Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 26, 2022 2:37 PM

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/05/26/a_cabinency_of_dunces_147657.html

Do you think this colossal disaster is due to total ineptness, or purposeful action to throw the nation into total chaos.  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 26, 2022 2:41 PM
posted by gut

Fuck Beto.

It's REALLY hard to be a bigger asshole than Trump.

Isn't that more a Progressive thread item? 

I thought it was attention getting, not needed. Progressives were cheering him on, which shows it was a play to the base. 

On another note, that's the thing that has upset you about the whole thing? 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 26, 2022 2:42 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

On another note, that's the thing that has upset you about the whole thing?

What a dickhead comment.  You and "moderate" Beto cut from the same cloth, apparently.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 26, 2022 2:50 PM
posted by gut

What a dickhead comment.  You and "moderate" Beto cut from the same cloth, apparently.

Way to totally miss my above statement.

Beto is a progressive and nothing close to a moderate. 

Again, that's the thing that has you upset or annoyed? 

Sure, it is lame and an act of desperation attention, but in the grand scheme of things related to this whole thing, it is nothing to get upset about. 

I'm more upset about a whole host of things like hey, why were the cops so slow, rather than some politician yelling to get attention. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, May 26, 2022 6:26 PM

So gut didn’t like the political stunt from Beto but didn’t mind the political stunt of every republican in Texas there to pretend they give a shit about gun violence before they attend their NRA conference tomorrow?

That’s what bothered you? lol got it. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 26, 2022 6:39 PM

This should probably be its own thread but I don’t feel like starting it. Saw today the teacher who was killed, her husband died of a heart attack. They leave behind four kids. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 26, 2022 7:32 PM

Great title of the main article about the shooting on the front page of The Onion:

“No way to prevent this” Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, May 26, 2022 8:31 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Great title of the main article about the shooting on the front page of The Onion:

“No way to prevent this” Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

This can easily be seriously curbed, maybe not totally prevented, but it would make liberals heads explode.

Fri, May 27, 2022 6:55 AM
posted by BR1986FB

This can easily be seriously curbed, maybe not totally prevented, but it would make liberals heads explode.

I’m all ears

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, May 27, 2022 9:05 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

This should probably be its own thread but I don’t feel like starting it. Saw today the teacher who was killed, her husband died of a heart attack. They leave behind four kids. 

man there is video of him placing flowers at the scene looking perfectly healthy and he died a few hours later.  sad

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 27, 2022 9:53 AM

I’m all ears

This isn't anything "new" or "groundbreaking." You have plenty of US veterans who I'm sure would more than gladly work as armed guards in these schools. You don't have to arm teachers but armed guards would make these shooters think twice.

And I'm sure the libtards will retort with "not feasible, how you gonna pay for it?" Well, our government sure as Hell knows how to come up with money for freeloading countries and lazy asses in the US looking for a free handout. THERE'S your funding.

These guards can be vetted out with psych exams, etc. This isn't freaking rocket science but, as I said, it would make the libs heads explode.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, May 27, 2022 9:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

This isn't anything "new" or "groundbreaking." You have plenty of US veterans who I'm sure would more than gladly work as armed guards in these schools. You don't have to arm teachers but armed guards would make these shooters think twice.

And I'm sure the libtards will retort with "not feasible, how you gonna pay for it?" Well, our government sure as Hell knows how to come up with money for freeloading countries and lazy asses in the US looking for a free handout. THERE'S your funding.

These guards can be vetted out with psych exams, etc. This isn't freaking rocket science but, as I said, it would make the libs heads explode.

how is that different from police officers in schools?

Fri, May 27, 2022 9:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Why is this armed military type presence necessary at our schools but not in other developed countries where this rarely if ever happens?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 27, 2022 10:18 AM

Meanwhile the impoverishment of a nation rolls on ...

https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/team-biden-might-be-purposefully-crushing-the-middle-class/

So does the Biden administration actually want to see middle-class Americans reduced to poverty and privation? Or is it just too stupid to foresee the obvious consequences of its own actions? At this point, I’m not even sure which is worse.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 27, 2022 10:19 AM
posted by geeblock

how is that different from police officers in schools?

I'd have no problem with that either but the you'd be taking away from law enforcement. Unless they hired more police.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Why is this armed military type presence necessary at our schools but not in other developed countries where this rarely if ever happens?

I can't speak for other countries but we live in the fucking dumbest country in the world. Most of these shooters want to be "famous" and I also get the impression that other countries are a bit stricter as societies. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 27, 2022 10:34 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I can't speak for other countries but we live in the dumbest country in the world. Most of these shooters want to be "famous" and I also get the impression that other countries are a bit stricter as societies. 

I'm on board with "We have a MEDIA problem" in the US.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 27, 2022 10:42 AM

Violence and Murder happens everywhere. The US is actually about middle of the pack for homicide rate. Also different countries have different definitions of mass shootings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, May 27, 2022 12:18 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I'm on board with "We have a MEDIA problem" in the US.

I harken back to the Boomtown Rats single "I Don't Like Mondays" which was about a school shooting that happened in 1979. I'm sure there were school shootings in that time but it was the first time I'd ever heard of such a thing. 

Since then, the media has sensationalized this stuff to where these whack jobs might get their 15 minutes of fame for doing something heinous. Before the media glamorized this shit you didn't hear about it.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 27, 2022 4:14 PM
posted by kizer permanente

So gut didn’t like the political stunt from Beto but didn’t mind the political stunt of every republican in Texas there to pretend they give a shit about gun violence before they attend their NRA conference tomorrow?

That’s what bothered you? lol got it. 

Were the Republicans crashing the press conference or were they invited?

It's absolutely heinous to grandstand on the graves of dead children.  I think most objective, rational people would agree with that.  But apparently not left-wingers, though.

Republicans don't give a shit about gun violence?  That's definitely a hot take.  And claiming that to justify Beto's stunt before the kids are even buried is pretty disgusting.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login