one specific to formula shortage and this was additional for FDA oversight?

Did you know that when you first posted the picture of the vote?

The mess they're in is b/c Abbott pencil whipped their own "oversight".. you see how that's problematic and needs actual oversight right? 

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:52 AM

Their resources aren't unlimited.. you get that right?

I’m sure they’re already bloated, actually. You have a lot of trust in the government. 

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:55 AM
posted by iclfan2

I’m sure they’re already bloated, actually. You have a lot of trust in the government. 

I have much less trust in companies answering to shareholders.

Thu, May 19, 2022 7:59 AM

Also, doing a lot of government contract work, I've never got the sense their staff was bloated in any sense. Quite the opposite compared to us actually. 

Thu, May 19, 2022 8:09 AM

Trumps tariffs are probably partly to blame for this mess too, bc Mexico and Canada supposedly have plenty of formula.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, May 19, 2022 8:13 AM

I have much less trust in companies answering to shareholders.

I read that abbott got fed money to fix their production lines and used it to buy stock shares which lead to the contamination in the first place.

Thu, May 19, 2022 8:37 AM
posted by geeblock

I read that abbott got fed money to fix their production lines and used it to buy stock shares which lead to the contamination in the first place.

Yeah I saw that. That's how companies work. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 19, 2022 10:16 AM

The mess they're in is b/c Abbott pencil whipped their own "oversight".. you see how that's problematic and needs actual oversight right? 

How ridiculous; there is absolutely NO WIN in shipping product that is going to make babies sick; there is ZERO desire to get into that predicament, and they never have been in that predicament.  It doesn't take 4 months to address some minor issues; the FDA is out of line, but  they are using a tried and true tactic to attempt to get more funding from their bloated government advocates in congress. 

As usual, government IS the problem.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login