7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 19, 2022 8:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

Didn’t he just announce he’s running again? That’s asinine

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 19, 2022 10:59 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Curious, are seeing full clips, full events, have you attended an in-person event with him? Have you actually talked to him? Or, are you just watching snippets and edited clips?

Are you a trained medical professional that can make that call just from video clips? 

Also, are you really comparing a serious medical diagnosis to drowning? 

Again, it is one thing to suggest he is getting old, which I agree. It is another to say he has a severe medical condition. 

Do you just look at people all the time and give them a medical diagnosis? Are you people watching and saying, yep they have cancer, look at that. 

I hope most of this is sarcasm, come on ptown  just admit there is a severe difference between just getting old and someone in major mental decline from something like dementia or Alzheimer’s.

And acting like it takes a medical degree to notice this is also asinine. You are just being obtuse just to avoid admitting you are being far left wing bias.

Stop being obtuse, what you are witnessing on live TV isn’t just getting old. Ronald Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Trump all were old, and they didn’t show these levels of symptoms. 

His incoherent rambling alone shows it’s not just getting old. Him trying to shake hands with invisible people shows it’s not just getting old. 

Be honest for once on this board.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 12:33 AM

When did Ptown get a job with Poltifact?

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 5:59 AM

Getting past the specific diagnoses, can't it be agreed that Biden doesn't have the mental acuity for the job?

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 9:10 AM
posted by like_that

When did Ptown get a job with Poltifact?

Was Jill reminding him to wave fake also?

I mean, let's face it, even Dems back in the primaries agreed he lost his fastball, until they ran out of pitchers....

gut Senior Member
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 9:15 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Getting past the specific diagnoses, can't it be agreed that Biden doesn't have the mental acuity for the job?

This presumes that the POTUS is actually something more than a figurehead or party spokesperson.

The POTUS is mainly supposed to just go out there, read the prepared remarks from the teleprompter, and then answer a few rehearsed questions.  Obama was very good at that.  Biden and Trump had a tendency to wander off-script and put their foots in their mouths.  But there's a difference between having no filter and actual cognitive decline.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 10:59 AM
posted by gut

This presumes that the POTUS is actually something more than a figurehead or party spokesperson.

The POTUS is mainly supposed to just go out there, read the prepared remarks from the teleprompter, and then answer a few rehearsed questions.  Obama was very good at that.  Biden and Trump had a tendency to wander off-script and put their foots in their mouths.  But there's a difference between having no filter and actual cognitive decline.

that is a dangerous thing to think.  

gut Senior Member
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 11:16 AM
posted by Fletch

that is a dangerous thing to think.  

I firmly believe, and have for some time, that our federal government is largely run by un-elected career staffers, and career congresspersons in safe districts.  It's not entirely disingenuous to say our "Democracy" is somewhat of an illusion.

After hearing the whining and complaining over the years with Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden....I just haven't seen where any of them have actually done anything that long-term impacts our daily lives.  The real power is with Congress - they're the ones screwing everything up.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 12:09 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Better yet, the Easter bunny had to show him where to go .....

My God

Waiting for Politico to tell us it was not an Easter bunny.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 12:20 PM
posted by gut

I firmly believe, and have for some time, that our federal government is largely run by un-elected career staffers, and career congresspersons in safe districts.  It's not entirely disingenuous to say our "Democracy" is somewhat of an illusion.

After hearing the whining and complaining over the years with Bush, Obama, Trump and now Biden....I just haven't seen where any of them have actually done anything that long-term impacts our daily lives.  The real power is with Congress - they're the ones screwing everything up.

You think Trump let anyone run the joint?  Why do you think both side of the isle disliked him?  He wasnt bought and paid for and he called the shots.  DC elite were triggered by him.  

EVERY American should want that in DC right now to keep the unelected politards from making any decision.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 2:14 PM
posted by gut

I agree with a lot about this premise.  I think of the federal govt as a huge ship running at full speed with a lot of momentum.  A president is like a new captain coming in for a hour to steer.  Little he can do will change course or speed much.  Yet many of us consider him responsible for every swell the ship encounters during his watch.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 21, 2022 2:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I agree with a lot about this premise.  I think of the federal govt as a huge ship running at full speed with a lot of momentum.  A president is like a new captain coming in for a hour to steer.  Little he can do will change course or speed much.  Yet many of us consider him responsible for every swell the ship encounters during his watch.

Never figured you for a "deep state" guy.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 22, 2022 7:28 PM

Man, his press conference today was awful. 

This is a small piece but wtf.

Sun, Apr 24, 2022 6:25 AM
posted by majorspark

Never figured you for a "deep state" guy.

I’m not.  I think the government is a huge organization that moves slow and can’t change without long processes.  It’s size is what gives it unstoppable momentum.  I don’t believe in any deep state.  People can’t pull off organized conspiracies like that.  Even so, the government is too big and unwieldy for any deep state hypothetical operatives to have any influence over.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 24, 2022 4:52 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Oh I agree it should be a discussion point. As I said, he is too old. Same with Feinstein in the Senate.  But, to go right to oh he has dementia is a stretch. 

Even Boogie, the biggest ratard on this site, is clowning you on this.  

gut Senior Member
Sun, Apr 24, 2022 5:38 PM

I’m not.  I think the government is a huge organization that moves slow and can’t change without long processes.  It’s size is what gives it unstoppable momentum. .

Not entirely sure of the actual definition of "deep state", but I don't think there's any conspiracy that career staffers who have risen through the ranks have done so because they are very good at influencing and winning approval of department objectives.

It can be as simple as controlling information that virtually guarantees a policy you favor wins.  And if the request is something non-nonsensical or stupid, then they'll find ways to shit on it and bury it and still get their preferred "alternative" approved.

I don't even think that's overly manipulative or wrong.  The POTUS and his cabinet are rarely experts on any of this material, so it makes sense they'll take their cues from a career staffer that has spent 35 years studying nothing but Russia.  And if something ends up in court, as many Trump policies did, who's to say the lawyers are actually making good and winning arguments for something they don't fully support?

Many people, it seems, believe & fear the POTUS might nuke a hurricane.  I don't happen to think a POTUS could do that even if they wanted to.

Honestly, domestically the only impactful thing I can remember a POTUS doing in the past 20 years is Obama's DACA.  And judges.  Even the veto is largely irrelevant because of the Senate filibuster.

Mon, Apr 25, 2022 9:38 AM
posted by superman

Even Boogie, the biggest ratard on this site, is clowning you on this.  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 5:37 AM

Now that’s funny

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 9:08 AM

For those who say "someone else is running the ship" I can't say that I disagree. 

I've told many that I think Biden is an incompetent dolt but agree with the way this Ukraine situation has been handled (no military but sanctions). 

I'll also say that I think there's a 1000% chance that the way Ukraine has been handled was not Biden's idea as I don't think he has the faculties to do anything like that.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 26, 2022 7:03 PM
posted by jmog

I hope most of this is sarcasm, come on ptown  just admit there is a severe difference between just getting old and someone in major mental decline from something like dementia or Alzheimer’s.

And acting like it takes a medical degree to notice this is also asinine. You are just being obtuse just to avoid admitting you are being far left wing bias.

Stop being obtuse, what you are witnessing on live TV isn’t just getting old. Ronald Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Trump all were old, and they didn’t show these levels of symptoms. 

His incoherent rambling alone shows it’s not just getting old. Him trying to shake hands with invisible people shows it’s not just getting old. 

Be honest for once on this board.

One can think someone is too old and not have dementia. 

Again, I agree he is too old. But, in statements from other lawmakers in their discussions with him, he has not not lost it. 

Interesting you mentioned Reagan, because in his last Presidental years, he really struggled even worse than Biden now. It is debated whether he had dementia in that last year. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login