Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 10:17 AM
posted by geeblock

I read that abbott got fed money to fix their production lines and used it to buy stock shares which lead to the contamination in the first place.

Mind numbing.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, May 19, 2022 10:18 AM
posted by QuakerOats

How ridiculous; there is absolutely NO WIN in shipping product that is going to make babies sick; there is ZERO desire to get into that predicament, and they never have been in that predicament.  It doesn't take 4 months to address some minor issues; the FDA is out of line, but  they are using a tried and true tactic to attempt to get more funding from their bloated government advocates in congress. 

As usual, government IS the problem.

There's no win? Maybe.. but there's avoiding losses. Which is what they did. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 19, 2022 4:10 PM

Gotta love the age of google….

4/31/20: No one on here knows shit about baby formula supply chain.

5/19/20: People on here trading arguments based upon the most minute details about baby formula supply chain and it’s gov’t oversight. Usual suspect is as condescending as ever to those who disagree with his point.  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 4:31 PM
posted by kizer permanente

The mess they're in is b/c Abbott pencil whipped their own "oversight".. you see how that's problematic and needs actual oversight right? 

So are you then admitting that the Rs did in fact vote for a formula bill just against the FDA extra funding then?

Did you know they passed the formula bill when you originally posted that picture? It’s a simple yes or no.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 7:50 PM

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Gotta love the age of google….

4/31/20: No one on here knows shit about baby formula supply chain.

5/19/20: People on here trading arguments based upon the most minute details about baby formula supply chain and it’s gov’t oversight. Usual suspect is as condescending as ever to those who disagree with his point.  

And that's politics in a nutshell.

1. Determine something is an issue and play to emotions.

2. Watch all the good little NPCs get fired-the-fuck-up over this issue they'd never even considered to be an issue until their masters told them it was.

3. ?????

4. PROFIT!!!

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 19, 2022 10:09 PM
posted by Heretic

And that's politics in a nutshell.

1. Determine something is an issue and play to emotions.

2. Watch all the good little NPCs get fired-the-fuck-up over this issue they'd never even considered to be an issue until their masters told them it was.

3. ?????

4. PROFIT!!!

That fucking idiot still thinks it's 2020

Thu, May 19, 2022 10:32 PM
posted by jmog

So are you then admitting that the Rs did in fact vote for a formula bill just against the FDA extra funding then?

Did you know they passed the formula bill when you originally posted that picture? It’s a simple yes or no.

I had seen it passed in spite of MAGA’s finest Boebert Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene just trying to make America great again with their no votes. QO must have shed a tear he was so proud. 

jmog Senior Member
Thu, May 19, 2022 10:39 PM

I had seen it passed in spite of MAGA’s finest Boebert Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene just trying to make America great again with their no votes. QO must have shed a tear he was so proud. 

So you name two Rs that voted against it…you knew it passed…so your post earlier was just a lie to make Rs look bad?

That’s QO level bull shit Kizer just the other side of the aisle.

Congratulations on confirming your partisanship is on QOs level…

Thu, May 19, 2022 11:08 PM
posted by jmog

So you name two Rs that voted against it…you knew it passed…so your post earlier was just a lie to make Rs look bad?

2?  I personally named 3 then there were 6 other R’s that voted no. For fucking baby formula lol. How many Dems voted no? I’ll save you time  (or inability to count? , either or) … zero  

I don’t have to make R’s look bad  they do it on the daily. You just have the urge to defend them at all costs. While trying to convince everyone you’re not one lol. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, May 20, 2022 1:53 AM
posted by jmog

He didn't know the other bill passed with heavy bipartisanship.  He saw the photo on facebook or twitter and then posted it here as if it was a mic drop, without actually reading the bill or looking into the whole story.  Now he is hedging by discussing the handful of Rs who did not vote for the bill, which is also disingenuous, because you can do this about either party for any bill that passes (and he knows this). 

For someone who reports his friends and family on facebook for disinformation, you would think he would at least look into everything prior to just posting a photo. 

On a related note, LOL at thinking giving the FDA $28M would make a difference. 

Fri, May 20, 2022 7:24 AM
posted by like_that

He didn't know the other bill passed with heavy bipartisanship.  He saw the photo on facebook or twitter and then posted it here as if it was a mic drop, without actually reading the bill or looking into the whole story.  Now he is hedging by discussing the handful of Rs who did not vote for the bill, which is also disingenuous, because you can do this about either party for any bill that passes (and he knows this). 

For someone who reports his friends and family on facebook for disinformation, you would think he would at least look into everything prior to just posting a photo. 

On a related note, LOL at thinking giving the FDA $28M would make a difference. 

I posted it just bc of icl comment about how the right “cares about baby formula shortage”.. well..except for the MAGAts I guess. 

We also have the same people on this thread complaining how long it takes the FDA to address Abbotts plant closure try to justify voting to not give the FDA money for resources.  But… irony has never been lost on you, I guess. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, May 20, 2022 7:35 AM
posted by superman

That fucking idiot still thinks it's 2020

Fri, May 20, 2022 7:36 AM

Like_that also fits the jmog mould of vehemently claiming they’re not Republican, but defend them at all costs. And only attack the left.  Both like to take jabs at p-town when he claims he’s centric and not left.  

But.. again… it’s the irony for me. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 8:31 AM

2?  I personally named 3 then there were 6 other R’s that voted no. For fucking baby formula lol. How many Dems voted no? I’ll save you time  (or inability to count? , either or) … zero  

I don’t have to make R’s look bad  they do it on the daily. You just have the urge to defend them at all costs. While trying to convince everyone you’re not one lol. 

So the Rs passed it as well by an overwhelming majority, yet you try to pass if off that Rs don’t care about baby formula by posting that BS picture which was about a vote for funding for the FDA.

Come on, that’s some bull shit and you know it. 

You are just as bad as QO, just the other side. 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 8:39 AM

Like_that also fits the jmog mould of vehemently claiming they’re not Republican, but defend them at all costs. And only attack the left.  Both like to take jabs at p-town when he claims he’s centric and not left.  

Pointing out your idiotic statement as false is not the same as defending the Rs. 

Just because someone calls out your made up bull shit you saw on Twitter doesn’t mean they are defending Rs.

You’re smart enough to know the difference.

My presidential voting record…

Clinton

Clinton

Bush

Bush

Obama

Romney

Trump (really wanted to vote libertarian both Trump elections)

Trump

And I nearly always vote the opposite party for HoR and Senate, would rather have a gridlock in the federal government than one party owning both branches.

Yup, real hard core R over hear…

Reality is I am just not a far leftist so to you I look like a R with as far left as us for appear to be  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 9:48 AM
posted by jmog

So the Rs passed it as well by an overwhelming majority, yet you try to pass if off that Rs don’t care about baby formula by posting that BS picture which was about a vote for funding for the FDA.

Come on, that’s some bull shit and you know it. 

You are just as bad as QO, just the other side. 

Flagrant 2

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 9:49 AM

I posted it just bc of icl comment about how the right “cares about baby formula shortage”.. well..except for the MAGAts I guess. 

We also have the same people on this thread complaining how long it takes the FDA to address Abbotts plant closure try to justify voting to not give the FDA money for resources.  But… irony has never been lost on you, I guess. 

If they had the resources to shut it down; they have the resources to open it up.  None of this is rocket science.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, May 20, 2022 10:55 AM

I can tell my post struck a nerve, because it's painfully obvious that you found the photo posted as a gotcha to Republicans, and you didn't even look into it. 

Where have I ever said I don't lean right?  I don't try to pretend I'm someone I am not.  This is why we give ptown shit, when he claims he is moderate, but even his "conservative" beliefs are not even conservative.  I will say I haven't voted for a Republican since Romney, and I regret that decision.   That's the truth, and I am not insecure enough to try and hide something.  If I was a registered republican and voted down party line I wouldn't be afraid to post about it on an anonymous forum lmao. That's not to say I wouldn't vote for one. I would vote for a Republican if his/her stance on most issues lined up with mine, but so far the GOP only has a small handful for me.  

In this same thread I called out Republicans for spending out of their asses, so I am not sure where you are claiming that I go out of my way to defend them.  What I will call out is inconsistency of logic and faux outrage, which I see a lot.   I will remain principled, but I can't say the same for you. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 20, 2022 2:16 PM
posted by like_that

I can tell my post struck a nerve, because it's painfully obvious that you found the photo posted as a gotcha to Republicans, and you didn't even look into it. 

Where have I ever said I don't lean right?  I don't try to pretend I'm someone I am not.  This is why we give ptown shit, when he claims he is moderate, but even his "conservative" beliefs are not even conservative.  I will say I haven't voted for a Republican since Romney, and I regret that decision.   That's the truth, and I am not insecure enough to try and hide something.  If I was a registered republican and voted down party line I wouldn't be afraid to post about it on an anonymous forum lmao. That's not to say I wouldn't vote for one. I would vote for a Republican if his/her stance on most issues lined up with mine, but so far the GOP only has a small handful for me.  

In this same thread I called out Republicans for spending out of their asses, so I am not sure where you are claiming that I go out of my way to defend them.  What I will call out is inconsistency of logic and faux outrage, which I see a lot.   I will remain principled, but I can't say the same for you. 

Good to know you are the gate keeper of what is considered conservative views. 

I'd say people that usually tout they are principled in their views rarely if ever compromise or see the faults in their worldview 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, May 20, 2022 3:52 PM

Bear market.  

8th consecutive DOWN week, which has not happened since 1932. 

Take care. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login